Rockhold VS Romero: Who ya got

Bmartin89

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I got Rockhold winning by tko. I don't see how Romero wins this one, If he takes Luke down Rockhold is just gonna sprawl right back up to his feet and pick Romero apart. Luke gets it done by TKO ground and pound aka weidman machida style

I have Rockhold, but it's a dangerous fight for him.

Interesting fight but if cockhold is smart about it he should be able to take a decision. Thought I do hope Yoel knees Lukes face into oblivion.

i don't care so much - but i want whoever loses to get KTFOed.

The fans lose either way. This should be a fight night main event

This match up is really awesome!

I am torn...over three i take Luke...

But i really think that Yoel is gonna tko Luke in the first two or three rounds...Yoel's straight punches will land and Luke's boxing defense isn't that great...

I will go with Luke on this one, TKO round 3 or 4

The fans lose either way. This should be a fight night main event
this fight is so ppv worthy, its a shame bout the rest of the card though. cept for the hunt fight.

Rockhold was in trouble against Branch.

Yoel finishes him.

Rockhold takes it. Possible ground & pound finish in the 3rd round.

Both are very exciting and talented fighters but I wouldn't exactly say I am a fan of either... Ugh... Part of me wants to say Rockhold but him training with Hooft gives me pause. Maybe that will be a good match as Rockholds biggest weakness is his hands but I can't recall the last fighter whose done well in a high pressure matchup under Hooft. As a coach the man seems to give decent technical insight but overall bad prep and psychological management.

Yoel is 40 years old and I tend to think the likelyness of him hitting a physical decline is going up precipitously at this point. In terms of style he reminds me a bit of a more dynamic and skillful Woodley, in the sense that he's low output/high damage. His wrestling credentials are impressive though he did get taken down against Weidman (got right back up though) but Rockhold's also a great ground fighter. So that's kind of a wash. Rockhold maybe able to keep Yoel at bay with his great kicking game but that's a dangerous play against a guy with Yoel's power and creativity.

I think the Rockholds glass chin/Yoel's 5 dollar gas tank argument is a little overplayed but there is merit to that dynamic when considering the matchup.

If a gun was put to my head I'd probably say Yoel Romero, but if I was putting money down I'd go with Rockhold.

This should be a walk in the park for Luke. Good matchup.

I luuh you Luke but Yoel is just too explosive.

q4UEH1V.gif

Luke has got this everywhere

Beyond a wild Hail Mary shot which Yoel is known for, I'm big time on Luke

Old man Yoel, some kind of explosive knockout.

Rockhold retires for good afterward

Rockhold will awaken concussed, confused and with a massive lump on his head that looks like an alien is about to pop out.

vbJ065.gif

Back