Rockhold is overrated on Sherdog

Branch isn't a can at all, nearly submitted Rumble but Rumble was saved by the bell, was champ at Titan FC, and he took the fight to the ground cause his a black belt under Rener Gracie. Also, Luke has beaten Lyoto,Tim Kennedy, and Jacare.

His chin is the problem otherwise he's beast otherwise
....but chin big factor.vegas will probably favor Whitaker because of it
It's the only reason I favor Whittaker. Unless Luke opens up with body kicks to the liver while managing distance I believe he'll get KO/TKO'd. I'd put an emphasis on managing distance the entire camp if I was luke's coach cause Whittaker has a way of closing distance so quickly. Luke has longer legs so that shouldn't be a problem assuming his aware.

His top wins are Weidman and Bisping and he looked meh at best against Branch. Luke Rocksalt was getting lit up on the feet until Branch decided for some reason to take the fight to the ground (Lukes strongest area).
Bisping is on a 2 fight skid and arguably 3 if you thought 46 y/o Hendo won the rematch, and Weidman just got his first win in 4 fights against a Welterweight.

Rockhold has some of the worst boxing in MMA and will be facing arguably the best boxer in all of MMA. Rockhold also has next to no take-down offense and Whittaker has the highest Take-Down defense % in the MW division and one of the highest in MMA.
I expect the Whittaker fight to be an absolute blow-out, Rockhold will last 2 rounds at best before Bobby Knuckles gets the KO/TKO.

giphy.gif

I think his striking is a stiff but powerful. He doesn't have hands but the kicks are really good. I don't think he's a dominant force but he has a lot going for him. He's in excellent shape and is a physical specimen and if he gets you down and he's on top he's going to win. He has one of the best top games I've ever seen and he's good at getting it there. I favor Whittaker but barely.

Rockhold's a monster

Let's see the op fight him then we'll see if he feels he's overrated

Cheah

He is underrated

I look forward to him becoming the champion again

Strong kick, top of the food chain bjj, good wrestling, huge MW with long reach. strikeforce champion and former UFC champion. yeah totally overrated. the guy is salty as fuck but come on.

His top wins are Weidman and Bisping and he looked meh at best against Branch. Luke Rocksalt was getting lit up on the feet until Branch decided for some reason to take the fight to the ground (Lukes strongest area).
Bisping is on a 2 fight skid and arguably 3 if you thought 46 y/o Hendo won the rematch, and Weidman just got his first win in 4 fights against a Welterweight.

Rockhold has some of the worst boxing in MMA and will be facing arguably the best boxer in all of MMA. Rockhold also has next to no take-down offense and Whittaker has the highest Take-Down defense % in the MW division and one of the highest in MMA.
I expect the Whittaker fight to be an absolute blow-out, Rockhold will last 2 rounds at best before Bobby Knuckles gets the KO/TKO.

giphy.gif

Rockhold has the longest finishing streak in MW history.

Robert Whittaker was outboxed and KOd by a karate practitioner with mediocre hands lol

Best boxer in MMA? That's hilarious.

Rockhold has the longest finishing streak in MW history.

Robert Whittaker was outboxed and KOd by a karate practitioner with mediocre hands lol

Best boxer in MMA? That's hilarious.
Years ago in a different weight class against maybe the best striker in MMA history not named Anderson Silva.
Whittaker has been tearing through guys like Romero, Brunson, and Jacare, while Rockhold is out there getting KOd by Bisping.

and his only losses are a BS loss against bisping where he tried to mail it in, a loss to roid monster vitor and a loss in the 2nd fight of his career.

IMO he's underrated. he destroyed bisping the first time they fought when he was taking it seriously, and finished an undefeated and surging weidman in a title fight. you could make a case for him being favored in any fight at MW right now.

Cruz's best wins are Faber and TJ which he didn't look very outstanding in in fact he only looked a little bit better in both. It's that easy to pick apart a record and be a jack ass.

And fuck take down defense when you have a ground game/ scramble like Rockhold's. You're asking for trouble if you take him down.

Maybe, but don't think so. MW is a mess of really old guys and then some dudes on the cusp of getting old (especially without the help of supplements via USADA) so I don't know what to think. Hard to tell who is for real because so many of these up and comers are just beating up guys who should have retired years ago.

Years ago in a different weight class against maybe the best striker in MMA history not named Anderson Silva.
Whittaker has been tearing through guys like Romero, Brunson, and Jacare, while Rockhold is out there getting KOd by Bisping.

Lol he lost rounds to Romero, Hall and struggled with several others and arguably lost rounds to them as well.

The guy was a few strikes away from losing a 3-2 to Romero where that was prominently on the feet.

Your greatest MMA striker ever was dropped by a brawler and beaten, thrashed by a wrestle boxer, and made gun shy by Rory.

You can cling onto Rockholds one slip up all you want but he has a more impressive resume than any names you have mentioned and will more than likely beat Whittaker. Will bump when he does.

He is. That can aka the weakest MW champion in history KO’d him

Uh Luke has beaten:

Weidman - Finished
Jacare - Decision
Machida - Finished
Branch - Finished
Bisping - Finished
Boetsch - Finsihed
Kennedy - Decision

Also the Branch win was very underrated, 21-3 coming into the fight on an 11 fight win streak...

The Bisping fluke loss obviously is biasing a lot of people's view of Luke, but there's no way you can't say he doesn't have one of, if no the best resume at Middleweight.

He's beaten:

Weidman
Jacare
Machida who was fresh off of a competitive title fight
Prime Kennedy
Bisping

And lol at UFC shills who think that Branch is some scrub, he was on a nine fight win streak with wins over guys like Okami and Jotko.

Lol he lost rounds to Romero, Hall and struggled with several others and arguably lost rounds to them as well.

The guy was a few strikes away from losing a 3-2 to Romero where that was prominently on the feet.

Your greatest MMA striker ever was dropped by a brawler and beaten, thrashed by a wrestle boxer, and made gun shy by Rory.

You can cling onto Rockholds one slip up all you want but he has a more impressive resume than any names you have mentioned and will more than likely beat Whittaker. Will bump when he does.
Conveniently ignoring the fact he had a type 2 tear in his MCL for majority of the fight against Romero, which would have severely impacted his movement and diminished his power. Without that he would've won 4-5 rounds, or finished him.

This entire comment showcases how little you know about mixed martial arts and how much of an absolute imbecile you are. Screen shotting this post.

Will make any bet you want on the fight.
Don't be scared homie

Back