Rockhold is overrated on Sherdog

JustBleed69

Touch-Butt Silver Belt
Yellow Card
Reaction score
His top wins are Weidman and Bisping and he looked meh at best against Branch. Luke Rocksalt was getting lit up on the feet until Branch decided for some reason to take the fight to the ground (Lukes strongest area).
Bisping is on a 2 fight skid and arguably 3 if you thought 46 y/o Hendo won the rematch, and Weidman just got his first win in 4 fights against a Welterweight.

Rockhold has some of the worst boxing in MMA and will be facing arguably the best boxer in all of MMA. Rockhold also has next to no take-down offense and Whittaker has the highest Take-Down defense % in the MW division and one of the highest in MMA.
I expect the Whittaker fight to be an absolute blow-out, Rockhold will last 2 rounds at best before Bobby Knuckles gets the KO/TKO.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
He won against Jacare. Bisping is not one of his 2 best wins by any means.

I’m not sure people overrate him. Most people just call him a whiny bitch. Lol

He WAS overrated after he beat Weidman. Now he is severely underrated. Even though I think Whittaker will beat him... He's the favourite with the bookmakers for a reason.

i dont think he is overrated but he is gonna get KOd

I think he's properly rated. People ackowledge his defence problems but it is still undeniable that he's a fantastic athlete.

His size gives a lot of folks problems. Anyone that overrated a fighter that got stroked out by Bisping is a damn fool

His chin is the problem otherwise he's beast otherwise
....but chin big factor.vegas will probably favor Whitaker because of it

His top wins are Weidman and Bisping and he looked meh at best against Branch. Luke Rocksalt was getting lit up on the feet until Branch decided for some reason to take the fight to the ground (Lukes strongest area).
Bisping is on a 2 fight skid and arguably 3 if you thought 46 y/o Hendo won the rematch, and Weidman just got his first win in 4 fights against a Welterweight.

Rockhold has the worst boxing in MMA and will be facing arguably the best boxer in all of MMA. Rockhold also has next to no take-down offense and Whittaker has the highest Take-Down defense % in the MW division and one of the highest in MMA.
I expect the Whittaker fight to be an absolute blow-out, Rockhold will last 2 rounds at best before Bobby Knuckles gets the KO/TKO.

giphy.gif

No he's not. Reem is what you'd call overrated.

Where does this rumor come from that Rockhold doesn't have good takedowns? Rockhold was one of the very few guys to ever take down Weidman. He has good takedowns and wouldn't be surprised if he gets anyone down in the MW division.

That being said Whitaker is still the only guy in the division I would pick to beat him.

Fights with his down too much relying his natural size/length

I never knew what was up with his boxing. He hardly strikes at all. But he has some great kicks and wrestling. He has a weird tendency to act apathetic in a fight, like he's on downers or something. But the rare few times he's been at his best mentally, he is extremely dangerous. What he did to Machida wasn't pretty to watch.

I think he's properly rated. People ackowledge his defence problems but it is still undeniable that he's a fantastic athlete.

Came into to say the same thing, I think he's been properly rated since his return, and as much as I like him, I think Whittaker finds his chin in their fight with ease.

Middleweight went through a weird transition 2013-2016.
Weidman beat Anderson right when Anderson’s ability to take a shot diminished (Plus he was the first person with power to connect with him in quite sometime). He also matched up with him quite well as seen in the rematch. His next two wins were Belfort and Machida. Again at the start of their decline so it looked like a much better set of wins. Because those three had been such big names and middleweight hadn’t had many new contenders Weidman gained an unbeatable aura.

Rockhold essentially inherited that. Both of them are definitely good. They did however benefit extremely well from timing. Had they have fought Jacere, Mousasi, Gastelum, Whittaker and Romero they wouldn’t have seemed so untouchable.

he's definitely underrated on here. he's clearly top 2 in that division but since he didn't try against bisping he sucks

I never knew what was up with his boxing. He hardly strikes at all. But he has some great kicks and wrestling. He has a weird tendency to act apathetic in a fight, like he's on downers or something. But the rare few times he's been at his best mentally, he is extremely dangerous. What he did to Machida wasn't pretty to watch.

It’s weird that. When he wins he seems calm and collected. When he loses he seems unmotivated and looks like he’d rather be somewhere else. Yet not much changes.

Back