Rockhold’s chin not that bad

Niels

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Is Rockhold’s chin underrated? He has a record of 16-3, with 3 (T)KO losses with one of them coming from a TRT Vitor kick. He obviously survived the Branch ‘assault’ without looking dazed and even in the Bisping and Vitor fights he never was really out, just stunned. I think his chinny reputation is because of mass hysteria. His chin is not the problem, but keeping his hands low is. That’s why I think he can definitely beat Romero if he takes the fight serious. Tell me if you think otherwise or agree (including the arguments why/why not)

Stunned? How about "dead"

36E9458900000578-3725911-image-m-8_1470422050772.jpg

The thing about him being chinny mostly comes from Bisping having a reputation of being pillow fisted. And obviously the Bisping haters refusing to believe he would be able to knock anyone out if they weren't chinny.

He's been one shotted a couple of times so it's not like he has an iron chin.

The thing about him being chinny mostly comes from Bisping having a reputation of being pillow fisted. And obviously the Bisping haters refusing to believe he would be able to knock anyone out if they weren't chinny.
Yeah you’re probably right, but that left hook landed perfectly, it probably would have a lot of fighters hurt

If you have been knocked out even once your chin is complete glass.

That’s what I’ve learned here over the years on Sherdog

Yep people are making him to be full glass chined because of the Bisping ko, but he had a war with prime teh Chris and that is not possible with a glass chin.

I say his is average

I said arguments not failed jokes.

Saying that Rockhold was only “stunned” is about the dumbest thing I’ve read on Sherdog all week.

And there have been TONS of Conor threads...

Saying that Rockhold was only “stunned” is about the dumbest thing I’ve read on Sherdog all week.

And there have been TONS of Conor threads...
How would you define stunned then? He obviously wasn’t completely knocked out and concussed? He looked completely fine almost immedialty after the fight was stopped.

He did an interview after that and was completely with his senses. So nope... son

How many years of brutal kos and post fight interviews have we had before they stopped doing that shit because of a handful of bad ones? Dont mean shit, he can barely speak even when he hasnt just had his jaw inverted

He did an interview after that and was completely with his senses. So nope... son

I don’t think you understand what being unconscious is. You can be out for a couple of minutes or a couple of seconds. Rockhold was the latter. He was totally limp with his arms down and his head being bounced around with an expression like he was staring into the afterlife. The fight was ruled a KO, and you’re saying he wasnt knocked out? Ok...

How many years of brutal kos and post fight interviews have we had before they stopped doing that shit because of a handful of bad ones? Dont mean shit, he can barely speak even when he hasnt just had his jaw inverted
He obviously knew where was and what had happened. Unlike the Cormier interview for example. My argument wasn’t that he did the interview it was how he did it.

ANYONE in the UFC (now that Cody McKenzie has moved on) who is properly trained to throw a punch, can knock out ANYONE, if they land a clean shot.

For some reason some people fail to grasp that. They should watch more fights.

Is Rockhold’s chin underrated? He has a record of 16-3, with 3 (T)KO losses with one of them coming from a TRT Vitor kick. He obviously survived the Branch ‘assault’ without looking dazed and even in the Bisping and Vitor fights he never was really out, just stunned. I think his chinny reputation is because of mass hysteria. His chin is not the problem, but keeping his hands low is. That’s why I think he can definitely beat Romero if he takes the fight serious. Tell me if you think otherwise or agree (including the arguments why/why not)
He’ll beat Romero purely based on cardio I think.

I don’t think you understand what being unconscious is. You can be out for a couple of minutes or a couple of seconds. Rockhold was the latter. He was totally limp with his arms down and his head being bounced around with an expression like he was staring into the afterlife. The fight was ruled a KO, and you’re saying he wasnt knocked out? Ok...
I never said it wasn’t a KO in terms of the decision. What i meant (yes maybe i didn’t type it like i meant to) is that he never showed serious signs of being concussed. If you’ve ever been seriously concussed you would know that nothing you say or hear seems to make sense, nor do you seem to know what the fuck just happened.

Back