Rock vs Stone Cold

Rock or austin

• Brahma Bull

• Rattlesnake

Results are only viewable after voting.
Rock winning at Backlash was better.
That whole match sucked because Big Show was required to be in the main event per his contract but he'd cooled off by then and then they brought Foley back right after he "retired" for no reason.

I still contend Foley should've won the title at the Rumble and lost it at No Way Out.

Stone Cold saved the company, not the Rock.

the rock had the mean jock persona, it was very unoriginal to me and bland. stone cold was much better.

Stone Cold when it comes to everything wrasslin

The Rock when it comes to simply entertainment

No one could cut a promo like The Rock. Stone Cold always came off like an angry tough guy and his feud with Vince McMahon was what he was most known for while The Rock was incredibly entertaining to watch. He was like Professional Wrestling's version of Muhammad Ali. Plus from a wrestling perspective he had cooler moves. His catch phrases were more creative and memorable.
There's a reason why The Rock became a Hollywood Superstar on a level no other Professional Wrestler obtained. Acting is a major aspect of Professional Wrestling and The Rock took it to another level. He had a dynamic personality. Stone Cold Steve Austin could be fun to watch too but I just don't think anyone compares to The Rock who was the full package. The Most Electrifying Man in ALL of Entertainment!

It'd be nice if these threads would add some context, i.e. define what criteria we're going by. Just in terms of pro wrestling, it's Austin. Better worker, drew more money, and was pretty much the face of the AE in WWE.

Vince carried the feuds with Austin. WM 13 was probably the best work Austin really did

Austin without a doubt.

The Rock was awesome on the mic. He was funny as hell. He had great charisma in and out of the ring. His in-ring work was NOT the best for technical moves, but he also never hurt anyone, so other wrestlers should have loved working with him. His Sharpshooter is a great piece of evidence on how he was technically not a good wrestler. I still loved to watch his work, but it was more about his charisma than his moves.

Austin was also gold on the mic. He was also funny as hell. His charisma was off the charts. He could really work any kind of match well, but he was more of a brawler. His matches with Bret Hart were epic. He and Vince really defined the Attitude Era. There were many involved, but his long program with VKM put the E back on top.

So this question is really too vague. On a pure wrestling standpoint, Stone Cold wins. Rock was close behind, but he WAS behind SCSA. On a "Hollywood-famous" standpoint, the Rock wins easily. I love Dwayne on the big screen. He's really one of the best action stars that we have currently, and he can do comedy well, too. Kinda like Schwarzenegger could do.

Being a wrestling purist, and this being the PW sub-forun, I have to vote Steve Austin. I enjoyed both of their work with the E, but Austin was more of a draw for me than Dwayne was.

Stone Cold wins with the help of the casuals {<redford}

Steve Austin wiped the floor with The Rock. I enjoyed The Rock's matches and promos but he didn't have even close to the intensity Austin had. The Rock was much more limited as a wrestler and to me he came across as a guy n a sport for tough men trying to make it as a comedian.

For instance, can you imagine The Rock generating the intensity of hatred for Bret Hart that Austin did during his feud with Bret Hart? Not a chance. Can you imagine how far short of Austin's performance The Rock would have fallen if placed into the "Pillman 9mm gun" angle? Would an angry Rock breaking into the injured and vulnerable Pillman's house been as scary as Austin was? Not a chance.

The Rock is a funny guy and that helped him cut some very funny promos and be part of some funny angles. Ultimately what made pro wrestling great back when it was great is not comedy but drama. A little comedy is nice and entertaining, but intense drama is the bedrock which provides the foundation for great quality pro wrestling.

Last edited:
Steve Austin wiped the floor with The Rock. I enjoyed The Rock's matches and promos but he didn't have even close to the intensity Austin had. The Rock was much more limited as a wrestler and to me he came across as a guy n a sport for tough men trying to make it as a comedian.

For instance, can you imagine The Rock generating the intensity of hatred for Bret Hart that Austin did during his feud with Bret Hart? Not a chance. Can you imagine how far short of Austin's performance The Rock would have fallen if placed into the "Pillman 9mm gun" angle? Would an angry Rock breaking into the injured and vulnerable Pillman's house been as scary as Austin was? Not a chance.

The Rock is a funny guy and that helped him cut me very funny rooms and be part of some funny angles. Ultimately what made pro wrestling great back when it was great is not comedy but drama. A little comedy is nice and entertaining, but intense drama is the bedrock which provides the foundation for great quality pro wrestling.

Mick Foley brought the savage out in Rock's character. He had some epic matches with HHH too, and of course Austin.

Other than that I cant really remember much of his matches. He's most known for his awesome promos

Mick Foley brought the savage out in Rock's character. He had some epic matches with HHH too, and of course Austin.

Other than that I cant really remember much of his matches. He's most known for his awesome promos

Do you remember fairly early in The Rock's career he had a ladder match with HHH? Well, HHH took all the painful looking bumps. The Rock only took the little bumps. Did you read in Mick Foley's book about how after the absolutely brutal chairshots to his head he took from The Rock while Mick was handcuffed (the match shown in Beyond The Mat) that every wrestler came up to Mick to ask how he was doing because they were worried about him? There was only one wrestler that didn't stop by to check to see how Mick was doing - it was The Rock!

Do you remember fairly early in The Rock's career he had a ladder match with HHH? Well, HHH took all the painful looking bumps. The Rock only took the little bumps. Did you read in Mick Foley's book about how after the absolutely brutal chairshots to his head he took from The Rock while Mick was handcuffed (the match shown in Beyond The Mat) that every wrestler came up to Mick to ask how he was doing because they were worried about him? There was only one wrestler that didn't stop by to check to see how Mick was doing - it was The Rock!

Yep I remember all of that, and Foley's book is still the best autobiography I've ever read

Back