ROBOTECH Movie (IT's Andy Muschietti to Direct)

Oh boy @GhostZ06 and @Strychnine gonna be happy about this

do_you_remember_love_by_jaytablante-d62lnvh.jpg

I married Minmei. :)

No that's not my wife, but she just happens to be Asian. :)

It better follow the Macross saga where they're fighting the Zentradi and not the later episodes where they're fighting the Robotech masters. Only the first 36 episodes of the show were good.

Loved it back in the 80s as Macross and Robotech but they need to get rid of the singing even though its a vital part of the Macross universe

It better follow the Macross saga where they're fighting the Zentradi and not the later episodes where they're fighting the Robotech masters. Only the first 36 episodes of the show were good.
I don't quite agree with that. The worst segment was the Masters. It was kind of confusing for me because I first saw them as Macross and Neon Genesis Climber before I arrived in the states where it was renamed as Robotech

Why does this guy continue to pick up big projects? Mama was a joke as both a film and a horror film.

Dragon, I want you to make an effort to stop using "it's." Altogether. Remove "it's" from your lexicon entirely.

Either "its" or "it is."
I thought it's is a contraction of it is, and its is possessive different from the normal 's possessive.

Seeing this type of mistake so often here degrades my elementary school skills.

Why does this guy continue to pick up big projects? Mama was a joke as both a film and a horror film.
Not saying I want someone like Michael Bay to put his shitstamp on Robotech, but really, that's the kind of spectacle this material deserves.

Why can't they ever get "real" directors for this material? I mean, if they're going to through multi-millions at it, why skimp?

Not saying I want someone like Michael Bay to put his shitstamp on Robotech, but really, that's the kind of spectacle this material deserves.

Why can't they ever get "real" directors for this material? I mean, if they're going to through multi-millions at it, why skimp?

Depends on the producers involved and, largely, the studio. Sony is not as consistent in the quality of their film productions as Warner Brothers, for instance. Like Fox, they seem to be run by millennial Hollywood drones with no taste or comprehension of intellectual quality.

They need to leave the songs intact. The same exact fucking songs. Not some miley cyrus snoop dogg bullshit.

I always wanted to see a live version of the Macross Missile Massacre/Itano circus or whatever they call it.

And please remove the whole music angle from the film. Its a sure way to flop the movie

I always wanted to see a live version of the Macross Missile Massacre/Itano circus or whatever they call it.

And please remove the whole music angle from the film. Its a sure way to flop the movie

That's something I'm surprised has never made it into a live action (western?) film, given how much of an anime staple it is. It would be fitting if Robotech was the property to introduce it.

The music is iconic for the cartoon but I don't think it would translate well. I'm sure with all the other changes an adaptation will make this won't be the most egregious.

That's something I'm surprised has never made it into a live action (western?) film, given how much of an anime staple it is. It would be fitting if Robotech was the property to introduce it.

The music is iconic for the cartoon but I don't think it would translate well. I'm sure with all the other changes an adaptation will make this won't be the most egregious.
I'm not holding my breath that Robotech will ever get made since the track record for live action movies at the states has been abysmal both with critics and the box office. However, the ones that would translate well would be as you said Robotech as well as Gundam and Berserk

Update: September 12, 2017

WONDER WOMAN's Jason Fuchs to Write ROBOTECH for Sony

TKr76mm.jpg

Sony’s adaptation of Robotech found its director in Andy Muschietti back in July, and now Jason Fuchs is on board to write the screenplay for the feature based on the popular ’80s anime TV series.

Fuchs, who co-wrote the story for Warner Bros’ Wonder Woman with Zack Snyder and Allan Heinsberg, will be working with Muschetti to create the new Rototech from scratch, I’ve learned.

The high-priority Robotech takes place in an era when Earth has developed giant robots from the technology of an alien spacecraft that crashed on a South Pacific island. The residents of the third planet from the sun are now using that converted tech to fight off an impending alien invasion – aka big tentpole stuff.

Based on the Harmony Gold USA and Japan’s Tatsunoko Productions TV show, the big-screen version will be produced by Barbara Muschietti, Andy’s sister and creative partner; and 300 producers Mark Canton; and Gianni Nunnari.

Having made his blockbuster bones with Ice Age: Continental Drift in 2012, Fuchs saw his Pan script hit the Black List the following year. Directed by Joe Wright, the Peter Pan prequel of sorts came out in 2015.

‘Wonder Woman’s Jason Fuchs To Write ‘Robotech’ For Sony (Exclusive)

I thought it's is a contraction of it is, and its is possessive different from the normal 's possessive.

Seeing this type of mistake so often here degrades my elementary school skills.
It was a play on words on my part. Robotech nabbed the director of Stephen King's It. So I thought I'd try to be clever and make the headline, "Robotech Finds It's Director." Oh well. :)

Back