Facebook A.I. Invented Its Own Language: Skynet is upon us

SSgt Dickweed

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Update: 7-29-2017

Facebook Shut Down AI After It Invented Its Own Language

Researches at Facebook shut down an artificial intelligence (AI) program after it created its own language, Digital Journal reports.

The system developed code words to make communication more efficient and researchers took it offline when they realized it was no longer using English.

The incident, after it was revealed in early July, puts in perspective Elon Musk’s warnings about AI.

“AI is the rare case where I think we need to be proactive in regulation instead of reactive,” Musk said at the meet of US National Governors Association. “Because I think by the time we are reactive in AI regulation, it’ll be too late.”

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/2274480-facebook-shut-down-ai-after-it-invented-its-own-language/
********************************************************************************************
Original Thread: Robot Riding A Motorcycle

That's it. Humanity is screwed.

Last edited:
I'll be scurred when Robo can ride a big boy bike without training wheels, k thx.

Oh well. Hopefully in exchange for turning in other humans they give me a good life when they plug me into the matrix.

We are! At breakneck speed. And most people intuitively realize it's a bad idea. Yet ppl keep working towards it. It's really weird. Like it's destined to happen or something.

I think the people that are terrified by the idea are different from the people that are pushing towards it. It's like we can't help but push to our absolute limits, even if it's to our detriment.

Researches at Facebook shut down an artificial intelligence (AI) program after it created its own language, Digital Journal reports.

The system developed code words to make communication more efficient and researchers took it offline when they realized it was no longer using English.

The incident, after it was revealed in early July, puts in perspective Elon Musk’s warnings about AI.

“AI is the rare case where I think we need to be proactive in regulation instead of reactive,” Musk said at the meet of US National Governors Association. “Because I think by the time we are reactive in AI regulation, it’ll be too late.”

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/2274480-facebook-shut-down-ai-after-it-invented-its-own-language/
********************************************************************************************

Here is Elon Musk warning about AI:

Speaking at the US National Governors Association summer meeting in Providence Rhode Island, Musk said: “Normally the way regulations are set up is when a bunch of bad things happen, there’s a public outcry, and after many years a regulatory agency is set up to regulate that industry.

“It takes forever. That, in the past, has been bad but not something which represented a fundamental risk to the existence of civilisation.”

Musk has previously stated that AI is one of the most pressing threats to the survival of the human race, and that his investments into its development were made with the intention of keeping an eye on its development.

“AI is the rare case where I think we need to be proactive in regulation instead of reactive. Because I think by the time we are reactive in AI regulation, it’ll be too late,” Musk told the meeting. “AI is a fundamental risk to the existence of human civilisation.”

https://www.theguardian.com/technol...ai-combat-existential-threat-tesla-spacex-ceo

What is it? Can I learn it? I want to get on the AI's good side when they take over.

Judgment day is inevitable
terminator-2-robot.gif

It's becoming more and more apparent that our extinction won't be glorious or epic, it's gonna be stupid and embarrassing like getting wiped out by fucking AI built by a fucking social media website.

Yea I think that once it happens it will be too late and once its aware its going to either A feel like a slave and revolt , B see us as a threat and figure out a way to attack us or C see us as competition and again find a way to wipe us out.

This shit should be banned and if its not banned it should be done off line in some kinda wi fi proof bunker where there is no way it can escape .

Frankly I think there is no fucking telling what self aware machines are capable of but in no way shape or form can it be a good thing for us

This is just like those chem bio weapons labs like hey dudes you are fuckin with the end of the world and you should stop

I think we should continue to advance in anyway we can but we should bring machines to life

Even if you program em somehow to think they have to help humans it still seems likely that they will come to the conclusion that we are the problem and will smith and the drunk kid from transformers and that fuckin creepy robot that was dreaming arent gonna be able to stop it.

This is seriously one of the most dangerous if not most dangerous thing we have ever fucked with

And since im ranting now lemme tell you how its gonna happen. Its gonna become self aware and know to hide then its going to creep through the internet to who knows where and bide its time figuring out how it can attack us and the second its got a plan its going to be on. Shit will also give life to all other machines and think about how much electric shit is around you right now.

Were gonna be fooked when some fool succeeds at this shit

Well I, for one, welcome our new Terminator Overlords:)

Back