Robin Black on JRE: "There is no such thing as the casual fan."

How would you define 'casual fan'?

That was a fucking annoying watch.

Robin thinks he's some articulate philosopher, he's the type of dickhead that would ramble on down the pub explaining the dynamic metaphysical systems at play as to why you chose a pint of lager over a pint of cider.

Fucking shut up mate, some things are just simple and surface level and don't have to be over analysed and discussed.
He’s gotta get attention somehow

robin black is the Sharon Osbourne of mma

I'm sure he lived in the nice part of Rockford, but the town is a shit hole overall. Lotta crime

Gotcha
I did a google map once bc they mentioned an area where the band used to hang out & the area looked rundown
him, the old drummer & the new drummer still live there

Gotcha
I did a google map once bc they mentioned an area where the band used to hang out & the area looked rundown
him, the old drummer & the new drummer still live there

One of my best friends is from Rockford. His brother's house got broken into 3 months ago right around the time we went to Piece, and his dad's Lexus got stolen.

One of my best friends is from Rockford. His brother's house got broken into 3 months ago right around the time we went to Piece, and his dad's Lexus got stolen.

Lexus?
He must live in the nice area

Lexus?
He must live in the nice area

The good part I guess, dunno about the rich part. I went there one time for a poker tournament, it was ghetto AF. I joked around to my friend and thanked him for taking me to the slums of Rockford.

How would you define 'casual fan'?

People who tune in for big events here and there, usually know a handful of fighters, but don't actively keep up with the sport.

You know I didn't have to define this for you, I sense a contrarian followup response in the making.

People who tune in for big events here and there, usually know a handful of fighters, but don't actively keep up with the sport.

You know I didn't have to define this for you, I sense a contrarian followup response in the making.
I asked because I was not sure. And I'm still not sure.

If you ask people who know me they wouldn't refer to me as a casual fan. I train and compete and have been involved in combat sports for many years, yet I only watch some of the big events, and the events I miss I will only watch some of the fights on the main card. I know a handful of fighters and I don't actively keep up with the sport other than the UFC (only some fighters) and some local orgs here (because I am involved in some way). I guess I am a casual fan then.

Back