Robin Black on JRE: "There is no such thing as the casual fan."

Nah, Pequod’s is where its at.

Pequods on Clybourn is better than the one in Morton Grove. 2nd best deep dish in Chicago. That carmelized crust is the shit

This is just one of those statements that sounds right and profound when said but if you put any thought into it whatsoever the argument crumbles.

Hardcore fans watch fight nights and no-name contenders who can become future stars. Hardcore fans watch fights out of the UFC or attend local events.

Casuals only come around once in a while to watch Conor or Ronda fight. Casuals have no idea who the actual champs are in the UFC.

I went to a party to watch Floyd/Conor, almost everyone there was picking Conor by KO. Only me and one other guy who also trained BJJ/followed MMA picked Floyd to win.

The casual fan is obviously a real thing and Robin Black is retarded.

It's not just an MMA thing either. A casual baseball fan might only watch the World Series. A casual NFL fan might only watch the playoffs if "their" team or a local team is doing well. A casual NBA fan might not be able to name the starting 5 in their favorite team or know when their star player is out with an injury.

Last edited:
That's why UFC PPVs fluctuate from 100K-1M buys?

@Hardkore
Ever try - http://www.piecechicago.com/pizza.php ?

Owned by
3124.jpg

There is definitely casual fans but I agree that it's a mistake to try and cater to them specifically.

No man, your #1 deep dish in Chicago. If I wanted your phone number I’d have asked for it while sending nudes to your DM’s/

Lou Malnati's, Pequods, Burt's (Burt Katz, former original owner of Pequods and Gulliver's, died 2 years ago), Pizano's.

That was a fucking annoying watch.

Robin thinks he's some articulate philosopher, he's the type of dickhead that would ramble on down the pub explaining the dynamic metaphysical systems at play as to why you chose a pint of lager over a pint of cider.

Fucking shut up mate, some things are just simple and surface level and don't have to be over analysed and discussed.

So he's just a douche? Why you analyzing and discussing his psychology so much m8

Believe it or not, I was there 3-4 months ago. Just checked my phone if I still had the pictures of the pizzas we ordered. Its in Wicker Park.

Any good
I met Rick several times & big fan of the band

Back