Robin Black on JRE: "There is no such thing as the casual fan."

As the head of team casual i find this offensive

Doubting my existence and shit
<{cum@me}>

Well on the other hand... If you dot exist you cant have yellows.
I think the mods need to look into this.

Even Shaub is better than Robin Black....

my bud knows mcgregor, honda, brock, etc but the minute you talk to him about an up and comer or anything below 155 he is absolutely lost....there you have a casual...

He's the absolute worst. Failed fighter, who overcompensates via the most ridiculous word salad analysis ever.
"This is a battle of anticipation within empty spaces vs aggressive movement in unconscious counter space ..."
puke.

<45>

I didn't watch the video. Did he actually say that, word for word?

In the past there have been times where I've caught myself doing this. The funniest times are when you forget your own point because you get so carried away with your pompous description. Might as well be...

<Moves>

Sherdog really needs a separate sub-forum for Black, Schaub, Slack, Rogan and other podcasters.
I actually prefer the opposite, I would like Worldwide and UFC discussion merged. I think it would really shine light on early prospects to a more, shall i say..gasp, casual crowd?

He’s so desperate for acknowledgement with his pseudo intellectual theories that he can’t stop being relentless, pretentious cringe show

I listen to the MMA hour and I think Ariel is a tool, I listen to Luke Thomas podcast and I think he is a cuck

It’s just an MMA podcast my dude, has lots of fighters I’m a fan of on there
So you listen to people you don’t respect? Wow says a lot about you. Must have a lot of free time my friend.

Your reading comprenhsion skills are bad
You said you listen to podcasts with hosts you don’t respect, because the guests. You don’t respect the person hosting, understood perfectly. If you are not a fan of someone but support their craft and show it makes you seem like a tool yourself imo.

You said you listen to podcasts with hosts you don’t respect, because the guests. You don’t respect the person hosting, understood perfectly. If you are not a fan of someone but support their craft and show it makes you seem like a tool yourself imo.

Oh

Not at all. A fan is a fanatic, meaning they are in tune with the sport and everything associated with it.

A casual fan are idiots without much knowledge of the sport and the fighters within it.
Exactly, there are levels to this shit!

How do you define a hardcore fan?

Joe Rogan is the Godfather of the so called "hardcore fans" and even he doesn't follow MMA religiously. On the other hand, you have Ariel Helwani (who is vehemently hated by many hardcore fans) who can remember UFC numbers and headlines like the back of his hand.

Also GSP, the most noncontroversial GOAT, doesn't follow MMA religiously. He recently said it on the JRE podcast. He follows a few guys he respects, and the rest he doesn't care for.

All these labels of "hardcore fan" and "casual fan" are just meaningless labels used to create an elitist delusion in some people's minds. It is similar to Right Wingers calling Left Wingers "Libtards" "SJWs" "Cucks" and etc, and Left Wingers calling Right Wingers "NAZIs" "Facist" "Racist" and etc.

They are just distractions that are used to hide a weak position and/or to impede productive conversations.
I disagree, Joe does watch it pretty religiously. He has a whole podcast centered around the discussion of it.

I do agree that some people are egoic about being a hardore fan, but this has nothing to do with the context that's presented here. The context is in regards to marketing the product to contrasted demographics. Clearly there are those who will tune in with a big name, or watch because it's on, but there of course are those who follow the sport. There is a clear distinction between the two and Robin's just plain wrong.

There are people that pay and people that don't. Reading blogs and subscribing to Twitter pages etc may make people feel more worthy as a fan but you are either a dollar contributor or not. Casual, hardcore, they are just silly little boy forum words

Robin likes to over analyze and throw out broad statements like "there's no such thing as **** in fighting".

The sad part of the podcast was when Robin indirectly begged Rogan to get him a job with the UFC, after saying he'd been knocked back.
But Rogan shut him down saying his analysis doesn't appeal to the casual viewer.
Awkward.

I disagree, Joe does watch it pretty religiously. He has a whole podcast centered around the discussion of it.
I do agree that some people are egoic about being a hardore fan, but this has nothing to do with the context that's presented here. The context is in regards to marketing the product to contrasted demographics. Clearly there are those who will tune in with a big name, or watch because it's on, but there of course are those who follow the sport. There is a clear distinction between the two and Robin's just plain wrong.
Joe like most people follows the brand-name fighters who are making click-bait news. The guy is way too busy to know every single Top 10 fighter of every single division in the UFC, and how they like to fight, and what could be very good future match-ups for all these Top 10 fighters. I listen to the Joe Rogan experience, sometimes he can't even remember fighter names, and Young Jamie has to help him with Google searches.

For there to "casual fans" you have to describe these so-called "hardcore fans." Even on Sherdog, most people aren't really hardcore fans. How many the UFC dying threads do we get a week? How many cards are dismissed because there no brand-name fighters listed? How many tactical battles are called "boring" because the fighters are not gassed and bleeding from inefficient-off-balanced-looping punches?

If you are a hardcore fan of anything (and not making a living from it), then you have too much time on your hands. LOL

Not at all. A fan is a fanatic, meaning they are in tune with the sport and everything associated with it.

A casual fan are idiots without much knowledge of the sport and the fighters within it.

Fanatical is overboard, not just knowledge and such.

Casuals are the lifeblood of MMA, you filthy hardcores should be paying tribute for us keeping your shitty little sport alive.

Back