Robin Black on JRE: "There is no such thing as the casual fan."

From that standpoint, chasing a casual audience it's true

But I watch maybe 5 cards a year, how am I not a casual viewer)

I really hope Robin Black disappears, everything he says is pure rubbish

Whatever credibility Black had should have disappeared after the embarrassing lead up to the McGregor/May fight, but we're not living in a sane world.

Last edited:
How can anyone who listens to Schaub call someone else a name?

I listen to the MMA hour and I think Ariel is a tool, I listen to Luke Thomas podcast and I think he is a cuck

It’s just an MMA podcast my dude, has lots of fighters I’m a fan of on there

Whatever credibility Black had should have disappeared after the embarrassing lead up to the McGregor fight, but we're not living in a sane world.
He's the absolute worst. Failed fighter, who overcompensates via the most ridiculous word salad analysis ever.
"This is a battle of anticipation within empty spaces vs aggressive movement in unconscious counter space ..."
puke.

Robin Black is fascinating... How in the fuck has a guy so excruciatingly annoying and clueless become a person that people listen to?

I just don't get it.

I've listened to 5 minutes of Robin Black and that was entirely too long.

actual fighting yea bloodlust has been with us from the beginning anything fighting related but not fighting yea he's right

what's the opposite of a hardcore fan then?
How do you define a hardcore fan?

Joe Rogan is the Godfather of the so called "hardcore fans" and even he doesn't follow MMA religiously. On the other hand, you have Ariel Helwani (who is vehemently hated by many hardcore fans) who can remember UFC numbers and headlines like the back of his hand.

Also GSP, the most noncontroversial GOAT, doesn't follow MMA religiously. He recently said it on the JRE podcast. He follows a few guys he respects, and the rest he doesn't care for.

All these labels of "hardcore fan" and "casual fan" are just meaningless labels used to create an elitist delusion in some people's minds. It is similar to Right Wingers calling Left Wingers "Libtards" "SJWs" "Cucks" and etc, and Left Wingers calling Right Wingers "NAZIs" "Facist" "Racist" and etc.

They are just distractions that are used to hide a weak position and/or to impede productive conversations.

He was reaching and I don't think even convinced himself. He looked at Rogan after looking like he was thinking "..right? ..yeah? You buying this?"

I think he's right in terms of channel surfers though.

Back