Roberto Satoshi matches at Abu Dhabi Pro?

Just for the record...satoshi fought both Michael langhi and leandro lo at purple. He beat leandro at least. He is purple and brown back to back world champion. It's not like he came out of nowhere, right?

Did he fight Michael or Michel at purple?

If it is Michael, it sounds like he should of received his black belt sooner than last year. Michael received his in early 2009 if I remember correctly.

I think it was Michael Langhi at purple. I don't think he came out of nowhere, he's been winning all the way through the ranks.

Did he fight Michael or Michel at purple?

If it is Michael, it sounds like he should of received his black belt sooner than last year. Michael received his in early 2009 if I remember correctly.

Satoshi was a brown belt and fought Michael Langhi at the Abu Dhabi Pro in 2010 when Michael was getting into his prime and dominating as a black belt. Michael Langhi beat him with 1 sweep by a score of 2-0.

Can anyone shed more light on how the death of a loved one can influence an athletes performance?

I read that Dan gable's sister was raped/murdered and he actually bought the house it happend in and slept in the same room.

look at how well brett favre performed in a football game after a death of someone close to him

The most impressive thing about Satoshi is that, as was mentioned previously, he beats top guys without training with top guys. I don't know one guy out there who does this!!! Mind blowing.

The most impressive thing about Satoshi is that, as was mentioned previously, he beats top guys without training with top guys. I don't know one guy out there who does this!!! Mind blowing.

Roger Gracie.

anyway i think the key to beat Satoshi is to slow him down, his scrambling and speed is off the chart.

Rodrigo Caporal was able to slow Satoshi down by using under down pass, although he eventually lose by ref decision but that fight was close and incredibly boring lol.

Satoshi was on the path towards being a champion at black belt before his fathers death. If you look at his game he is very well rounded. His guard is aggressive and encompasses some sweeps that people aren't used to seeing. His top game has a lot of pressure and he obviously does high amounts of repetition.

A better question may be... what makes any competitor able to hang with the top level black belts within a year of their promotion from brown belt.

Examples:

Mendes Bros
Satoshi
JT Torres seems to have been pretty successful since his promotion.

Anyone else? Any idea why they would be special cases comparatively?

my vote goes to Antonio Carlos Jr. he got bronze at Worlds 2011 and Silver at AD Pro losing to Rodolfo in the finals by adv and slapping flying triangle on Bernardo in the semis after 2-0 lead.

here is video of beaufiul flying triangle that he caught Leandro Lo at this years panams

I heard he's gonna be at the Atos Mundial training camp.

Favorite, or darkhorse to win it?

Back