Robert Whittaker vs. Luke Rockhold Targeted For UFC 221 In Perth, Australia (Poll)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
So GSP is being stripped as he should or UFC fucked up again?
Whittaker by KO.
So he should be stripped not defending the belt yet, which he hasn't had for 2 mth? people like you are very brainless. It took weidman 7 mths defend it agaist luke. it took luke 6 mth to defend the belt against bisping. it took bisping year and one mths defend it against gsp. but yet gsp has defend it soon he got it. that y'all been crying about since gsp got it. If he not fighting he should vacate it blah, blah. Y'all listen to brandon and luke saying they heard he not going fight Rob. when in fact gsp said he was. simple mind people like y'all should have never been able make account on this site.

The thought of Whittaker potentially having beat Brunson, Jacare, Romero, and Rockhold and still be called interim champ, while bloated GSP who beat Bisping is labeled the real champ, is pretty hilarious and sad.

I’m no Rockhold fan but I feel as though many are sleeping on him. He has all the tools to be a nightmare for Whittaker. He can fight like a bigger, stronger albeit slower version of wonderboy if he wanted to with better grappling and submissions.

This is an absurd comparison. Wonderboy is extremely elusive and rarely gets hit cleanly. Rockhold's main weakness is his striking defense.

The only similarities are they both are tall and like to stay at range and kick. But Luke doesn't have even a fraction of the footwork Wonderboy has. He does a poor job of keeping distance and only has a left kick and right hook as weapons. Wonderboy is constantly moving, changing angles, and you never know which limb will be flying at you, all equally dangerous. Their striking is nothing alike.

Wait. That must mean he's champion now then? Defending an Interim belt? Wot?

Pointless exercise in GSP fighting Bisping then. Strip him, he's more intriguing at WW anyway, and we can call this the real middleweight title fight, it's an excellent fight anyway.

I knew this would happen, and it pisses me off that GSP gets to dodge an ass whipping, but I like the match up. I'm not 100% confident Whittaker beats Rockhold, but if he finds his chin, Luke is going to sleep. GSP is officially removed from the GOAT rankings for ducking a unification bout with Whittaker.

Why luke though lol

Yoel said no to Luke, Jacare coming off a loss, I guess they didn' want Weidman vs Luke 2 though that's an entertaining fight IMO.

In not sure about there thought process on who gets the title shot but Luke has only a limited number of match ups so I guess they went with this.

So he should be stripped not defending the belt yet, which he hasn't had for 2 mth? people like you are very brainless. It took weidman 7 mths defend it agaist luke. it took luke 6 mth to defend the belt against bisping. it took bisping year and one mths defend it against gsp. but yet gsp has defend it soon he got it. that y'all been crying about since gsp got it. If he not fighting he should vacate it blah, blah. Y'all listen to brandon and luke saying they heard he not going fight Rob. when in fact gsp said he was. simple mind people like y'all should have never been able make account on this site.
GSP never said he was going to fight Whittaker, he was always evasive about that question and now pulled out a excuse to don't go to Perth, GSP took the only fight he could've won and now will probably go for money fights, since he is a fraud.

Robert is a tough match up for Luke but I think Luke's size, length, and grappling gets it done.

People shit on Luke because he is a definition douche but the guy is one of the best MWs to compete in the UFC, skill wise, and is a really tough match up for any MW.

This is a better fight anyway. Fuck yeah.

If Rockhold gets him down he might be in trouble.

Wow, what a joke.

How do they promote this, "hang on to your seats for the first time ever an INTERIM belt is getting defended, thats right folks"

Great fight - hard to doubt Whittaker at this point, his run is very impressive...

However I'm going with Luke. He has way more ways to win and I think he's on a mission and will have fixed his holes since the worlds most embarassing fluke Bisping loss.

Luke via Sub round ONE. Book it.

Whittaker stuffing takedowns from Romero with one leg was a sight to behold. Can’t think of anyone that beats him
true but i think the fact that Romero and Whitaker had simular body types was a factor along with Bobbys excellent TDD. With Rockhold its a little tricky because his frame is larger so that adds a whole other dimension to the grappling. I think Luke can have better success with takedowns and more importantly, top control. Romero is better at takedowns overall but Rockhold is much better at using his size and body weight to keep the fight on the mat! when they attempt to scramble up he has very good instincts to shift his weight and deny them. very intriguing fight though.

2503979514001_5491440698001_5491133346001-vs.jpg

Back