Robert Whittaker vs Gegard Mousasi - how does it go?

I believe there's no common sense to do math's and dispute because some of you would never consider Mousasi possible UFC champ only if he comes back but still i think Bellator can provide to Mousasi some challenges and he will do wonders .
Moose is a gate keeper at best

Mousasi could barely land anything on Machida but landed more strikes than Machida. Weird.

If you have watched Jacare, Mousasi and Machida fight in the last two years it's easy to see who is still getting better and who are regressing (thanks usada)
Gegard hasn't improved much at all since USADA. His streak isnt impressive. Jacares so old and had a war with Romero, plus he never tested positive so you have to give him the b.o.t.d. I'd say Moose was better PreUSADA

I don't know shoud we talk further because i find inteligence as a best weapon in his whole fighting career ( Not only MMA) You can't come out dry from water without brains . ( Both King Mo and Machida btw got caught on juice after and still Gegard could handle them) . Now someone should say about illusions

Did you watch the King Mo fight? Moose should have won that fight easy but he thought he was somehow ahead and tried to coast, then didn't realize he was losing until it was over. That's dumb as shit fight IQ. Coasting has always been one of his problems. He's admitted that and said he planned to overcome that (which, looking at his recent fights, he has) but it's not a fault Whittaker has had.

Rob is Maori so has that connection with NZ, just like how an Aboriginal born in America will have that connection to Aus. Also Rob said hes Kiwi, please watch

At 3:50 he says he is both and when pressed, answers that his passport says he is Australian. Sounds like he wants to be both, good for him.

Tough fight to pick. I’ll take Whittaker (just), Moose is in his prime, but Robert is young and continuing to improve every fight.

That loss to Jacare was 4 years ago, or 10 fights ago for Mousasi. Mousasi just simply got caught. It's not a big deal, doesnt mean he isnt elite of the elites.

Simply got caught? What? Jacare completely handled Moose both on the feet and the ground until the 3rd round and then he finished him. Moose had absolutely nothing to offer Jacare. He didn't get caught he got flogged badly in that one.

Moose would never have or ever be the UFC champion. He just didnt have that extra X-Factor like Rob. Sure Moose won Pride, Bellator, Dream titles etc but even combined they pale in comparison to the elusive UFC title.

Its funny how you Moose fans are happy to say that Uriahs KO was a fluke, as it showed in there rematch. Yet you dismiss the upkick ffs on Jacare and then Jacare dominating Moose in the rematch
U knew from the fight that it was a bit of a lucky shot, because thoose ko shots usually come from reads off of a predictable move which wasnt the case. You know it was aimed for the body right? Mousasi just literally happened to by chance shoot for a takedown, but it was a great knock out win for Uriah and it shows just how good he can be.
I dont particularly remember the upkick tbf. I dont think ive watched the fight so i cant say really say anything about that, just so that it was a submission loss
at Dream he fought against Mark Hunt.... a HW fighter and won by submission.....

The thing is you cant make such a statement like that to a guy like Gegard who has finished many elite fighters in a fashionable manner. You cant be for sure to say that he would never win the ufc title. What do you mean xfactor? Just because he doesn't look as fancy as a Yoel Romero doesn't mean he can't win the belt
His last 6 wins, all 5 of them have been KO/TKOs over the likes of Weidman, Belfort, Santos etc

Mousasi scoffed at the idea of whittaker being a good fighter, said he was second easiest fighter at middleweight behind bisping.

Meanwhile mousasi gets relegated to the B league?

Mousasi left UFC because the whole MW debacle of Bisping GSP. 2 years of the Best MW fighters being snubbed for the joke of 34 day GSP reign.

Simple minded watchers can't see further than mma math . When you don't understand basics of MMA you can't compare styles . In match up of 2 league MW champs Mousasi would be favorite that's obvious .
The only thing I could see (because of the UFC hype and how he's fought) that they'd make Whitaker or Romero a SLIGHT favorite......and my money would be on Gegard.

Simply got caught? What? Jacare completely handled Moose both on the feet and the ground until the 3rd round and then he finished him. Moose had absolutely nothing to offer Jacare. He didn't get caught he got flogged badly in that one.

Exactly. Mousasi's fans downplay his losses to Machida, Hall and Jacare in the UFC, but they happened for a reason. Of those fights, Jacare was the most dominant...he literally beat him everywhere and beat him badly as you said.

His stock hasn't gone up any in Bellator IMO. He barely beat a bloated WW. Last night's win was definitely better, but Carvalho's best win was over a 41-year old Manhoef.

Rob hits harder, has a great gameplan (fight iq), Robs also faster, fitter and stronger. Moose cant take Rob down, nor hold him there (ask Yoel). It would be a standup battle and Whittaker is the most accurate fighter in the entire UFC roster.
Wow was Robert 'No known weaknesses' Whittaker just born?

Moose will return to UFC in a couple years and destroy whoever has the belt

Whittaker can outwrestle Mousasi. Mousasi is a good grappler but Whittaker proved to be better than him against Jacaré.

Interesting match up of styles, I can't choose which side will win but the fans are for a treat if UFC and Bellator will allow Champion vs. Champion.

Remind me again why Mousasi isn't in the UFC?

Can someone also remind me why Bader and Davis aren't in the UFC with that weak ass Light Heavyweight division?

And someone please tell me why Rory isn't in the UFC when guys like Covington and Usman are?

Remember when Weidman was going to out wrestle Mousasi?
Remember when Mousasi would just scramble against Jacaré and pick him apart standing? See how Whittaker did way better again Romero than Weidman, it's clear Whittaker is much faster and a level above current Weidman, specially in later rounds.

Back