Robert Whittaker vs Gegard Mousasi - how does it go?

Winnable fight for Gegard but I'd bet on Bobby.

Explain how mousasi beats romero.

Jacare is superior to mousasi his win is more relevant.

Whittakers himself identifies as aussie and his dad is aussie. He also lives in australia.
Rob is Maori so has that connection with NZ, just like how an Aboriginal born in America will have that connection to Aus. Also Rob said hes Kiwi, please watch

Would be an interesting fight, definitely would be on the feet as neither guy has the wrestling to take the other guy down. I could see Mousasi out jabbing Whittaker in a slow fight and get a decision but I can also see Whittaker using his speed and frustrating Mousasi. Too bad it won't happen
Mousasi's judo trips are not bad.

Whittaker wrecks Moose bad.

Moose is alright, but let's not forget he got sonned by Jacare with complete ease and could barely land anything on Machida.

Whittaker is just a few steps above. Moose wouldn't get the takedown and he isn't as good on the feet.

Moose just looks good at the moment because he's on a streak, but seriously, that streak ain't that amazing. Thales, Santos and washed up belfort? Hall ain't that good a fighter, the Weidman one was iffy and the last two are in the b-leagues, where the competition just isn't as good at MW.

Simple minded watchers can't see further than mma math . When you don't understand basics of MMA you can't compare styles . In match up of 2 league MW champs Mousasi would be favorite that's obvious .

Moose is alright, but let's not forget he got sonned by Jacare with complete ease and could barely land anything on Machida.

Whittaker is just a few steps above. Moose wouldn't get the takedown and he isn't as good on the feet.

Moose just looks good at the moment because he's on a streak, but seriously, that streak ain't that amazing. Thales, Santos and washed up belfort? Hall ain't that good a fighter, the Weidman one was iffy and the last two are in the b-leagues, where the competition just isn't as good at MW.

Are you suggesting he wouldn't also wreck current Jacare, Brunson and Natal?

It would be a great fight, shame we won't get to see it but I would personally favour Mousasi. I don't see where Whittaker has a clear advantage

It would be a great fight, shame we won't get to see it but I would personally favour Mousasi. I don't see where Whittaker has a clear advantage

What do you mean? Moose already fought Jacare. Moose got dominated everywhere. I'd favor him against Natal but maybe not Brunson at this point.

And yeah, it would be a great fight. Whittaker is way sharper on the feet than Moose. Moose is no slouch, but he gets sloppy quick. Whittaker is elite.

Moose would do some serious damage if he could keep Whittaker down, but Romero and Jacare are far, far better grapplers than Moose, and Jacare couldn't do anything and Romero did even less while Whittaker had an injured leg. I don't see Moose being able to get it to the ground.

Mousasi scoffed at the idea of whittaker being a good fighter, said he was second easiest fighter at middleweight behind bisping.

Meanwhile mousasi gets relegated to the B league. Last time i checked uriah and jacare both stopped mousasi and they couldnt touch whittaker.

Styles make fights and its a good one. But could you imagine the slaughter it would be if mousasi fought romero?
that makes no sense
mma math doesnt work.

The Uriah loss was a fluke and Mousasi TKO'd him in the next fight. It was a fluke because from memory Uriah through a body kick aimed at the body, but lukily for him Mousasi was shooting for a takedown, you know this wasnt meant to be a head kick KO because it's not like Uriah made this read. A loss doesnt diminish your skill set.

That loss to Jacare was 4 years ago, or 10 fights ago for Mousasi. Mousasi just simply got caught. It's not a big deal, doesnt mean he isnt elite of the elites.

Also you do realise the guy has had 52 MMA fights across Pride, UFC, Strikefore, Dream at 32?!!

Mousasi's fighting and tactical abilities are definitely worth a title shot. He is very underrated

Simple minded watchers can't see further than mma math . When you don't understand basics of MMA you can't compare styles . In match up of 2 league MW champs Mousasi would be favorite that's obvious .
Why is that obvious??? Jacare controlled Moose in the 1st fight before a fricken lucky *Up Kick*, got schooled 2nd time round and got KO'd against Uriah. These are 2 fighters Rob soundly beat.... Also Romero would school Moose, we both know this. Plus Rob is faster, younger, stronger and has that UFC champion mentality. Something Gegard never had, hence the reason he left

So for us simple minded watchers who think Whittaker would be the favorite, can you explain how Mousasi would be instead then? What are you basing Moose on if not his performance against previous and similar opponents to Whittaker?

If you're looking at just styles, Whittaker is way less sloppy and more creative than Moose. Moose has some nice hands (awesome jab game) but starts to brawl quick. Moose has great grappling but Whittaker has amazing TDD to counter it.

I'd favor Whittaker just based on that.

Moose has shown bad fight IQ (machida, King Mo) while Whittaker has shown the complete opposite.

I'd pick bobby knucks to outwork him for a UD. Would be a competitive, exciting scrap probably though. It's a shame we'll never get to see it.

that makes no sense
mma math doesnt work.

The Uriah loss was a fluke and Mousasi TKO'd him in the next fight. It was a fluke because from memory Uriah through a body kick aimed at the body, but lukily for him Mousasi was shooting for a takedown, you know this wasnt meant to be a head kick KO because it's not like Uriah made this read. A loss doesnt diminish your skill set.

That loss to Jacare was 4 years ago, or 10 fights ago for Mousasi. Mousasi just simply got caught. It's not a big deal, doesnt mean he isnt elite of the elites.

Also you do realise the guy has had 52 MMA fights across Pride, UFC, Strikefore, Dream at 32?!!

Mousasi's fighting and tactical abilities are definitely worth a title shot. He is very underrated
Moose would never have or ever be the UFC champion. He just didnt have that extra X-Factor like Rob. Sure Moose won Pride, Bellator, Dream titles etc but even combined they pale in comparison to the elusive UFC title.

Its funny how you Moose fans are happy to say that Uriahs KO was a fluke, as it showed in there rematch. Yet you dismiss the upkick ffs on Jacare and then Jacare dominating Moose in the rematch

Since when is Mousasi a better striker than Whittaker. and he has no cardio to keep up with whittaker in the championship round. Mousasi would not be able to take down Whittaker, just like he dopes when he face striker., if he was so dam elite, he wouldn't be taking down all the striker he faced..
What? You think using takedowns against strikers is a knock against him? That's how the best fight.. They take away their opponents strengths.

And he has always had better striking Tha in Whittaker..

Hope this helps.

So for us simple minded watchers who think Whittaker would be the favorite, can you explain how Mousasi would be instead then? What are you basing Moose on if not his performance against previous and similar opponents to Whittaker?

If you're looking at just styles, Whittaker is way less sloppy and more creative than Moose. Moose has some nice hands (awesome jab game) but starts to brawl quick. Moose has great grappling but Whittaker has amazing TDD to counter it.

I'd favor Whittaker just based on that.

Moose has shown bad fight IQ (machida, King Mo) while Whittaker has shown the complete opposite.

I don't know shoud we talk further because i find inteligence as a best weapon in his whole fighting career ( Not only MMA) You can't come out dry from water without brains . ( Both King Mo and Machida btw got caught on juice after and still Gegard could handle them) . Now someone should say about illusions

Mousasi could barely land anything on Machida but landed more strikes than Machida. Weird.

If you have watched Jacare, Mousasi and Machida fight in the last two years it's easy to see who is still getting better and who are regressing (thanks usada)

Rob hits harder, has a great gameplan (fight iq), Robs also faster, fitter and stronger. Moose cant take Rob down, nor hold him there (ask Yoel). It would be a standup battle and Whittaker is the most accurate fighter in the entire UFC roster.

I believe there's no common sense to do math's and dispute because some of you would never consider Mousasi possible UFC champ only if he comes back but still i think Bellator can provide to Mousasi some challenges and he will do wonders .

What? You think using takedowns against strikers is a knock against him? That's how the best fight.. They take away their opponents strengths.

And he has always had better striking Tha in Whittaker..

Hope this helps.
Not since or just before Whittaker has become UFC champion. A feat that Gegard could not even dream of, hence the reason he left lol

Back