Robert Whittaker likely out until 2018 with grade two medial ligament injury

That kunt romero ruined Robert's knee. Pussy ass knee kicks.

His knee was already injured going in. Maybe people should just learn to defend them instead of getting their knees bashed.

Hey- this could be a reason for those kicks to be banned

For what exactly?

If you lift your leg off the ground the impact transfers from the knee joint to the hip, and there is much less impact.

HOWEVER, it usually comes so fast that it's difficult to manage to do it before the attack lands.

I have always thought those kicks are cowardly, and should be banned.

Banned because people refuse to learn to defend them?

Having more weight on the back leg like an MT stance minimizes the effect of that kick but guys worry about the TDs then. Pick your poison.

How many ppvs did Romero visit Whittaker do? Worse than fucking mighty mouse.

They do gsp and hope somehow he wins so they get gsp value whittaker
I don't think anyone is suprised that Whittaker and Romero sold bad, it was not even UFC orginal plan/intention, about 1 day before the fight Amanda Nunes pulled out from her fight, which was the main event.

Maybe they'll do GSP vs Bisping, but if you follow the mma sports media and Social media ?) the Romero vs Bisping beef is definitely sellable, there is a conflict there to build from, there are mutual feelings of dislike between them. That stuff has historically helped to sell PPV's, especially if the both parts are willing to participate in it. For now nothing of that exist between GSP and Bisping. I am not so sure that a GSP return would be so profitable for UFC when it comes to PPV sells in america, especially if he is about to face guys like Bisping or Maia/Woodley?

His knee was already injured going in. Maybe people should just learn to defend them instead of getting their knees bashed.

For what exactly?
For the same reason eye gouges, and blows to the spine are illegal.
Or the same reason why pulling hair and shots to the nuts are off limits...take your pick.

While we're at it that mouth smother shit needs to go as well.

Bisping with that English voodoo
eahCqNL.gif

Bisping/Romero definitely wouldn't be my choice. The flag feud does little for me. And if Romero wins, it sets up a Whittaker/Romero rematch, which I don't wanna see.

So, I'd prefer Bisping fight the Gastelum/Weidman winner. Yeah, I know Weidman is coming off lots of losses, but there just aren't that many options. Besides, Mousasi is gone, and I explained above why I don't want Romero getting the shot, in addition to him coming off a loss. Plus let's not forget that Weidman was winning all 3 of those fights he lost.

The obvious thing you'd expect the UFC to do is re-book Bisping/GSP. But Dana seems like he doesn't wanna do that right now.

Bisping/Rockhold rubber match is another option, but it'll have been 2 years since Rockhold has won a fight, which is pretty bad.

Alternatively, there's the Bisping/Woodley feud. If Woodley beats Maia, he doesn't have an obvious next WW contender. So they could book a champ vs champ superfight for MSG. Edit: This is definitely my favorite option, so I'm bolding and underlining it.

For the same reason eye gouges, and blows to the spine are illegal.
Or the same reason why pulling hair and shots to the nuts are off limits...take your pick.

While we're at it that mouth smother shit needs to go as well.

Eye gouges and blows to the spine can cause irreparable damage and retire people. In 20+ years of MMA, who has been retired or even just seriously injured from an oblique kick???

12-6 elbows are illegal because of AC officials back in the day seeing people break ice with that shit. Should that rule stand?

80402d12190a6f7b60c74fa0c22ca12c--karate-do-karate-girl.jpg

One FC just recent banned soccer kicks to a grounded opponent, even though their research showed that there weren't any additional concussive forces in comparison to a standing head kick. Perception, money and sponsorships overruled sport and took a great part of their ruleset away.

“If you look at studies that were done on soccer kicks, it’s the same as a normal head kick because you cannot generate more pivotal force,” Sityodtong pointed. “It’s more of a perception thing. No one has been injured and no one has been in any serious situation from a soccer kick.”

http://www.rappler.com/sports/by-sport/other-sports/142909-one-bans-use-soccer-kicks

Same shit with oblique kicks...they "look" scary but nobody has been retired by one, much less seriously injured.

Who has even been taken out over a year from this kick??? Before anyone brings up Rampage, keep in mind he has complained about a lot of things over the years.

Keep in mind this guy fought in only 5 months after this happened and nothing near this intensity happened to Whittaker that I can remember:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

It's ridiculous that there are people who will question the legitimacy of Bisping's belt on one hand and then, on the other, want the 'Roider of God to fight for the belt coming off a loss. OFF A LOSS ffs!! :rolleyes:

Bisping can wait for the true interim champ to regain his fitness and fight GSP in the meantime. No problem :)

It's ridiculous that there are people who will question the legitimacy of Bisping's belt on one hand and then, on the other, want the 'Roider of God to fight for the belt coming off a loss. OFF A LOSS ffs!! :rolleyes:

Bisping can wait for the true interim champ to regain his fitness and fight GSP in the meantime. No problem :)

I'm not even a Bisping supporter but your post shows the hypocrisy of a lot of people on here.

Lol,MW went from most interesting division to huge clusterfuck.Number 1 is ducking everyone,interim belts,injuries,contender going to other promotion...UFC did its best to screw MW.

I'm waiting patiently for this brief period of Euro success in MMA to end.

It's completely fucked up three divisions.

That fucking knee stomp. No can defend. Lift your leg, too much force on the stomp. Move laterally, take away punching power. Move forward and take it, you'll likely be able to still win but face a 1-year to eternal rehab.

Hate to break it to y'all but Bisping beats Romero

Back