Robert Whittaker likely out until 2018 with grade two medial ligament injury

INoHespectChael

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
The report also states that Whittaker is “likely” to be sidelined until 2018 to overcome an array of “niggling injuries,” but the newly crowned champion did not give a specific time frame when asked.

With Romero now courting a date with UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping despite his loss to Whittaker, the 26-year-old insisted that he would not be worried if Bisping looked to fight someone else while his injuries heal up.

“No, not at all,’’ he said. “I’ve never worried about what other fighters do and that’s served me well in the past.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/7/...edial-ligament-injury-to-left-knee-at-ufc-213

michael-bisping-ufc-204-open-workouts-01.jpg

Bisping must have sold his soul to the devil Dana White or something. First Bisping gets KO'd by Silva but ends up winning the fight, KOs Rockhold on 2 weeks notice, defends the belt and "beats" Hendo in his hometown, then Romero loses to Whittaker in the last few minutes of the fight and Whittaker ends up being injured and unable to fight him. Only thing that beats that would have been a double KO or they both pop for steroids.

Now he's probably going to get the pointless GSP fight after all but we know the fight everybody actually wants to see. If Bisping defending the belt against GSP while Whittaker is the interim champ is fine then Bisping defending against Romero should fine as well. I'm sure GSP would love to fight Romero or Whittaker anyways.

Last edited:
So now who's gonna fight for the interim interim belt??

Weidmann vs Kelvin will now fight for who gets to face Robert for the interim and then THAT winner eventually faces Michael...right? Not confusing at all

ok, can't we just slide in romero and that's it?

bisping gsp................... fuck

Usually this happens once someone gets the real belt.

Not sure if Bisping's belt is more real than Robert's though.

"The bastard kicked it and sent it back years."

Shit news, it's just getting worse and worse for the UFC.

What a shame... hope he recovers well. War Whittaker!

No way. This dude was so close

Yoel vs Rockhold for the interim interim MW championship

Make Romero x Bisping
Couldn't care less if it was for the title or not. I just want to see Romero destroy him.

I know he lost but just give us the fight we all want. Gay Jesus vs Bisping.

Back