Robert Garcia "The Whole Promotion Was Against Us"

Some of the things mentioned seem bias towards Broner. Which would occur often for more favorable boxers.

The early wake up and PR is poor scheduling on both sides.

Honestly, that's what you get when you have scumbags like Ellerbe and Arum as 2 of the biggest promoters in the game. They do shit at a Double A level when a guy like Mikey deserves MLB All Star treatment. He's not MVP level but he deserves to be treated at almost that level.

If a non scumbag, heavy hitter with deep pockers came into the game he could run boxing easily.

It's his job to protect his fighter.

If you don't want him doing local nothing radio interviews at 7 am then tell him to stay in bed and tell the promotion guys to fuck off. If you want him to eat breakfast before a press day go get him his damn breakfast. If you don't want him waiting outside for an hour for the car then leave him in the hotel with his breakfast while you wait the fuck outside and call him when the car shows up. If you want tickets and special passes maybe get them your damn self ahead of time instead of having your fighter trying to make calls and get them the day of the fight. Handlers should be handling shit, not crying about it after the fact. It doesn't make a damn bit of difference if they plan to treat him like a star or like a shit opponent, you have to treat him like a star YOURSELF and be the buffer between him and stupid shit. How is this complicated?

I like Robert Garcia but he's been whining a lot lately, Mikey is his brother but to my understanding Mikey's only commitment is fighting on Showtime, he has no promoter yet therefore no one to invest in him, either start their own promotions or sign to a fucking promoter.

This happened to a teammate of mine and eventually led to me to not wanting to fight professionally. This kind of shit happens ALL THE TIME and it does effect you.

eh, like it or not, Broner was the name opponent going into that fight. The bigger star usually fucks with the lesser known guys.

I like Robert Garcia but he's been whining a lot lately, Mikey is his brother but to my understanding Mikey's only commitment is fighting on Showtime, he has no promoter yet therefore no one to invest in him, either start their own promotions or sign to a fucking promoter.

I was hoping they'd get with Shaefer. Richard knows what he's doing, and Mikey is the kind of guy that could jumpstart his stable.

Honestly, that's what you get when you have scumbags like Ellerbe and Arum as 2 of the biggest promoters in the game. They do shit at a Double A level when a guy like Mikey deserves MLB All Star treatment. He's not MVP level but he deserves to be treated at almost that level.

If a non scumbag, heavy hitter with deep pockers came into the game he could run boxing easily.
Dana tried , it's not that easy

Boxing is a sport that thrives in grass roots support , local stars and fights that fans want to see

I can't say enough how Eddie Hearn put boxing on a second gear in the U.K.

Truth , they want free investment yet no value in return.

But they could've maybe had a pr team make them feel vp to open up some mutually beneficial relationship

Dana tried , it's not that easy

Boxing is a sport that thrives in grass roots support , local stars and fights that fans want to see

I can't say enough how Eddie Hearn put boxing on a second gear in the U.K.

I hear you, I really do. The thing is they need to have 1 belt for every weight class. It's the only way to get casuals into it. It let's everyone know who the champ is and it also creates real world title fights.

Country/region/world would be ideal.

That or give the 'real' champ of the weight class a ring or whatever other ceremonial item to legitimise their status.

Back