Robert Drysdale returns in April Wsof-GC 3 China

Good to see him back in action, wonder who the opponent is.

You guys picked up Drysdale, Miles? That's a solid acquisition, controversy aside.

Given his history of drug test failures I can't get too excited about him competing

It's Asia guys. If you wanna come out here and set up a commission to do drug testing, by all means do so. Until then, guys are probably gonna use PEDs here and there. I'd rather watch Drysdale and his opponent fight on PEDs than neither fight due to testing that rarely is effective.

It's Asia guys. If you wanna come out here and set up a commission to do drug testing, by all means do so. Until then, guys are probably gonna use PEDs here and there. I'd rather watch Drysdale and his opponent fight on PEDs than neither fight due to testing that rarely is effective.
That's kind of a shitty stance to take, but I understand.

meh. Im guessing they wont drug test him or something

Anyone know it there will be a way to watch?

That's kind of a shitty stance to take, but I understand.

It's just a realistic one. I know we like to pretend people aren't finding ways around testing... but they are. Quite frankly I'd like my guys healthy if I can't assure they're always clean. If we could get a commission established in places like China/Japan/Russia I'd welcome it. But until it's a realistic option.... let's not play pretend with the reality of the sport's athletes.

It's just a realistic one. I know we like to pretend people aren't finding ways around testing... but they are. Quite frankly I'd like my guys healthy if I can't assure they're always clean. If we could get a commission established in places like China/Japan/Russia I'd welcome it. But until it's a realistic option.... let's not play pretend with the reality of the sport's athletes.
That's why I said I understand lol doesn't make it any less shitty of a stance though... We can agree to disagree

Before the main event, WSOF-GC commentator Robert Drysdale (6-0) announced that he would be headlining WSOF-GC 3 China in late April with a main event World Light Heavyweight Title fight. This will mark Drysdale’s return to action after nearly a two-year layoff. Drysdale said, “I’ve been training hard and in the gym every day. It’s wonderful to have the opportunity to fight for WSOF Global. I hope I can bring the belt back here to Japan and defend it for all of the great fans that have showed us all so much support here.”

Just don't like cheaters. They're frauds and don't deserve anything good for it
I'm not trying to rag on you... but to be clear... you don't like cheaters that get caught. You likely cheer for a few cheaters just because you don't have overwhelming proof. That's a fair enough stance, but it's not the cheating itself that bothers you. For you it's that they couldn't be bothered to do a good enough job to not be caught.

And regarding Drysdale, specifically his second test, my understanding of the issue is that it was HGH related. Something that was okay for a time, and then was switched. The UFC was aware of his usage prior to his being "caught"

I'm not trying to rag on you... but to be clear... you don't like cheaters that get caught. You likely cheer for a few cheaters just because you don't have overwhelming proof. That's a fair enough stance, but it's not the cheating itself that bothers you. For you it's that they couldn't be bothered to do a good enough job to not be caught.

And regarding Drysdale, specifically his second test, my understanding of the issue is that it was HGH related. Something that was okay for a time, and then was switched. The UFC was aware of his usage prior to his being "caught"
It was a TRT issue if I remember correctly. HGH has never been okay.

I simply have no respect for a cheater. If someone hasn't gotten caught I have no reason to believe they're a cheater. Everyone is innocent until proven guilty in my eyes.

Two failed drug tests for the same issue in that short of a timespan is laughable. There's no need to defend his past actions. As far as being "caught" goes he got suspended, cut, and the fight overturned for a reason.

It's his first fight back. I understand you're involved with the promotion, and I hope that it's very successful but you have to expect to hear some shit from people when shitty behavior is disregarded and rewarded with a random title fight.

Who cares?

Robert Drysdale is completely irrelevant in MMA. I don't say this because of his PED use; I in no way care about that. My point is that he's 35 years old and he only has 7 professional bouts. He's never going to crack the Top 20, let alone Top 10. He needs to go back to focusing on his gym so that he doesn't neglect his students. He needs to focus on producing future elite MMA and BJJ players, not trying to be one.

Back