Robbie vs Askren : Quick thoughts

I don't think his defense was that good against Hendricks . He struggled to get off the fence. Macdonald isn't really a good wrestler and neither is ellenberger. They don't chain wrestle like the DCs and Askrens of the world.

They are good, just not as great as Ben.

But Ben does not have a threat of striking as these guys.

Has he even faced someone with mean striking as Robbie?

Did Kos even go for takedowns? I don’t remember this fight at all.

But other than a few against A Johnson and Paul Daley I don’t remember many after he beat Diego standing. The ultimate wrestler who fell in love with his right hand

Yes, a lot.

They are good, just not as great as Ben.

But Ben does not have a threat of striking as these guys.

Has he even faced someone with mean striking as Robbie?
Lima is up there. Lima has torched some UFC caliber fighters including larkin .

But those same guys dont have even close to the wrestling/grappling skill Askren does. I haven't seen Robbie fight a half decent chain wrestler. All hendricks would do is shoot doubles and use an underhook to pin him against the fence which Robbie couldn't break. You need elite wrist control to defend Askren not just some sprawl which he'd probably counter anyways.

Lima is up there. Lima has torched some UFC caliber fighters including larkin .

But those same guys dont have even close to the wrestling/grappling skill Askren does. I haven't seen Robbie fight a half decent chain wrestler. All hendricks would do is shoot doubles and use an underhook to pin him against the fence which Robbie couldn't break. You need elite wrist control to defend Askren not just some sprawl which he'd probably counter anyways.

Threat of a KO is there...

And Hendricks is All American...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Judoka_Noob
Back