Robberies in Kickboxing and Muay Thai

Kanka

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
So i just read that Meksen and Ilunga got robbed hard yesterday... I think these robberies need more exposure, maybe we can do a big discussion about robberies here.

Thoughts on the Meksen and Ilunga robberies?

both robberies,especially the meksen fight

if we tried to count how many mid-high-elite level fights per year we would have a lot of work on our hands lel

There are so many robberies in kickboxing each year, it is kind of depressing.

I think we can categorize them based on main reasons behind robberies.
Glory: incompetent and stupid judges
WLF: rigged WWE style for hometown heroes
K1: a bit of both

etc

Last edited by a moderator:
Who do you guys think is the fighter who got robbed most often in recent memories?

I nominate Massaro Glunder. The poor kid is on the wrong end of so many close decisions and got robbed in every way possible from bullshit DQ to straight up robbery with no extra round.

Ilunga was clearly better than Vahkitov. I don' t understand the judges. There must have been judges with no idea of their job.

Steven Wright said a judge at that Glory event was asking him how he scored in between rounds, and admitted he has only judged MMA. I don't think any of those judges knew what they were doing.

This would explain a lot. But MMA judges should also be able to judge a kickboxing fight. I asked one here in Germany and he said Ilunga clearly won...crazy stuff

This would explain a lot. But MMA judges should also be able to judge a kickboxing fight. I asked one here in Germany and he said Ilunga clearly won...crazy stuff
Should, but most of these guys struggle to properly judge MMA to begin with, let alone a different sport that scores the stand-up aspect a bit differently.

Glory also puts emphasis on "spectacular technique" so they probably rewarded Artem round 3 I think it was where he landed that spinning back fist & spinning back kick he also landed a couple high kicks too which probably won him a round too. I just don't see how Ilunga could lose when he threw more and landed more and was more active through out. Even with the 10 point must scoring Ilunga should've won rnds 1-3 easily with rnds 4&5 being close but I still had him winning 4-1 maybe 3-1-1.

Yes true, we see it same as you do.

BTW: Anissa Meksen also files for protest. Its on her FB site.

Glory also puts emphasis on "spectacular technique" so they probably rewarded Artem round 3 I think it was where he landed that spinning back fist & spinning back kick he also landed a couple high kicks too which probably won him a round too. I just don't see how Ilunga could lose when he threw more and landed more and was more active through out. Even with the 10 point must scoring Ilunga should've won rnds 1-3 easily with rnds 4&5 being close but I still had him winning 4-1 maybe 3-1-1.

All the Marat vs. Sitthichai were so big robberies man. Also Robin vs. Sitthichai where Robin lost was a huge robberie. Rico vs. BAdr also, although Badr stopped in the second rund I think he should have gotten the win.

But seriously, I think the robberies are not thát much in the west. WFL is master robberies. I like Kunlun Fight and Glory, they are fair they can't help the judges make the right decision

A lot of people saying Marat won over Sittichai. Haven't watched the fight yet. What do you think?

Closest fight in their four-fight series. Sittichai is clearly a better tactician, but Marat has flash of dominance in some rounds.

I got it 3-2 Sittichai, but would not have called it a robbery if Marat had won.

Closest fight in their four-fight series. Sittichai is clearly a better tactician, but Marat has flash of dominance in some rounds.

I got it 3-2 Sittichai, but would not have called it a robbery if Marat had won.
Still haven't watched the fight, but it looks like most people agree with the decision, but a few Marat fans think it's a robbery.

Still haven't watched the fight, but it looks like most people agree with the decision, but a few Marat fans think it's a robbery.

People love throwing out "robbery" in any close fight, be it boxing, kickboxing or mma.

A lot of people saying Marat won over Sittichai. Haven't watched the fight yet. What do you think?
Judge for yourself. Sittichai won and most people agree with the decision. People always cry robbery in close fights. Not sure why you asked this question in the robbery thread. Those same marat fans think all the marat fights were robberies.

lol! I will never understand dutch kickboxing fans and experts! they call this last sittchai vs Marat fight a robbery yet this is not one dominant or completely clear round for Marat in the whole 5 round fight.

Last edited:
Judge for yourself. Sittichai won and most people agree with the decision. People always cry robbery in close fights. Not sure why you asked this question in the robbery thread. Those same marat fans think all the marat fights were robberies.

Will watch now and judge for myself of course.

I simply post it here because i trust people here more than i trust some random fans on social media and even over the Glory judges.

Well in my opinion Sittichai won rounds 1,2 4 and 5. Should have been 49-46 UD for Sittichai. The judges scorecards are really illogical and inconsistent.

Beautiful performance by Sittichai. Marat looked a bit desperate and missed a lot of shots.

Back