Rob Font vs. Pedro Munhoz Added to UFC Fight Night Sao Paulo (Poll)

Who Wins?

• Total voters

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

Really good fight. The winner of this one will probably get a shot at a top 10 fighter. Who wins?

That's a good fight. Font def. has the edge standing and on the ground Munhoz has a major advantage.

I think Font takes it by dec. or late T/KO. He'll maintain distance, establish his jab, work the body, limit his kicks, and stay out of scrambles. Not counting out Munhoz, he has tools on the feet, and if you leave your neck out anywhere it's in jeopardy.

Font is the better striker, but Munhoz has a nasty guillotine. Toss up imo but I'm gonna take Font.

YUGE step down in competition for Munhoz considering his ONLY loss in the UFC is a controversial split decision loss to Jimmie Rivera nearly 3 years ago.

Font just got BLASTED by Lineker not too long ago.

UFC black listing Munhoz imo.

<DisgustingHHH>
<DisgustingHHH>
<DisgustingHHH>

Really good fight, but I think Font keeps it standing and gets the decision.

Voted for Font because he trains near me, but I think Munoz is probably a level above him. I hope I'm wrong, though.

Nooo, I like Munhoz. Font by wide decision.

Poll is missing a "who the fook are these guys" option. Didn't vote.

YUGE step down in competition for Munhoz considering his ONLY loss in the UFC is a controversial split decision loss to Jimmie Rivera nearly 3 years ago.

<DisgustingHHH>
<DisgustingHHH>
<DisgustingHHH>
Y'know that Font's loss to Lineker was only a few months after Munhoz's to Rivera - practically no time when most guys are lucky to fight 2-3 times a year at UFC-entry level. And I don't think it's much of a step down considering Munhoz was getting tagged up by Scoggins two fights ago. Also should say that I (and I think many other people) didn't see that loss to Rivera as all that controversial. Close, maybe, but every media outlet had that as at least 29-28 Jimmie.

<DisgustingHHH>
<DisgustingHHH>
<DisgustingHHH>

Actually, you're forgetting his UFC debut loss to Assuncao. Ofc, there's no shame in that with Assuncao being a top 5 BW, esp. on short notice.

Anyways, while he's rebounded well from the Rivera loss he hasn't really notched a win that begs for him to be getting another crack at the top ten just yet. Unfortunately, the Scoggins win isn't one that ages well the more Justin screws up.

The UFC tends to shy away from Brazil/Brazil matchups down there for the most part which eliminates some options for Munhoz on this card. Not many foreign fighters express enthusiasm about fighting in Brazil with the taxing, among other things. So there's even less incentive for the remaining, higher ranked options to take the fight for high risk/low reward.

If he wins this then he likely gets someone like Dodson or Sterling next.

No love for Pedro Munhoz in the poll, I didn't know he was so underrated in here. He's really good. I even thought he beat Rivera. Font is legit though. That's gonna be a nice scrap. I just think that Munhoz should be the favorite in this fight. He has way better wins and the fights he lost were all close, while Font got completely dominated by Lineker.

Font by KO. Too clean, he's gonna style on datch gai!

Going with Font if it stays standing. Could be interesting.

This is a great fight. Big believer in both guys. Think they are both strong bantamweight prospects. Overall though I feel like munhoz will be the one to take this. Either by a submission or decision.

Good scrap, love it.
I'll take Font via close decision.

Back