News RoadFC Now Streaming On DAZN

Bobby Boulders

My Lovin' Is Digi
Platinum Member
Reaction score
First card on November 3.

DAZN is shaping up a nice roster of organizations in a short amount of time. Undoubtedly more to come.

List of organizations on DAZN as of November 1:
Bellator
Combate Americas
KSW
EFC
FNG
RoadFC

the Worldwide MMA Discussion should just be called the DAZN MMA Discussion lol

the Worldwide MMA Discussion should just be called the DAZN MMA Discussion lol
You know, I was thinking recently about how, in a way, DAZN is ensuring that some of these shows stick around. Bellator was in the red, I believe FNG was having some money issues too. DAZN is saving some of these orgs from going under and ensuring there are alternatives to the UFC, at least through the durations of their contracts. They're kinda staking a claim in the MMA landscape, and it is pretty crazy to see.

Before this started and Bellator announced their deal everyone was like, "DAZN, da fuck?!?" In a very short time it has become a hub for fight fans and seems to become stronger and more interesting with each passing week. And there are more regional orgs out there that fit the mold and may potentially sign a DAZN deal, RIZIN, Cage Warriors, ACB, DEEP, Pancrase... With the roster they're building quickly and at $10/month, it is almost stupid not to subscribe.

If this whole things sustains itself, it may end up being a huge turning for this sport. They're definitely changing the game.

Last edited:
The Young Guns (prelims card) and main card will also still be streaming on their YT page.

That’s great news! I hope We get it up North, too

You know, I was thinking recently about how, in a way, DAZN is ensuring that some of these shows stick around. Bellator was in the red, I believe FNG was having some money issues too. DAZN is saving some of these orgs from going under and ensuring there are alternatives to the UFC, at least through the durations of their contracts. They're kinda staking a claim in the MMA landscape, and it is pretty crazy to see.

Before this started and Bellator announced their deal everyone was like, "DAZN, da fuck?!?" In a very short time it has become a hub for fight fans and seems to become stronger and more interesting with each passing week. And there are more regional orgs out there that fit the mold and may potentially sign a DAZN deal, RIZIN, Cage Warriors, ACB, DEEP, Pancrase... With the roster they're building quickly and at $10/month, it is almost stupid not to subscribe.

If this whole things sustains itself, it may end up being a huge turning for this sport. They're definitely changing the game.
Pancrase and Cage Warriors are already on Fightpass.

With DAZN do they have a libary where you can watch older events or is only a live stream?

Dazn going all in on combat sports in America, which is what I thought they do.

Question is............is there enough combat sport fans that are willing to pay for the service and is that enough to keep DAZN doing business in the US?

I really don't know the answer. Combat sport fans are usually a younger crowd and have grown up in a part of time that with technology they aren't use to paying for much of there media.

They are throwing a ton of money around on the boxing side but that can be made up world wide with there platform. So hopefully that is enough to keep it all going in the US. Because if you aren't a big fan of combat sports, Dazn in America is worthless to you.

Dazn going all in on combat sports in America, which is what I thought they do.

Question is............is there enough combat sport fans that are willing to pay for the service and is that enough to keep DAZN doing business in the US?

I really don't know the answer. Combat sport fans are usually a younger crowd and have grown up in a part of time that with technology they aren't use to paying for much of there media.

They are throwing a ton of money around on the boxing side but that can be made up world wide with there platform. So hopefully that is enough to keep it all going in the US. Because if you aren't a big fan of combat sports, Dazn in America is worthless to you.
The Golden Boy/Canelo deal should be enough to get a number of American subscribers by itself. That's a 10 fight deal for Canelo. At this point, Canelo is probably the main draw they have.

I believe they will still be free on YouTube outside of the US. Bummer that it's no longer free in the US but hopefully it will help bring more attention to them

I believe they will still be free on YouTube outside of the US. Bummer that it's no longer free in the US but hopefully it will help bring more attention to them
I think it will still be streamed in U.S. via YouTube. The article on Road’s site hasn’t mentioned YT no longer being available.

I think it will still be streamed in U.S. via YouTube. The article on Road’s site hasn’t mentioned YT no longer being available.

ROAD quote tweeted it so I think it's accurate

ROAD quote tweeted it so I think it's accurate

Interesting. The stream starts at 6am est, which lines up with the main card’s usual start time. Hopefully the Young Guns portion is still on YT in the U.S.

DJ said that ONE will have a North American broadcast announced soon so it’s gotta be DAZN

DJ said that ONE will have a North American broadcast announced soon so it’s gotta be DAZN
ONE is the lone org that I've been hesitant to throw in with the others, as far as a potential DAZN deal. But thinking about ROAD and how they streamed their own events on YouTube and FNG being on Fight Pass and both still getting deals, I guess it is a very likely scenario. I can't pinpoint a broadcast network in the States that would think a deal with ONE would be beneficial, but with DAZN it makes a lot of sense.

The Golden Boy/Canelo deal should be enough to get a number of American subscribers by itself. That's a 10 fight deal for Canelo. At this point, Canelo is probably the main draw they have.

We can hope.

But when your handing out 365 million over 11 fights (probably 5 years or so) for Canelo and 10 events a year from Golden Boy(I'm not sure if that is part of the 365 million or seperate), 100 million wrapped up in Bellator over 3 years, 1 billion dollar deal with Matchroom boxing, and then a lot of other smaller deals. I know a few years back they signed like a 2 billion dollar deal for Japan's J League. I'm sure the rights they have to the NFL, NHL, MLB, and NBA in other countries didn't come cheap either.

Sure, its all supported worldwide but they have to be somewhere around 300 to 500 million a year around the globe in media rights yearly. At 300 million a year for media rights and avg cost of 10 a month they would need at least 40 million subscribers to even have shot in hell of making one cent when you figure in overhead cost. Streaming 8000 events a year cost some major bucks for that bandwidth. Netflix has around 135 million subscribers worldwide(59 million of them in the US). I think DAZN to continue down a path of really being the "netflix" for sports they have to hit a good 75 million subscribers in the next 5 years world wide. Right now it's mainly being supported by investors.

Should be interesting to watch and I for one hope it works out.

P.S.: If they could somehow snake away NFL rights in the US that alone would probably guarantee them worldwide success as somewhere around 65 to 80 million people a week watch the NFL games in the US. I would think a good 50 million would instantly sign up in the US. But good luck competing with networks for that. There is a lot of you rub my back I'll rub yours in that world that goes beyond just broadcasting the game.

so I got to get dazn to watch fujita and Choi mu bae old ass

Back