ROAD FC to have TOURNAMENT in 2016. Winner gets $ 1,000,000 purse. (edited)

Hufusopem

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
XIAOMI ROAD FC 2016 연간 계획이 발표됐다.

XIAOMI ROAD FC는 지난 해 12월 26일 열린 'XIAOMI ROAD FC 027 IN CHINA'를 시작으로 중국 진출의 첫 신호탄을 쏘아 올렸다. CCTV에서 생중계 됐던 XIAOMI ROAD FC 027 대회는 중국 내에 전체 5위에 해당할 정도로 높은 시청률을 기록했다.

성공리에 중국대회를 마친 XIAOMI ROAD FC는 본격적으로 2016년에 중국에서의 대회 개최를 확대하고, '글로벌 ROAD FC'를 본격화하겠다는 입장이다. 2016년은 중국 5회, 한국 4회, 일본 1회로 총 10회 대회를 예정하고 있다. 하지만 상황에 따라, 하반기부터는 2주에 한번 꼴로 대회를 개최, 연간 20회의 대회가 열릴 수도 있다.

2016년의 주요 대회는 다음과 같다.

-최홍만을 포함한 무제한급 토너먼트 4강전, 그리고 결승전

-'의리파이터' 김보성 데뷔전 (3월 혹은 5월)

-'개그맨 파이터' 윤형빈 2연승 도전 (7월 또는 9월)

-데뷔를 기다리는 최고의 기량과 스타성을 겸비한 여성 엘리트 체육인이 여러 명 준비되어있다. '우먼스데이' 개최

-ROAD FC 10억 토너먼트 개최. 전세계 최고의 강자들이 모여들게 할 대망의 상금 10억 토너먼트, 단일 체급, 세계 최고의 상금을 걸고 진행한다.

--------------

Translated/Edited portion of ROAD FC press release for 2016.

ROAD FC will have an Tournament in 2016 with elite fighters from international organizations active around the globe participating. The strongest fighter will go home with a $1,000,000 purse, the biggest tournament purse in the world.

10억 = 1 billion won = $839,780 usd

**EDIT: More information coming out the tournament will be for lower weights with a cut off weight.

-------

REFERENCE- http://sports.media.daum.net/sports/general/newsview?newsId=20160105085842116

Last edited:
uhhhhh where is the money coming from.....that China expansion must be good

Nice, another international GP. Wow, that is a big money tournament. Nearly any fighter will want to be a part of this. I wonder if this will be an 8 or 16 man tournament and how many events it will cover.

Is there any evidence that Road FC has started paying their champions 100k? They made a huge deal about it and it seems great, but I just want to know if it happened.

Wow 1 mill for winner? Hopefully some good fighters sign up. Fedor, Sergei, Huggy Bear, Kongo, Baruto, Minakov, McSweeney, Graham. I don't know I ran out of names near the end obviously but mix it up with some interesting guys. If they're smart about it they can try and make something near as good as Strikeforce's HW tournament.

Is there any evidence that Road FC has started paying their champions 100k? They made a huge deal about it and it seems great, but I just want to know if it happened.

I think I remember that. Not sure if that was ever confirmed.

$1M is a lot of money for this GP. Wonder how they are funding this.

Why do I feel like this is a Dream situation all over again in regards to fighter pay? That Chinese expansion must of been nuts.

Hmmm..., Wand, Crop Cop... Add them to the list if they are out of contract by then .... Ubereem must see this as a possibility... Maybe even Couture. Who else?

I wonder what the winner of the current Openweight tournament they have going on will win (at least the way I understand it this prize money is for a separate tournament). Hopefully the winner earns a spot in the Grand Prix (should be either Mighty Mo or Hyun Man Myung that wins the current tournament).

Regarding the money, they have deals in place with a number of the largest businesses in Korea and China, idk about $1 million prize level of money but I'm sure they have quite a bit to throw around. This is why Bellator is striking up a relationship with them.

image_readtop_2016_1591_14517040102302341.jpg

apparently have made a deal with bellator as well

Do you have a source for this? I can't find anything on RoadFC's website, their facebook or on Mfight....

I hope it's real though, that sounds awesome.

I wonder what the winner of the current Openweight tournament they have going on will win (at least the way I understand it this prize money is for a separate tournament). Hopefully the winner earns a spot in the Grand Prix (should be either Mighty Mo or Hyun Man Myung that wins the current tournament).

Regarding the money, they have deals in place with a number of the largest businesses in Korea and China, idk about $1 million prize level of money but I'm sure they have quite a bit to throw around. This is why Bellator is striking up a relationship with them.

Good info. Just not sure about the $1M figure.

Do you have a source for this? I can't find anything on RoadFC's website, their facebook or on Mfight....

I hope it's real though, that sounds awesome.

Road FC press release. I found info but not $1M figure yet. A link is need in OP for that.

1M United States dollars? Please provide a sauce. I'd love to believe it but dam, that's a lot of fucking dough. Even more so when you realize that this is road fc. Not even the UFC has had a disclosed payout that high.

Are these Asian orgs for shitting money? Rizin is is throwing around money, and road wants to give Henderson 200k and then a grande prize of 1m.

Bellator is wise to partner with both of them! Huge power plays are being made in mma

If this is true, then it is fantastic.

It is exactly the Nihonroad Openweight Tournament of Death that I had in my signature from around 2010-2014.

Wow, Road promised some big moves in 2016.

Fascinating to see if between them, Road and ONE can make MMA a big thing in China. If they can, then this money will be the tip of the iceberg.

It's also very interesting to see all these ambitious promotions, the likes of Bellator, Rizin and Road, combine together into some kind of MMA cartel opposite the UFC. An intriguing and compelling year on the horizon.

Back