ROAD FC 40: Mighty Mo vs Dong Guk Kang Openweight Title Fight + Opening Round of Lightweight Tourney

Just announced
040%2B%25EB%25A7%2588%25EC%259D%25B4%25ED%258B%25B0%2B%25EB%25AA%25A8%2BVS%2B%25EA%25B0%2595%25EB%258F%2599%25EA%25B5%25AD%2B1000.jpg

Pretty random title fight, Kang hasn't fought since dropping a close decision in his debut against Jeff Monson 5 years ago. He's a former national wrestling champ and trains out of Team MAX.

Mighty Mo is the current Openweight champion and has been delivering some brutal knockouts lately.

Previously announced was former Middleweight champion Riki Fukuda vs Team Fighter's b-boy Hoon Kim. They were originally booked for ROAD FC 32 but Fukuda pulled out with an eye injury. This will be the 8th straight Korean that Fukuda has fought since being released from the UFC. Kim has a pretty crappy record but he handed a young Robert Whittaker his first career loss and took UFC vet Luis Ramos to a draw in his 2nd most recent showing.
showImage.php

Main card
Openweight Title Fight
Mighty Mo (champion) vs Dong Kuk Kang (challenger)

Lightweight Tournament Opening Round bouts:
Shinji Sasaki vs Khuukhenkhuu Amartuvshin
Tom Santos vs TBD
Shamil Zavurov vs Leo Kuntz
Kota Shimoishi vs Dae Sung Park
Chang Hyun Kim vs Mansour Barnaoui
Munguntsooj Nanin-Erdene vs Gleristone Santos
Ronys Torres vs Elnur Agaev
Reydon Romero vs TBD

Middleweight bout
Riki Fukuda vs Hoon Kim

Flyweight bout
Raika Emiko vs Hae In Kim
sm%2BROAD%2BTO%2BA-SOL%2B16%2Bopen%2B.jpg

I don't know what the hell is an open weight championship fight,

But I hope sure hope they get rid of the maximum weight limit in the Heavyweights and combine Open weight with it.

always love tournaments
Shame it's not a one nighter :(

Tournament participant Mansour Barnaoui

Doo Je Jung vs Alexander Merezhko and Hae Jin Park vs Hyung Seok Lee set as tournament alternate bouts.

Yui Chul Nam gets a 2nd chance at Tom Santos due to Rafael Fiziev pulling out with a broken hand. Reydon Romero vs Yincang Bao is the other final opening round bout.

Doo Je Jung is a Korean MMA OG, got into the sport with no previous martial arts experience which led to a lopsided record. I'm almost positive he has some missing bouts on his record from the Gimme 5 days though. Merezhko has 2 wins over MFP trials winner Elnur Agaev so he's a strong alternate.

Hae Jin Park won a previous alternate bout against Young Seung Cho who was one of ROAD's top BW prospects returning from military duty. Still a solid win even though Cho was moving up 2 weight classes and took the fight on short notice. His only loss was 6 years ago in his debut. Hyung Seok Lee lost to Gleristone Santos in the international trials but is getting another chance, probably due to him being in ROAD since the beginning of the promotion.

Yui Chul Nam dominated the first round against Santos in their first fight but Santos started landing big in the 2nd and got the finish. It was a weird fight for Nam, he didn't attempt to fight his usual aggressive pressure and clinch style at all, instead trying to pick his strikes from the outside. One of the best case scenarios for ROAD is Nam coming back to win the tournament setting up the long awaited fight against A Sol Kwon.

Reydon Romero is a former BW and FW champ in URCC and won the URCC trials to earn his spot in the tournament. Yincang Bao was a late replacement in the China trials but scored a dominant finish at last week's ROAD FC 39 to enter as one of the Chinese MMA representatives. He trains out of Xi'an Sports University which has long been one of China's top teams (currently home of Aorigele, Kunlun Fight Flyweight champ Meixuan Zhang, and recent UFC signee Guan Wang with many other fighters having come up through them).

Last edited:
not surprised to see nam get another shot at the tournament, and i'm fine with it.

Event Poster and full details announced, including start times.
sm%2BROAD%2BFC%2B040.jpg

ROAD FC 040 full card open

ROAD Fighting Championship announces the full card for Xiaomi ROAD FC 040 on July 15, 2017 in the Jangchung Arena in Seoul, South Korea. This mammoth 14-fight card will be a special daytime event beginning at 13:00 Korea Standard Time.

Openweight Championship

The Main Event for Xiaomi ROAD FC 040 will be Openweight Champion Mighty Mo making his second title defense against Kang Dong-Kook in what is sure to give the fans of hard-hitting heavies a match worth remembering.

$1 Million Tournament Opening Round

Shinji Sasaki vs Amartuvshin Khuukhenkhuu: Former Shooto Champ Sasaki is a grappler with KO power, and former MGL-1 Champ Khuukhenkhuu is a judoka and sambo fighter, so the tone of this match is very unpredictable.

Tom Santos vs Nam Yui-Chul: Dragonfight Champ Santos made a huge entrance when he KOed former ROAD FC Champ Nam Yui-Chul in their International Trials bout, but since final seed Rafael Fiziev broke his hand, Nam gets a chance to avenge his loss and his reputation.

Ronys Torres vs Elnur Agaev: Shooto Brasil Champ Torres likes to show off his superb technique to get a finish, and MFP warhorse and Russia Trials winner Agaev uses his grinding strength for the same, so this will definitely be an interesting style versus style bout.

Shimoishi Kota vs Park Dae-Sung: Former DEEP title challenger and Japan Trials winner Shimoishi is at the top of his career while hot prospect Park is just coming into his, and both are facing the most important fight of their lives.

Nandin-Erdene vs Toninho Furia: Hard-hitting Mongolian National Boxing champ Nandin-Erdene and creative Bitetti Combat Champ Toninho Furia are sure to deliver a match of unbelievable striking.

Kim Chang-Hyun vs Mansour Barnaoui: Representing opposite timelines, wizened veteran Kim and young world-wide prospect former M-1 and BAMMA Champ Barnaoui are both exceptional grapplers who will impress with their technique.

Shamil Zavurov vs Leo Kuntz: Former M-1 Champ Zavurov is technical and tough whereas former Impact FC Champ Kuntz is an unorthodox finisher; both men are both well-rounded fighters that will deliver an exceptional match.

Red Romero vs Baoyincang: Former URCC Champion and SEA Trials winner Romero and China National Sanda Champ Baoyincang are two of the region's most unsung heroes who finally have a chance to prove their worth in an international Tournament of epic proportions.

Xiaomi ROAD FC 040 Part 1

Riki Fukuda versus Kim Hoon will finally meet in a clash of opposite styles. Champion boxer Raika Emiko will take on champion Taekwondo fighter Kim Hae-In in a Women's flyweight bout. Two Tournament Reserve matches will take place: Jung Doo-Jae vs Alexander Merezhko and Lee Hyung-Seok vs Park Hae-Jin. Opening the card will be a middleweight match between Lim Dong-Hwan and Kim Ji-Hoon.

Xiaomi ROAD Fighting Championship 040
Saturday, July 15, 2017
Jangchung Arena
Seoul, South Korea
12:00 Doors open
13:00 Part 1
15:00 Part 2

13:00 KST Live on MBC Sports+
13:00 KST / 04:00 GMT Live on YouTube internationally
14:00 JST Live on Abema TV in Japan
Broadcast on CCTV in China TBA
Tickets: http://roadfc.com/main/ticket/ticket.php

Part 2

Openweight Championship
Mighty Mo vs Kang Dong-Kook

Lightweight Tournament Opening Round Match
Shinji Sasaki vs Amartuvshin Khuukhenkhuu

Tom Santos vs Nam Yui-Chul

Ronys Torres vs Elnur Agaev

Shimoishi Kota vs Park Dae-Sung

Toninho Furia vs Nandin-Erdene

Kim Chang-Hyun vs Mansour Barnaoui

Shamil Zavurov vs Leo Kuntz

Baoyincang vs Red Romero

Part 1

Middleweight Match
Fukuda Riki vs Kim Hoon

Women's Flyweight Match
Raika Emiko vs Kim Hae-In

Lightweight Tournament Reserve Match
Jung Doo-Jae vs Alexander Merezhko

Lightweight Tournament Reserve Match
Lee Hyung-Seok vs Park Hae-Jin

Middleweight Match
Lim Dong-Hwan vs Kim Ji-Hoon

So who ever wins the tournament gets a title shot, and if he wins the champ, he gets the belt and win that beautiful $1,000,000? And road fc is doing a $1,000,000 tourny, where as ufc tuf 25 is doing a $250,000 tounry :)

So who ever wins the tournament gets a title shot, and if he wins the champ, he gets the belt and win that beautiful $1,000,000? And road fc is doing a $1,000,000 tourny, where as ufc tuf 25 is doing a $250,000 tounry :)
Bingo

I love the production on these videos

So what's in it for A Sol Kwon?
I'm pretty sure a sol kwon gets the $1mill if he wins the tournament winner. It wouldn't be fair for a sol kwon if the winner of the tounry gets the $1mill and then gets a title shot lol. If they was to get the $1mill for winning the tournament, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't give a fuck about the road fc title anymore.

I'm pretty sure a sol kwon gets the $1mill if he wins the tournament winner. It wouldn't be fair for a sol kwon if the winner of the tounry gets the $1mill and then gets a title shot lol. If they was to get the $1mill for winning the tournament, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't give a fuck about the road fc title anymore.
Why wouldn't Road just put Sol Kwon in the tournament? It doesn't seem fair that everyone else has to win a tournament to get a shot at the money. On the other hand, I guess being the champion has its perks.

I believe you are correct that the winner of Kwon vs tournament winner gets the $1million, which is the one thing about this I hate. Dude gets to sit out for a year and study all of his potential opponents, who have to risk injury across multiple fights. I don't think he should be in contention for the money at all.

Why wouldn't Road just put Sol Kwon in the tournament? It doesn't seem fair that everyone else has to win a tournament to get a shot at the money. On the other hand, I guess being the champion has its perks.

Putting a champion into a tournament is suicide for the title.

Because he's the champ and been with road fc for a while now.

I believe you are correct that the winner of Kwon vs tournament winner gets the $1million, which is the one thing about this I hate. Dude gets to sit out for a year and study all of his potential opponents, who have to risk injury across multiple fights. I don't think he should be in contention for the money at all.

Putting a champion into a tournament is suicide for the title.
Well he's the champ, and I think maybe the road fc president personally knows a sol kwon as a person. Big pay day for a sol kwon if he wins lol.

Back