ROAD FC 39: Seo Hee Ham vs Mina Kurobe For Inagural Atomweight Championship

Get hyped for this undercard fight!

Part one of an interview from Ham. Sorry, no English translation, but trust me when I say she's thanking me for all the years of support :D

Part two

Last edited:
ROAD FC 039 weigh in results
Event: Xiaomi ROAD FC 039
Date: Saturday, June 10, 2017
Place: Jangchung Arena, Seoul, South Korea
Live in Korea on MBC Sports Plus
Live in Japan on Abema TV
Live internationally on ROAD FC YouTube
In China on CCTV

showImage.php

Official Weigh In Results

6th -48kg ATOMWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
HAM SEO-HEE : 48.4kg (PASS)
KUROBE MINA : 48.2kg (PASS)

5th OPENWEIGHT BOUT
MYUNG HYUN MAN : 116.9kg
AORIGELE : 157.1kg

4th OPENWEIGHT BOUT
YOSHIKO : 83.1kg
CHUN SUN-YOO : 64.8kg

3rd -57kg FLYWEIGHT BOUT
MOON JEA-HOON : 57.5kg (PASS)
ASAKURA KAI : 57.3kg (PASS)

2nd -70kg LIGHTWEIGHT BOUT INT TRIALS
KIM SEUNG YEON : 70.4kg (PASS)
RAFAEL FIZIEV : 70.3kg (PASS)

1st OPENWEIGHT BOUT
SHIM YOON-JAE : 125.3kg
KIM CHANG-HEE : 162.6kg

YOUNG GUNS 34 Official Weigh-In Results

7th –80kg CATCHWEIGHT BOUT
LA IN-JAE : 80.4kg (PASS)
CHA IN-HO : 80.3kg (PASS)

6th -65.5kg FEATHERWEIGHT BOUT
KIM SE-YEONG : 65.8kg (PASS)
LEE JEONG-YEONG : 66kg (PASS)

5th -70kg LIGHTWEIGHT BOUT CHINA TRIALS
BAO YINCANG : 70.1kg (PASS)
WANG MINGWOO : 69.6kg (PASS)

4th -48kg ATOMWEIGHT BOUT
HONG YUN-HA : 49.7kg (FAIL) 49.4 final (FAIL): deduct 50% purse, deduct 5 points per round
ARAI MIKA : 48.8kg (FAIL) 48.5 final (PASS) deduct 50% purse

3rd –61.5kg BANTAMWEIGHT BOUT
KIM YOUNG-GEUN : 61.6kg (PASS)
KIM WOO-BEEN : 61.4kg (PASS)

2nd -70kg LIGHTWEIGHT BOUT
LIM BYEONG-HA : 70.4kg (PASS)
KIM YO-HAN : 70.1kg (PASS)

1st -77kg WELTERWEIGHT BOUT
STUART GOOCH : 77.4kg (PASS)
LEE JIN-KYU : 77.1kg (PASS)
Some quotes:
Kurobe Mina said, “The belt is beautiful. I will put on a good fight tomorrow. I'm sure of winning. ROAD FC is a big competition and to be the first atomweight champion would be huge. I am honored, and I will definitely win the title. I don't really have a strategy. I've prepared for her attacks and I will defeat her technically. And I don't think my age is a disadvantage.”

Ham Seo-Hee said, “This belt is really cool. I hope Kurobe will only keep her Japanese belt [laughs]. Up until this moment I didn't know how bad I wanted to win. I was about to finish my life in MMA when I got this opportunity. I know I'm persistent and I will win. Also, people have called me 'Hamderlei Silva', but I would like a new nickname. Please think of one for me.”​
In the Taekwondo versus Karate match, Moon Jea-Hoon and Asakura Kai both made weight.
Moon Jea-Hoon said, “This is a confrontation between Taekwondo and Karate. With the pride and honor of Taekwondo, I will surely get the KO.”

Asakura Kai said, “I want to fight quickly so I'll end it soon. Pay attention.”

On the Young Guns 34 undercard, both fighters in the women's -48kg catchweight match did not pass on the first try, Hong Yun-Ha and Arai Mika.
Hong needs to finish to win. If she doesn't, probably best to hang them up.

Ham Seo-Hee: One on One with Title Contender

An interview with Ham Seo-Hee, ROAD FC Women's Atomweight contender

ham.jpg

Ham Seo-Hee (17-8, Team MAD) is the pioneer for women's MMA in South Korea. She made her professional MMA debut 10 years ago in Deep 28 Impact against Hisae Watanabe, won by decision, and became a new force in women's MMA.

Over the next 7 years, Ham racked up an impressive record of 12-5 fighting at 48 and 52 kgs, and earned wins over the likes of Mei Yamaguchi, Emi Fujino, and Naho Sugiyama. Ham has only been finished twice in 10 years: by the legendary Megumi Fujii and Invicta Atomweight champ Ayaka Hamasaki.

Ham is known world-over, yet she is still humble about her status.

“It sounds too great to be called a pioneer. Of course, I'm very proud that I'm a first-generation female MMA fighter.”

Ham debuted in ROAD FC in 2014 and won back to back matches against Alyona Rassohyna and Shino VanHoose. Next she claimed the DEEP JEWELS Featherweight (48kg) title from Saori Ishioka. Subsequently, Ham was picked up by the UFC and made history as the first female fighter from South Korea in the promotion. She made her debut in one of the greatest strawweight fights of all time against Joanne Calderwood. Ham went 1-3 with the promotion with her last back to back losses being widely proclaimed as massive robberies by the judges.

Now Ham will once again be fighting live in her home of Korea, and will make history a second time by competing in the inaugural ROAD FC Women's Atomweight Championship.

“For the first time in Korea, a women's title match is going to be held. This is monumental. I was originally going to quit fighting, but ROAD FC President Jung Mun-Hong gave me a great chance. I thought, a female athlete doesn't normally get treated like this. So I decided to keep going. I feel proud to be treated so well. It means a lot.”

continue reading: http://roadfc.com/main/news/news_view.php?key=JTI1MjUzRCUyNTI1M0RBTXdjVE8=

Ham Seo-Hee: One on One with Title Contender

An interview with Ham Seo-Hee, ROAD FC Women's Atomweight contender

ham.jpg

Ham Seo-Hee (17-8, Team MAD) is the pioneer for women's MMA in South Korea. She made her professional MMA debut 10 years ago in Deep 28 Impact against Hisae Watanabe, won by decision, and became a new force in women's MMA.

Over the next 7 years, Ham racked up an impressive record of 12-5 fighting at 48 and 52 kgs, and earned wins over the likes of Mei Yamaguchi, Emi Fujino, and Naho Sugiyama. Ham has only been finished twice in 10 years: by the legendary Megumi Fujii and Invicta Atomweight champ Ayaka Hamasaki.

Ham is known world-over, yet she is still humble about her status.

“It sounds too great to be called a pioneer. Of course, I'm very proud that I'm a first-generation female MMA fighter.”

Ham debuted in ROAD FC in 2014 and won back to back matches against Alyona Rassohyna and Shino VanHoose. Next she claimed the DEEP JEWELS Featherweight (48kg) title from Saori Ishioka. Subsequently, Ham was picked up by the UFC and made history as the first female fighter from South Korea in the promotion. She made her debut in one of the greatest strawweight fights of all time against Joanne Calderwood. Ham went 1-3 with the promotion with her last back to back losses being widely proclaimed as massive robberies by the judges.

Now Ham will once again be fighting live in her home of Korea, and will make history a second time by competing in the inaugural ROAD FC Women's Atomweight Championship.

“For the first time in Korea, a women's title match is going to be held. This is monumental. I was originally going to quit fighting, but ROAD FC President Jung Mun-Hong gave me a great chance. I thought, a female athlete doesn't normally get treated like this. So I decided to keep going. I feel proud to be treated so well. It means a lot.”

continue reading: http://roadfc.com/main/news/news_view.php?key=JTI1MjUzRCUyNTI1M0RBTXdjVE8=
Will this fight card be free on YouTube again?

Hey guys! At what time PT ? Please need some help here

Ssireum background for Yo Han Kim, not often we see that. Hong Man Choi is the most notable guy in MMA from Ssireum

Ssireum background for Yo Han Kim, not often we see that. Hong Man Choi is the most notable guy in MMA from Ssireum
It's a dying sport, unfortunately.

It's a low blow festival tonight, it seems. Yo Han's voice got raised by an octave.

It's a dying sport, unfortunately.

It's a low blow festival tonight, it seems. Yo Han's voice got raised by an octave.
Yeah, mostly just treated as a variety show gimmick any more which is unfortunate

43409-1229878.png

Forgot to update my picks after the weigh-ins, or I wouldn't have Hong winning over Arai.

Nice showing from Yong Geun Kim, stuck with that armbar and made the proper adjustments

Young Geun Kim fought like a cornered animal. Nothing but aggression.

Hong blew weight but she's walking out to the jam

Back