ROAD FC 39: Seo Hee Ham vs Mina Kurobe For Inagural Atomweight Championship

Personally, I think the lady announcer they already have does the job just fine, but whatever....

Goofy jacket dude and Lenne Hardt, what a team

Goofy jacket dude and Lenne Hardt, what a team
I prefer Jeef's flashy red jacket and metallic bow tie over the blue monstrosity Buffer wore Saturday night. Bruce was going full leisure suit Larry.

According to Road's website, Chun has been watching the tape, and thinks she fixed what she needed to.

sm%2BROAD39%2BYoshiko%2Bvs%2BChun.jpg

Event poster:

Interesting fact: did a google image search for the above, didn't find it. However, Asurah's avatar came up in the search results lol

Full Young Guns card announced
DAJiLiqU0AEmzf2.jpg

The newly added bouts are:
China Trials bout (I guess the other bout fell off? idk): Yincang Bao vs Mingwu Wang (I'll have to see his name in Korean or Chinese to figure out if he has a profile or not)
Yoon Ha Hong vs Mika Arai
Yong Geun Kim vs Woo Bin Kim
Byung Ha Lim vs Yo Han Kim
Stuart Gooch vs Jin Kyu Lee

Bao is a decent replacement for the China Trials if that is what happened. He trains out of Xi'an Sports University which has long been one of the top teams in China and he has a win over Kenan Song.

Mika Arai won one of the JMMAF (ammy league that Pancrase sponsors) tournaments last year. Yoon Ha Hong has had a rough go so far but her level of competition has been pretty high outside of her last fight.

Byung Ha Lim went back to amateur competition after a bad start to his pro career and won a tournament in ROAD's Into League but lost his return back to the pros. He trains out of Team Finish and has an amateur win over current URCC FW champ Do Gyeom Lee.

Stuart Gooch was an undefeated amateur champ in the UK but hasn't really done much as a pro yet. It seems he recently moved to Korea and now trains at former ROAD and current UFC Korean commentator Dae Hwan Kim's gym. Jin Kyu Lee debuted in Spirit MC in 2008 but has been mostly inactive since then.

That's a cool event poster. ^

I hope Yun Ha Hong finally picks up a win. She trains out of Songtan, which is the town outside of Osan air base where I spent time stationed at. Last fight, she forgot she's a ground fighter.

So the China trials bout has been reduced to two guys who weren't in it originally. Unfortunate, but that's how this sport is sometimes.

18519789_1483432855048549_7703784154606564664_n.jpg

I doubt these two hand it over to the judges.

So the China trials bout has been reduced to two guys who weren't in it originally. Unfortunate, but that's how this sport is sometimes.

18519789_1483432855048549_7703784154606564664_n.jpg
Serious question: are Yoshiko and Aorigele twins separated at birth?

Fight week baby!

Kurobe Mina: One on One with DEEP JEWELS Champ

Kurobe Mina (10-2, Master Japan) will be fighting in ROAD FC for the very first time, but she's going to get an immediate title shot. As the current DEEP JEWELS Atomweight Champion, she has proven to be one of the best female fighters in Asia. So at Xiaomi ROAD FC 039, Kurobe will be facing Korea's best, Ham Seo-Hee, for the inaugural ROAD FC Women's Atomweight Championship.

In February of 2017 at DEEP JEWELS 15 Kurobe won her first title match at the surprising age of 39. In that bout she accomplished two remarkable feats: she avenged her most recent loss - to Sugiyama Naho - and won the title from her.

“I am the DEEP Jewels Atomweight Champion. I don't know if I'll be the winner of this next Championship, but if I win it will be thanks to the cheerfulness of my coach and team members.”

continue reading: http://roadfc.com/main/news/news_view.php?key=JTI1MjUzRCUyNTI1M0RRTzVZVE8=

My favorite part:
Championship belts aside, Kurobe is most of all determined to carry on performing at the fast-paced and brutal level that has become her hallmark.

“I think I'm going to show everything that I have. I know that the ROAD FC fans are expecting Ham Seo-Hee to win, but first I have to apologize. Because I will win. Sorry! But please be cheerful because I will always show you a thrilling fight.”

Back