ROAD FC 39: Seo Hee Ham vs Mina Kurobe For Inagural Atomweight Championship

Asurah

|⁰⊖⁰)
@Brown
Reaction score
sm%2BROAD39%2BHam%2Bvs%2BKurobe.jpg

Hamderlei's first fight since leaving the UFC will be for ROAD FC's first ever Atomweight title. It's an interesting matchup in that it's sort of a DEEP JEWELS unification bout for a ROAD FC title. Hamderlei was the DEEP JEWELS Atomweight champ before signing with the UFC and never lost the belt in a fight, Kurobe is the current DEEP JEWELS AW champ. This will only be Ham's 5th time fighting in her home country over her long spanning career.

Kurobe didn't start her professional career until she was 35 but has quickly become one of the top AWs in the world with a 10-2 record and a DEEP JEWELS title (other fighters to hold this title include Hamderlei, Ayaka Hamasaki, V.V Mei, and Sugi Rock). She has avenged both of her career losses to V.V Mei and Sugi Rock.

Also previously announced was the final 2nd round bout of the China trials between Habiti Tuerxunbieke and Zhenyue Huang. Jung Hwan Cha and Young Choi were scheduled to have a Middleweight title rematch but Cha had to pull out with a torn shoulder which is why the event was moved from May 20th to June 10th.

Main card:
Atomweight Title Bout
Seo Hee Ham vs Mina Kurobe

Openweight bout
Hyun Man Myung vs Aorigele

Women's Openweight Bout
Yoshiko Hirano vs Sun Yoo Cheon

Flyweight bout
Je Hoon Moon vs Kai Asakura

International Trials Bout
Seung Yeon Kim vs Rafael Fiziev

Openweight bout
Yoon Jae Shim vs Chang Hee Kim

Young Guns 34:
176 lbs Catchweight bout
In Jae La vs In Ho Cha

Featherweight bout
Se Young Kim vs Jung Young Lee

China Trials bout
Yincang Bao vs Mingwu Wang

Atomweight bout
Yoon Ha Hong vs Mika Arai

Bantamweight bout
Yong Geun Kim vs Woo Bin Kim

Lightweight bout
Byung Ha Lim vs Yo Han Kim

Welterweight bout
Stuart Gooch vs Jin Kyu Lee

Cancelled:
Middleweight Title Bout
Jung Hwan Cha vs Young Choi (Cha torn shoulder)

China trials 2nd round
Habiti Tuerxunbieke vs Zhenyue Huang

Last edited:
I was in the middle of making a thread when I accidentally closed the tab. Opened a new one, and you beat me to it.

A few things:
1. Just noticing this bout has been moved to June, ahead of the planned July XX event.
2. Cha tearing his shoulder sucks big donkey penis
3. Good matchup between Ham and Kurobe. Should be a good fight.

War Ham even though Kurobe a tough old hag and could possibly smoother her way to a decision.

Open weight bout added:

Will update later with info about them.

I wonder why Shim changed his name. Should be a sloppy fight, Shim is very easy to hit but should be able to outwrestle Kim who is pretty much just a typical Megaton brawler.

The Young Guns portion of the card has it's main event:
sm%2BYG34%2BLa%2Bvs%2BCha.jpg

In Jae La vs In Ho Cha
Cha only fights mma sporadically. I think he mostly boxes, according the the news article on Road's site. La last drew in China, where he was mostly beaten on the feet, but took advantage with pounding when he got it to the ground.

I wonder why Shim changed his name. Should be a sloppy fight, Shim is very easy to hit but should be able to outwrestle Kim who is pretty much just a typical Megaton brawler.

The article on Road's site acknowledged the name change, but no reason given. It's certainly unusual.

I'm not sure if Cha still boxes, that's what he did during the long break in his MMA career though. He's been a regular training partner of Stun Gun's for awhile now.

La was one of the guys that strangely seemed to gas out of nowhere and very early on at ROAD 34, not sure if there was bad hotel breakfast or just a bad cut (looks like he is giving up on trying for 170 for the time being).

Alternate bout added for the $1million lightweight tournament:

Tapology seems to be on the fritz, so unsure of the records, especially Fiziev.

Tapology seems to be back up
Seung Yeon Kim was supposed to be in the International trials against Guillard but Melvin was being a screw up. Kim came up through Crying Fist and has a Keyboard Warrior gimmick. He has a win over Nandin-Erdene who qualified for the 16 man bracket but lost to Bruno Miranda last time out who lost to Nandin-Erdene in the International trials.
xkKpiOg.jpg

Rafael Fiziev is the dude that went a bit viral for his Matrix moves in a Muay Thai bout

Kyokushin vs Muay Thai, should be fun

Last edited:
Loved watching Seo Ham in UFC but she was just to small for strawweight.

Se Young Kim vs Jung Young Lee announced for the Young Guns 34 card
sm%2BYG34%2BKim%2Bvs%2BLee.jpg

Kim is out of Apgujeong Gym (Kwon A Sol, Yoon Jun Lee, Hyun Man Myung) and has had a good run in ROAD so far. In his pro debut he beat China Trials semifinalist Lianru Shang.

Lee was 3-0 amateur and currently 3-0 pro, also good news is his military duty finished up early last year so if he turns out to be a good prospect then that's one less worry. He trains out of Ssen which is one of Korea's longest running MMA gyms.

Hyun Man Myung vs Aorigele
showImage.php

Myung is making a quick turnaround after beating Huggy Bear, not the cleanest of wins (stoppage due to a cut early on) but he showed that he hits hard even by HW standards. Very solid HW striker but little to no ground game.

Aorigele has become one of ROAD's top stars, he's a big draw for them in China and plays up the heel status in Korea. He's always a fun watch.

Je Hoon Moon vs Kai Asakura
showImage.php

Moon is a guy that is way better than his 9-9 record. He's a former BW title challenger but has struggled lately. Very Taekwondo based style and has wins over former Shooto Pacific Rim champ Yuta Nezu, recent title challenger Min Woo Kim, and UFC vet Marcos Vinicius.

Kai Asakura is the current OUTSIDER 60kg champion and is currently 2-0 in ROAD coming off an absolute demolition of top contender Heili Alateng. He's only 23 years old and has huge potential star power.

I wonder if Flyweight champ Min Jong Song is seriously injured or something, he hasn't fought since October 2015 and Asakura seemed like a clear cut choice for #1 contender after smashing Alateng.

Last edited:
Nice to see hyun man back soon.".this guy hits hard but needs to improve his ground game

Myung vs Aorigele is highly unlikely to go to decision. I'm picking Myung by 1st round KO.

Was hoping to so Asakura vs Nam Jin Jo, but Moon will be a good opponent for him.

sm%2BROAD39%2BYoshiko.jpg

Opponent TBA. I say, this is the kind of villain that only a KING can save the people from.

I saw the pro wrestling match were she got banned pretty crazy

Back