RNC private in San Diego?

Deltafarce

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I would really like to take a private with a RNC master. Any recommendations in SD?

Are you a big guy or small guy? Gi or no gi? And why RNC?

The RNC in itself is very basic. Not much to learn. But transitions, setups hand fighting etc is important.

Are you a big guy or small guy? Gi or no gi? And why RNC?

The RNC in itself is very basic. Not much to learn. But transitions, setups hand fighting etc is important.

I think he means how to sink it.

Also, while the rnc is quite basic, it has quite a few details, and to be honest most gi only players don’t know them and really suck at it. Its really not that easy to either sink it or finish it when thebdefender has a slightly clue on what he’s doing

Dean Lister is over here at Victory MMA.

Saulo Ribiero heads University of Jujitsu with his brother and is a super nice guy from talking with him.

Google both. They have tons of championship wins and experience.

You'd have to check if they do 1v1's.

Saulo bringing in the old NE source from back east for some grip fighting IQ.

I think he means how to sink it.

Also, while the rnc is quite basic, it has quite a few details, and to be honest most gi only players don’t know them and really suck at it. Its really not that easy to either sink it or finish it when thebdefender has a slightly clue on what he’s doing
I guess it's basic.when you are taught correctly from the beginning.

I guess it's basic.when you are taught correctly from the beginning.

not really.

the motion is basic, sinking it is way more complicated, specially for gi guys. Actually I would venture to say than most gi guys Ive rolled with really really suck at it, basic survival defense and the choke was gone, along with back control. Thats because of gi guys normally going for bow and arrow, so the RNC vs someone half competent defending is not that easy to sink for them.

the choking motion also is very imporant in order to force the choke, or choke through the chin, this is something you have to develop, it doesnt come just out of the blue by watching and drilling it couple of times.

Last edited:
Jeff Glover is always asking people on his IG if they want private lessons. Upside is that he is always available and is a great teacher. Downside is its usually on a few puzzle mats in a living room.

not really.

the motion is basic, sinking it is way more complicated, specially for gi guys. Actually I would venture to say than most gi guys Ive rolled with really really suck at it, basic survival defense and the choke was gone, along with back control. Thats because of gi guys normally going for bow and arrow, so the RNC vs someone half competent defending is not that easy to sink for them.

the choking motion also is very imporant in order to force the choke, or choke through the chin, this is something you have to develop, it doesnt come just out of the blue by watching and drilling it couple of times.

I guess over 20 years I have drilled it a couple times so I understand it . I also see people trying to make it work when there are other options and then the say the RNC doesn't work when they just need to open their mind.

This guy is not far from San Diego and this is how I learned the RNC back in the day.

I guess over 20 years I have drilled it a couple times so I understand it . I also see people trying to make it work when there are other options and then the say the RNC doesn't work when they just need to open their mind.

This guy is not far from San Diego and this is how I learned the RNC back in the day.

I firmly believe once back control is achieve, you need to fight to get the rnc, I don’t like to transition to other stuff, as a last resort may be, but only if am losing the position. As a result of many many classes of back attacks, I’ve gotten pretty good at finishing it. The rnc needs to be drill the hell out to be confident in it.

I firmly believe once back control is achieve, you need to fight to get the rnc, I don’t like to transition to other stuff, as a last resort may be, but only if am losing the position. As a result of many many classes of back attacks, I’ve gotten pretty good at finishing it. The rnc needs to be drill the hell out to be confident in it.

The RNC itself is considered a basic technique, but there's nothing basic about mastering this choke hold. I know black belts with garbage RNC offense.

If you succeed in taking someone's back, you should be good enough that the chances of them escaping your RNC attempt are slim. But I see people give up on the choke all the the time.

I'm not sure about pure bjj but in MMA the RNC ends more fights than any other submission.

The RNC itself is considered a basic technique, but there's nothing basic about mastering this choke hold. I know black belts with garbage RNC offense.

If you succeed in taking someone's back, you should be good enough that the chances of them escaping your RNC attempt are slim. But I see people give up on the choke all the the time.

I'm not sure about pure bjj but in MMA the RNC ends more fights than any other submission.

Totally...

Bb with bad rnc are very common, specially in places are very gi heavy.

If your don’t do positional sparring A Lot from back control, your rnc will suck, just like your defense will also suck.

Back