RNC, Chamber Of Commerce Want Robocallers To Be Able To Spam Your Voicemail Without Phone Ringing

Blah blah blah free market doh

Same with ISPs selling our data. Government is useful for coming up with consumer protections. It's fairly fucked that the GOP chooses to be on the wrong side of that fairly often lately. Still shaking my head on revoking the fiduciary rule with investing.

But who is going to offer you financial advice if they can't secretly funnel you into shitty investments with high fees that pay them large commissions.

So because it doesn't affect you fuck the rest of us? How about fuck you, how about that?

Yes fuck the rest of you. You'll have to suffer with all those VM's on your $600+ phone. #firstworldproblems

Zero people want ringerless robocalls like these. Zero, in America. Can we please, if it's not too much trouble, not allow the thing that zero people want in this country?

These guys know how it important it is that spammers can put messages directly in our voicemail and that financial advisers don't have to act in the best interests of their clients:

krugman-white-working-class-voters-keep-voting-for-republicans-who-say-outright-that-theyre-lazy.jpg

...Next thing we knew, the GOP decided the robocaller had Presidential qualities and an exploratory committee was formed...

How does straight-to-voicemail from the caller's end work? Seems like waste of time and resources to call people who don't want it. I can kind of understand the reasoning from lawmakers, that it's weird that there are working numbers that you are just not allowed to even call, but I don't know why any company would want to hire someone to make a bunch of dead-end calls.

Because they're not dead end calls. The robocalled messages will become sophisticated enough to mimic things of great importance and some fraction of those people will spend money on whatever the product is that's being sold.

This is how all mass marketing models work. Annoy 100 people in the hope that 1-2 become customers.

I for one am SHOCKED that this thread doesnt have more conservatives in it. SHOCKED. This is the basis of the republican party. Along with getting rid of net neutrality, letting ISPs sell your information, financial advisers not work in your interest, and all the other great legislation they have been doing.

Truly they are doing gods work and making america great again.

Because they're not dead end calls. The robocalled messages will become sophisticated enough to mimic things of great importance and some fraction of those people will spend money on whatever the product is that's being sold.

This is how all mass marketing models work. Annoy 100 people in the hope that 1-2 become customers.

How does straight-to-voicemail from the caller's end work? Seems like waste of time and resources to call people who don't want it. I can kind of understand the reasoning from lawmakers, that it's weird that there are working numbers that you are just not allowed to even call, but I don't know why any company would want to hire someone to make a bunch of dead-end calls.

It's predatory calling. They don't want to talk to you or me. They want to talk to some old lady who doesn't have her wits anymore, and is lonely.

That is how these robo callers make money.

Not only is spam annoying as shit, it is 90%......" I am a Nigerian prince and want to steal from the dumb" spam.

It's predatory calling. They don't want to talk to you or me. They want to talk to some old lady who doesn't have her wits anymore, and is lonely.

Not only is spam annoying as shit, it is 90%......" I am a Nigerian prince and want to steal from the dumb" spam.

Bastard never did wire me the money

America you better watch out because in the near future you could have a robot president.

This doesnt seem to be a very popular topic. I wonder why.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back