RIZIN Women's Atomweight GP confirmed 12 participants!!!!

Source?
Sakakibara says it will be 8 women GP.

Just looking at who they named, Hamasaki is a huge favorite.

It was just Fujiyama Fight Club tossing around some possible names, they mentioned a potential Openweight GP field as well. Nothing has been confirmed other than since the airing RIZIN said in a press conference that they are planning on RENA weight and want her in it.

It was just Fujiyama Fight Club tossing around some possible names, they mentioned a potential Openweight GP field as well. Nothing has been confirmed other than since the airing RIZIN said in a press conference that they are planning on RENA weight and want her in it.
thank you sir

Is there a video of that Fujiyama Fight Club episode? I wanna see what names they came up with for the Openweight GP. Plus, I love the graphics and stuff lol.

Ayaka would eat all those girls for breakfast

Is there a video of that Fujiyama Fight Club episode? I wanna see what names they came up with for the Openweight GP. Plus, I love the graphics and stuff lol.
Idk if there's video footage out there but these images circulated around from it
Gabi, Jazzy, Kandori, Lei'D Tapa, Yoshiko Hirano, Tong Wen (2008 Olympic champion in Judo in the +78kg division), King Reina, Rin Nakai
C5jynSbU8AAwIJt.jpg

RENA, Andy Nguyen, Alyssa Garcia, Hanna Tyson, looks familiar but not sure, Kanna Asakura, Saori Ishioka, Sugi Rock, V.V Mei, Mamamoto, Syuri Kondo, Ayaka Hamasaki
C5wM_zCUwAE6WIO.jpg

Rizin's grand prixs are a total joke.

The last one with Cro-Cop was a joke....Kosaka? Baruto? Fujita?
Come On!.....Cro-Cop raising that belt like it has value.
When that GP was announced, Cro-Cop or Wandy were the only possible winners.

Was ANY fighter under age 40?

Rizin's grand prixs are a total joke.

The last one with Cro-Cop was a joke....Kosaka? Baruto? Fujita?
Come On!.....Cro-Cop raising that belt like it has value.
When that GP was announced, Cro-Cop or Wandy were the only possible winners.

Was ANY fighter under age 40?
Everyone but Cro Cop, TK, Wanderlei (who didn't even fight), Carwin (again didn't even fight), and Fujita were under 40 with TK being a replacement fighter. So out of 17 fighters, only 5 were 40+ with 2 of those not even participating in the end.

Wandy probably would have lost to several people in the tourney. A lot of people were picking Prochazka (had to pull out after winning the first round due to injury), Aliakbari, King Mo, Carwin (before he dropped out) or even Moldavsky to win.

A few polls from right here on Sherdog
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/who-wins-rizin-openweight-tournament.3379335/
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/who-wins-rizin-gp-semi-final-stage-poll.3433371/

Before the GP started only 1/3 of the people that voted picked Cro Cop and Carwin was less than 4% behind him, notice how Wandy only got 3.1% of the vote. Going into the semis the % for Cro Cop jumped but he still didn't even gain half of the total vote. Obviously it's a relatively small sample size but it shows that there was some doubt and suspense as to who would win.

Idk if there's video footage out there but these images circulated around from it
Gabi, Jazzy, Kandori, Lei'D Tapa, Yoshiko Hirano, Tong Wen (2008 Olympic champion in Judo in the +78kg division), King Reina, Rin Nakai
C5jynSbU8AAwIJt.jpg

RENA, Andy Nguyen, Alyssa Garcia, Hanna Tyson, looks familiar but not sure, Kanna Asakura, Saori Ishioka, Sugi Rock, V.V Mei, Mamamoto, Syuri Kondo, Ayaka Hamasaki
C5wM_zCUwAE6WIO.jpg

Jleana Valentino is the one you can't remember.

So if Rena wins is she legit?

RENA is already legit.

That Openweight GP would be awesome. The Chinese judoka seems intriguing. I'd throw Kavaleva in there too but her getting frequent WWE tryouts may mean they're interested in signing her in the future. Rin has a legit shot at winning it TBH.

I dislike Yoshiko Hirano. What she did to Act Yasukawa was beyond horrific.

The AW GP looks great. They're planning on doing it around that weight right? I definitely think the winners of the upcoming fights (RENA vs. Perjes, Ishioka vs. Kicaj, Asakura vs. Toncheva) will be included, alongside Garcia and Nguyen. Hamasaki would be a huge favourite.

That Openweight GP would be awesome. The Chinese judoka seems intriguing. I'd throw Kavaleva in there too but her getting frequent WWE tryouts may mean they're interested in signing her in the future. Rin has a legit shot at winning it TBH.

I dislike Yoshiko Hirano. What she did to Act Yasukawa was beyond horrific.

The AW GP looks great. They're planning on doing it around that weight right? I definitely think the winners of the upcoming fights (RENA vs. Perjes, Ishioka vs. Kicaj, Asakura vs. Toncheva) will be included, alongside Garcia and Nguyen. Hamasaki would be a huge favourite.
I posted in another some info about Rizin and Kavaleva from her interview. So Rizin decided to make Kavaleva-Gabi and asked Kavaleva to film her training. She did it and after some time Gabi's manager (or people from Rizin, I'm too lazy to read interview again) informed Kavaleva that she is not worthy opponent for Gabi. And seems like Kavaleva wasn't happy, that Gabi's manager thinks that she is unworthy opponent, compared to "Japanese grandma" that Gabi fought.

Why didn't they make a rizin lw tounry? Rather see that instead of the girls...

Back