RIZIN > UFC in a few years

It has nothing to do with Rizin moreso that they are the biggest mma org in Japan right now and there are out of the grasp or USADA.
Biggest in Japan based on what? Default? They don't even have a roster.

SOme of you morality preachers

That's the only thing that i agree with u. There's too many paladin of justice in here looking to the UFC like a overall clean sport when at this point it's clear that it isn't.
If things will keep going the same as now MMA will become soon a much less exciting sport, with consequently less draw and even more underpaid athletes then now.

lol imagine USADA testing RIZIN?
Yes but this is How the test would be like
prideroidcontract.jpg

That's the only thing that i agree with u. There's too many paladin of justice in here looking to the UFC like a overall clean sport when at this point it's clear that it isn't.

Exactly, people always bring up steroids when trying to discredit the pride era, yet claim the ufc is clean. The fact of the matter is the UFC has been exactly the same, until the point Usada came in.

Yes but this is How the test would be like
prideroidcontract.jpg

^This is exactly what I'm talking about. People bring this up as if Pride was the only promotion that had juiced fighters. If anything, the UFC has been exactly the same up until now. Fighters were abusing TRT by gaming their tst levels to get a TUE before that loophole was closed, and now fighters popping for HGH, estrogen blockers and other banned substances.

But I have no moral position either way. Just make a decision - test everyone fairly, or just let everyone juice. One or the other. They shouldn't say they will test everyone equally, but then let Brock juice and have him gain at least 40lbs over Mark hunt. When you have that much size, it doesn't take much skill to pin a guy down.

I, for one, am kind of excited to have Rizin be a promotion in the wild west (metaphorically speaking), as fucked up as that might sound. I suppose that it is part of the appeal, that it is a throwback to a less restricted time. It brings something different when almost every other promotion nowadays is just a cookie-cutter version of the ufc.

The big question is, will Rizin be around next year, let alone in a few years?

^imo it depends if it can carve its own niche, instead of trying to compete directly with the ufc.

it could very well be gone by next year, but I will enjoy it while it lasts. It could also become something big, if sakakibara and his investors don't pull the plug. remember, the ufc was #2 once upon a time and they eventually overtook pride to become #1.

the same thing could happen again with rizin. time will tell i suppose.

All of these Japanese promotions now.. Go bankrupt.. And fold after a couple years...There won't be another Pride.....After Pride folded... So did a lot of the energy in the sport...As well as skill.. Which most came from the Pride / Strikeforce / -- Folding WEC... When they were forced to fight in a cage with unifed rules....Bad refs...Look at the refs in pride.... They were all small... Because they were quicker.... And psychologically... Hitting a smaller ref on purpose or by accident was a no no.....They understood that.......

Bad Judging.... People that don't care about the sport or are clueless now....... ..And I don't remember there being this many fighters destroying cards due to personal issues / injures / scared to fight ......in those days..

Affliction was the closest American thing to what Pride was... But they spent too much money making each event great and went under...Like a lot of these promotions.....

And where are all the good fighters going to come from..for RIZIN.....

Even though.... The promotion with all the 'good' fighters.. have looked like total shit over these past few events.... For no good reason at all..... MMA is starting to fall off.... People are getting old.... Beating themselves up in their gyms.. Training too much / wrong......Getting in stupid trouble....It has turned into sport theatre.....And I am a big fan of the sport...Or what the idea of the sport was supposed to be.......

Which was....Make something close to what a real fight is like...

Last edited:
I came here to bash you but then I thought twice and shit... It could happen. Eventually.

I don't know about "a few years," dough.

Nope. Will be an better org, pride over took ufc in 99 and dominated till 06.

But pride had prime saku, and Gracie's in prime crossing over. Young beast like fedor and cro cop.

Rizin has past it guys from pride.

They need a superstar

All of these Japanese promotions now.. Go bankrupt.. And fold after a couple years...There won't be another Pride.....After Pride folded... So did a lot of the energy in the sport...As well as skill.. Which most came from the Pride / Strikeforce / -- Folding WEC... When they were forced to fight in a cage with unifed rules....Bad refs... Bad Judging.... I don't remember there being this many fighters destroying cards due to personal issues / injures / scared to fight in those days..

Affliction was the closest American thing to what Pride was... But they spent too much money making each event great. and went under...Like a lot of these promotions.....

And where are all the good fighters going to come from..for RIZIN.....

Even though.... The promotion with all the 'good' fighters.. have looked like total shit over these past events.. for no good reason at all..... MMA is starting to fall off.... People are getting old.... Beating themselves up in their gyms.. Training too much / wrong... ... Injured too often...Getting in stupid trouble.... And I am a big fan of the sport...Or what the idea of the sport was supposed to be.....

Pride dying killed most of the skill in the sport? Lol. then your post just keeps getting ridiculous. Bad punctuation, also.

I doubt it, but I would be super pumped as a fight fan to see massive fights in Japan again. Pride round 2 would be epic, especially now with more mainstream attention coming from the market in the western world.

Thanks to usada. If I were an exec in RIZIN, I would be throwing crazy money at any ufc fighter whos contract is coming to expiration. Its probably going to take a few fighters going over, but over there they wont have to worry about using a psoriasis cream and losing 2 years over it like Mendes is or Lyoto losing 6 months to a year for DHEA which is sold at gnc. Its a fucking joke guys. SOme of you morality preachers dont understand what has happened with usada, they arent cleaning up the sport they are enforcing their rules and their muscle to change the sport and destroy peoples careers as well as our entertainment in the process. How many more names have to fall until you all realize what is going to wind up happening. People are getting popped for Advil, skin cream, estrogen blockers and other shit that isnt HGH or steroids. Guys are buying shit at gnc and getting their careers ruined over it. Enough is enough. If you love the sport, you should hope that RIZIN can sign ufc caliber fighters and build a great org there. It will be like Pride once again and nobody gave a shit who was juiced or who wasnt. They put on great fights and thats what the fans want. Enough of this usada bullshit.

name one person who was popped for advil? (advils not banned)
we only have Chads word is was skin cream (a cream not even available in the US)
and the only person caught with something you can buy in GNC was Machida

Ill put this on the realm of a possibility. I hope it comes true honestly.

Imagine. A Pride now? With these fighters?

If you take away nostalgia goggles, the fights in Pride and pre-2010 UFC sucked.
The best mma fights are recent.

jennifer lawrence yeah ok.gif

I guess you can't understand with full perspective unless you watched them at the time. I guess. Like me trying to fully appreciate 50's and 60's movies... like I know Dr Zhivago is a great movie and I'm not going appreciate it as much as my mother did, watching it and understanding it in the context of the time. But also, I'm damned if I'm going be arrogant enough to suggest movies pre 1980 were rubbish, just because that's when I started watching them.

FWIW there were some absolute CLASSIC fights pre 2010, and with Pride, the fights were under a better and more pure rule set making them much more aligned towards a real 'fight', than the unified system which is unintentionally geared towards 'competition'

The best modern fights are usually when they do away with trying to win rounds and FIGHT, Lawler / McDonald as an example

Last edited:
Thanks to usada. If I were an exec in RIZIN, I would be throwing crazy money at any ufc fighter whos contract is coming to expiration. Its probably going to take a few fighters going over, but over there they wont have to worry about using a psoriasis cream and losing 2 years over it like Mendes is or Lyoto losing 6 months to a year for DHEA which is sold at gnc. Its a fucking joke guys. SOme of you morality preachers dont understand what has happened with usada, they arent cleaning up the sport they are enforcing their rules and their muscle to change the sport and destroy peoples careers as well as our entertainment in the process. How many more names have to fall until you all realize what is going to wind up happening. People are getting popped for Advil, skin cream, estrogen blockers and other shit that isnt HGH or steroids. Guys are buying shit at gnc and getting their careers ruined over it. Enough is enough. If you love the sport, you should hope that RIZIN can sign ufc caliber fighters and build a great org there. It will be like Pride once again and nobody gave a shit who was juiced or who wasnt. They put on great fights and thats what the fans want. Enough of this usada bullshit.
Seriously how high are you?

The ufc sucks now. Overeem is the only reason why I stay tuned there

Back