Rumored Rizin paid floyd 62 Million $ Cash + another 26 Million save+ promoter bonus! Dana broke confirmed?

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by capo245, Nov 7, 2018.

1. PeacePipe

PeacePipe Life is short , be nice to eachother :)

True, maybe Mayweather thinks he boxes 12 rounds he can last 3 x 2 minute rounds or something like that...lets hope!

2. kflo

kflo Gold Belt

Who said this is mma?

3. Roljo

Roljo Black Belt

4. MMAart

MMAart Black Belt

Americans who have oversea investments and bank accounts disagree with you.

capo245 likes this.
  5. BBMN

BBMN Pancakes?!

Dana does not personally bankroll the fights.

Dana is worth half a billion, but that's moot.

6. MMAart

MMAart Black Belt

Floyd is probably the best thing to happen to modern combat sport, in my opinion, because one of the things that he is doing is being a counterbalance to the UFC's monopoly in MMA, which is good for the sport and the fighters in the long run.

capo245 and 0-1 like this.
  7. Thepaintbucket

Thepaintbucket Silver Belt

I didn't know Rizin had 62 million cash to pay him. Might be the dumbest or the greatest idea ever for both Mayweather/Rizin.

8. kflo

kflo Gold Belt

we have no idea what he's doing for mma yet. is anyone else getting paid here?

9. RoadKing Custom

RoadKing Custom ___________________ Platinum Member

Count me in as well!

10. Philtard

Philtard Black Belt

Screenshot_20181107-190604.png
    Fights off

11. WalkenWouldOwn

WalkenWouldOwn Steel Belt

Now that I am back on U.S. soil after a long and disappointing trip to Tokyo, I now have the time to address you, my fans and the media in regards to the upcoming event on December 31st that was recently announced. First and foremost, I want it to be clear that I, Floyd Mayweather, never agreed to an official bout with Tenshin Nasukawa. In fact (with all due respect) I have never heard of him until this recent trip to Japan. Ultimately, I was asked to participate in a 9 minute exhibition of 3 rounds with an opponent selected by the "Rizen Fighting Federation". What I was originally informed of by Brent Johnson of "One Entertainment" was that this was to be an exhibition put on for a small group of wealthy spectators for a very large fee. This exhibition was previously arranged as a "Special Bout" purely for entertainment purposes with no intentions of being represented as an official fight card nor televised worldwide. Once I arrived to the press conference, my team and I were completely derailed by the new direction this event was going and we should have put a stop to it immediately. I want to sincerely apologize to my fans for the very misleading information that was announced during this press conference and I can assure you that I too was completely blindsided by the arrangements that were being made without my consent nor approval. For the sake of the several fans and attendees that flew in from all parts of the world to attend this past press conference, I was hesitant to create a huge disturbance by combating what was being said and for that I am truly sorry. I am a retired boxer that earns an unprecedented amount of money, globally, for appearances, speaking engagements and occasional small exhibitions.

12. Rubberneck76

Rubberneck76 Alizée Belt Platinum Member

Couldn’t or wouldn’t? I’m sure the UFC could, they just won’t.

Edit: Looks like the OP was all speculation. Apparently Rizin couldn’t come up with the money either. Rizin confirmed broke?

13. cmw43

cmw43 Bad Boys Club

So it was all BS...

14. Crom Cruach

Crom Cruach Orange Belt

A lot of posts on this thread read back a bit weird.

cmw43 likes this.
  15. MMAart

MMAart Black Belt

The UFC has the monopoly on MMA. Floyd comes in and got publicity for Rizin. He's basically doing it for money, but the side effects of that is it creates a counterbalance to the UFC's monopoly.

Monopoly is bad for MMA, so what Floyd is doing is good for MMA, because it chips away the UFC's monopoly.

16. MMAart

MMAart Black Belt

The fight is NOT off.

It's an exhibition match for publicity.

Floyd is getting paid a mountain of cash for it.

• floydmayweather
      Now that I am back on U.S. soil after a long and disappointing trip to Tokyo, I now have the time to address you, my fans and the media in regards to the upcoming event on December 31st that was recently announced. First and foremost, I want it to be clear that I, Floyd Mayweather, never agreed to an official bout with Tenshin Nasukawa. In fact (with all due respect) I have never heard of him until this recent trip to Japan. Ultimately, I was asked to participate in a 9 minute exhibition of 3 rounds with an opponent selected by the "Rizen Fighting Federation". What I was originally informed of by Brent Johnson of "One Entertainment" was that this was to be an exhibition put on for a small group of wealthy spectators for a very large fee. This exhibition was previously arranged as a "Special Bout" purely for entertainment purposes with no intentions of being represented as an official fight card nor televised worldwide. Once I arrived to the press conference, my team and I were completely derailed by the new direction this event was going and we should have put a stop to it immediately. I want to sincerely apologize to my fans for the very misleading information that was announced during this press conference and I can assure you that I too was completely blindsided by the arrangements that were being made without my consent nor approval. For the sake of the several fans and attendees that flew in from all parts of the world to attend this past press conference, I was hesitant to create a huge disturbance by combating what was being said and for that I am truly sorry. I am a retired boxer that earns an unprecedented amount of money, globally, for appearances, speaking engagements and occasional small exhibitions.

17. podsox

podsox Silver Belt

Pr stunt

capo245 likes this.
  18. Mixedfights

Mixedfights Silver Belt

Floyd got played.

The kids 20lbs lighter than him and he still wont fight him lol.

Anything outside of a boxing ring and Floyd gets trashed. MM would end Floyd.

19. capo245

capo245 Orange Belt

can someone explain whats going on??? is this some twillight zone stuff???

20. MMouse

MMouse Now you enter...the shredder

Floyd should have just fought an actual boxer instead.

Japanese nearly had him getting leg kicks lol