RIZIN OWGP Brackets and Fights

Isn't TK like 50? Baruto (the eventual winner of the the GP) Ian going to slaughtered him

Actually looking forward to seeing a tournament for a change...

Three fights in three days for Carwin. He can't do this. His body doesn't let him to do. Sorry but this is the truth.

Three fights in three days for Carwin. He can't do this. His body doesn't let him to do. Sorry but this is the truth.

To be fair to Carwin more than half of the participants in the Tournament have the same Problem

Baruto - not going to last long at 380 pounds
Cro Cop - 42 years old with injuries
Tk - 46 years old
Wanerlei - 40 years old with injuries
Shane Carwin - 41 years old with injuries

that's 5/8 fighters that are either old, crippled, old and crippled or just grossly overweight...

I think Carwin has just as much chance as any of those 5 fighters really

Added the chiropractor vs gold digger fight (Sakurai vs Sakata).

Okay, some of these fighters were pretty hard to identify:

Kanna Asakura vs Alyssa Garcia (1-2 fighter with BJJ background, currently training with Josh Barnett at CSW)

Yuki Motoya vs Alan Nascrimento

Saiga vs Dillin West (Amateur from South Africa, no pro fights)

Yusuke Yachi vs Mario "The Monster" Cismundo, fights at a regional level in the Philippines

Tatsumitsu Wada vs TBA

Last edited:
It must be quite the task to get two events together with the traditional short notice the Japanese seem to give the fighters -- well, some of the fighters.

It must be quite the task to get two events together with the traditional short notice the Japanese seem to give the fighters -- well, some of the fighters.

They did have some unfortunate injuries; Jiri, Seiichiro Ito and especially Takeru would have been substantial contributors to the cards.

They did have some unfortunate injuries; Jiri, Seiichiro Ito and especially Takeru would have been substantial contributors to the cards.

I wonder if they will give Jose Canseco a call lol

how do you see this fights
A: Cro Cop vs Wand Cro Cop,, old not as quick anymore lack of power in form power. wanderiei not sure about his level of agression. both have lots of ring rust, think Cro cop will win ,, he is still the bigger , and wanderiei was KO a few times in last fights. but a match for the ages for sure
B: TK vs Baruto tsutoshi what a warrior fought always top level fighters true ledgen of the sport , want hinm to win Baruto more sumo , not sure about is ground work qualities , like akibono do not feel he has the skill set,, TK win
C: Aliakbari vs Carwin Aliakbari lots of wins in wresting not sure about striking skills ,, carwin ring rust at one point as great till Lesner ended him in a bloody mess,,, but has better all round skills ,, i will go with youth Aliakbar.. win submission
D: Moldavski vs Bajor not really heard of these names, so might be good up and coming fighters ,, but can not say who will win ,,

12/31 card:

Semifinal 1: Winner A vs Winner B to bad think cro cop vs TK this is interesting fight ,,, can not pick a winner
Semifinal 2: Winner C vs Winner D Aliakbari vs ?

Final winner of 1 will win i feel

No alternates or alternate fights announced.

No date set:
Kron Gracie vs Tatsuya Kawajiri Kron from what i remeber is just begining ,,, tatsuya was champion ,, think he will win
Charles Bennett vs Minoru Kimura this is a rematch i think bennett will beat the young guy
Erson/Asen Yamamoto vs Hideo Tokoro yamamoto is a family with great history of foighters will go with them
Miyuu Yamamoto vs Andy Nguyen
Kanako Murata vs TBA
Kanna Asakura vs TBA
RENA vs TBA

More fights will be announced in a press conference next week.

Edit:

link to card: http://www.rizinff.com/en/rizin-fig...-2016-2nd-round-final-round-scheduled-fighter

brackets:

He went full retard. NEVER go full retard.

Back