RIZIN OWGP Brackets and Fights

Pyreen

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
So Sakakibara just made the following official (opening a new thread since it's not a rumor anymore):

12/29 card:

1 alternate fight announced, participants TBA
A: Cro Cop vs Wand
B: TK vs Baruto
C: Aliakbari vs Carwin
D: Moldavski vs Bajor
Kazuyuki Miyata vs Andy Souwer
Satoru Kitaoka vs Daron Cruickshank
Kanna Asakura vs Alyssa Garcia (1-2 fighter with BJJ ackground, currently training with Josh Barnett)
Yuki Motoya vs Alan Nascrimento
Yusuke Yachi vs Mario "The Monster" Cismundo, fights at a regional level in the Philippines)

12/31 card:

Semifinal 1: Winner A vs Winner B
Semifinal 2: Winner C vs Winner D
Gabi Garcia vs Shinobu Kandori
Kron Gracie vs Tatsuya Kawajiri
Charles Bennett vs Minoru Kimura
Erson/Asen Yamamoto vs Hideo Tokoro
Miyuu Yamamoto vs Andy Nguyen
Kanako Murata vs Rin Nakai
Hayato Sakurai vs Wataru Sakata
Saiga vs Dillin West (from South Africa, no idea who that is)

Final

No date set:

Tatsumitsu Wada vs TBA
RENA vs TBA

Edit:

link to card: http://www.rizinff.com/en/rizin-fig...-2016-2nd-round-final-round-scheduled-fighter

brackets:

Last edited:
not surprised they put Carwin on the opposite side of the bracket from CroCop/Silva.

So Sakakibara just made the following official (opening a new thread since it's not a rumor anymore):

12/29 card:

A: Cro Cop vs Wand
B: TK vs Baruto
C: Aliakbari vs Carwin
D: Moldavski vs Bajor

12/31 card:

Semifinal 1: Winner A vs Winner B
Semifinal 2: Winner C vs Winner D

Final

No alternates or alternate fights announced.

No date set:
Kron Gracie vs Tatsuya Kawajiri
Charles Bennett vs Minoru Kimura
Erson/Asen Yamamoto vs Hideo Tokoro
Miyuu Yamamoto vs Andy Nguyen
Kanako Murata vs TBA
Kanna Asakura vs TBA

More fights will be announced in a press conference next week.

Do you know if JIri withdrew because of a legit reason or because it was secretly agreed that JIri would be replaced by TK in order to boost ratings?

In my view Baruto vs Fujita, Baruto vs TK and Jiri's "strange" injury vs That Can he fought all indicate to me that they are trying to push Baruto through into the final

Moldavsky also gets an easy fight and will be a certain semi final contender

No alt fights? That is great planning Rizin.

Do you know if JIri withdrew because of a legit reason or because it was secretly agreed that JIri would be replaced by TK in order to boost ratings?

In my view Baruto vs Fujita, Baruto vs TK and Jiri's "strange" injury vs That Can he fought all indicate to me that they are trying to push Baruto through into the final

Moldavsky also gets an easy fight and will be a certain semi final contender
Torn ACL many thought his leg was messed up during the fight and he just reinjured it .

The best prospect versus the tournament favorite. I'm gutted at that match.

With the addition of Carwin this tourney is much more interesting now.

Whose bajor? Is he the polish dude tht beated the Lithuanian guy? And I'm guessing jiri the Czech dude is injured?

The best prospect versus the tournament favorite. I'm gutted at that match.

It seems Carwin got thrown into the deep end to face a promising prospect like Amir, I wouldn't be surprise if Amir finishes Carwin quickly. All that ring rust and to fight a prospect on return is a potential loss, who knows being HW it which those at older age can still top 10 material who knows how Carwin would perform.

If Amir wins the tourny overall, you thought the UFC would give him a call-up with the recent prospects the UFC have called up over the past year. The more new talent the better to rejuvenate an aging division.

Actually kind of bummed that Carwin and Amir got matched

Actually kind of bummed that Carwin and Amir got matched

Yeah I would have preferred to see both guys get easier match ups, Amir could definitely beat Carwin at this point I think.

It seems Carwin got thrown into the deep end to face a promising prospect like Amir, I wouldn't be surprise if Amir finishes Carwin quickly. All that ring rust and to fight a prospect on return is a potential loss, who knows being HW it which those at older age can still top 10 material who knows how Carwin would perform.

If Amir wins the tourny overall, you thought the UFC would give him a call-up with the recent prospects the UFC have called up over the past year. The more new talent the better to rejuvenate an aging division.

I'm hoping Rizin builds guys up and holds onto them, would be really cool to see Rizin establish some legit divisions using Vets and prospects.

I'm hoping Rizin builds guys up and holds onto them, would be really cool to see Rizin establish some legit divisions using Vets and prospects.

He would be murked by USADA anyway

i love the card right now...i prefer tk than jiri...<cheer>

I hope for the alternate fight they have some fighters from a lower weight class. Hell, make it the winner of the Bennett/Kimura fight. Bennet vs. Baruto would be a sight to behold.

Who would be on their short list for OWGP alternates?

Back