Rizin Openweight Tournament

Either way they are not likely to produce a gp full of superstars, they worked together before so if they combined forces it would make an event to rival strikeforces hw gp (only better with jmma rules and multiple fights in one night)

Pure fantasy talk, wand, cc, arts and JLB are fighters I've loved for a long time, it'd be a dream come true to see them all in the same tournament.

Also I thought rizin was a bigger promotion???

Either way they are not likely to produce a gp full of superstars, they worked together before so if they combined forces it would make an event to rival strikeforces hw gp (only better with jmma rules and multiple fights in one night)

Pure fantasy talk, wand, cc, arts and JLB are fighters I've loved for a long time, it'd be a dream come true to see them all in the same tournament.

Also I thought rizin was a bigger promotion???
JLB and Aerts are 2 of the biggest names for ROAD's target audience, kick boxing is much more popular than MMA in China and they have names in Korea from their K-1 glory days. I agree that them putting their resources together could make for a better GP but they will both be able to get solid rosters together without each other. The only thing is that I wish ROAD had gone with their original idea of a below 155 GP (their below 155 roster has great talent without having to sign anyone).

ROAD has 30+ pro events and numerous ammy events, their last event pulled 30+ million viewers in China alone. They have deep pockets and huge sponsors backing them. I would say they are bigger than RIZIN at the moment and would argue they are bigger than ONE as well.

talked to king mo yesterday for awhile. he said he would love to be in this, but seriously doubts he will be in it unless they fix a couple of things

What about Dada 5000. He was looking not to good or bad against Kimbo...until he gassed.

Actually if anyone should be getting a bye in this tourney it's a dude like him.

What about Dada 5000. He was looking not to good or bad against Kimbo...until he gassed.

Actually if anyone should be getting a bye in this tourney it's a dude like him.
He nearly died in his last outing, and you want to potentially put him in there with Wand or Mirko in their most lethal enviroments?. I know you're just joking but thats a grim thought...

He nearly died in his last outing, and you want to potentially put him in there with Wand or Mirko in their most lethal enviroments?. I know you're just joking but thats a grim thought...

I imagine Wand and CC would either put him out faster than Kimbo did or get put out going for it. I'm only kinda kidding about the be put out part as both guys can't take damage like they used to.

Can't wait to see Baruto again, how the fuck does Wand stand a chance against that guy ?

Can't wait to see Baruto again, how the fuck does Wand stand a chance against that guy ?
I see Wand stands and trade punches with him or try to take down Baruto.

I see Wand stands and trade punches with him or try to take down Baruto.
I see Wand escaping from the bottom, and delivering some nasty soccer kicks to the big guy as he tries to get back up

I see Wand escaping from the bottom, and delivering some nasty soccer kicks to the big guy as he tries to get back up
Would be amazing: Wand consider to have a gameplan a sissy thing

Brett Rogers, Yosef Ali Mohammad, Denis Stojnic, Roque Martinez, Ricardo Prasel are all guys I wouldn't mind seeing in there to add some depth.

Brett Rogers, Yosef Ali Mohammad, Denis Stojnic, Roque Martinez, Ricardo Prasel are all guys I wouldn't mind seeing in there to add some depth.

Agree on the first 3, don't know the 2nd two but based of the other 3 I'm assuming they are good picks. All 3 guys bring something a little different.

Maldonado vs Cung Le

Maldonado isn't very good, but you're talking about a guy who just fought at HW vs a guy who should've fought at WW and is almost 10 years older with a very long layoff. We don't need those kind of mismatches.

UFC should add Hunt

Back