Rizin : I'm sold

It was a totally enjoyable event, and shows that if you present it properly, not every show needs to have top-ranked fighters competing for title contention. There's a market for MMA outside of the UFC, a promotion just needs to find their niche.

For RIZIN, it's re-cultivating the spirit of PRIDE and putting on JMMA as we love it with fighters who can entertain us.
+1

Who were the commentators? They had me cracking up during the Wanderlei vs Cro Cop announcement.

haha hope wanderlei hits the sauce before they meet he is wayyyy undersized to fight mirko at current!

Any way to watch a replay?

The entire event is still up on the frontpage

http://www.sherdog.com/events/Rizin-2-Rizin-Fighting-World-Grand-Prix-2016-Opening-Round-53681

Didn't get to see it. Matches to watch?

Also glad people like the entertainment aspect of an event. I constantly read people giving bellator shit for trying to add a ramp and big screen. Calling it more wwe.

That is what it's all about. Entertainment. Make an event a fuxking event.

All of it

JMMA fanboys love amateur looking MMA and pro wrestling like antics

Fake fans of the sport

Way to not enjoy fun, idiot.
You are wasting your time, he's one of those people that takes Chael's "fights in Japan don't count" crap seriously. In all likelihood he probably didn't even watch the event.

I like the Sakakiraba or Takada said. I don't care if you win I don't care if you loose I don't care about your record just fight with all your heart and all you have
Yeah thats awsome.In Ufc lose 3 or 4 fight = goodbye,Japanese just respect fighters more,thats big difference....They just wanna make great show...

It was a totally enjoyable event, and shows that if you present it properly, not every show needs to have top-ranked fighters competing for title contention. There's a market for MMA outside of the UFC, a promotion just needs to find their niche.

For RIZIN, it's re-cultivating the spirit of PRIDE and putting on JMMA as we love it with fighters who can entertain us.
Absolutely. The stories of the fighters that came to fight were very compelling for me.

Making of the Cro Cop and Wandy fight (even if it might of been staged) was amazing
Heath Herring is funny as a commentator
Seeing fighters from so many different countries that you don't usually see in the UFC (Lithuania, Poland)
Fights not so much on weight classes but just interesting styles.
And most importantly the Japanese audience was awesome! The respect between fighters and the fans was the most impressive aspect of everything.

Rizin is great. It's almost like Pride. I look it from the beginning to the end and enjoy the whole show, just like Pride. At UFC i look a fight or maybe two, and that's it. Thats two worlds, absolutely no comparable. I am very happy that Rizin is and am willing to pay to see it.

I like Rizin a lot for what it is, and enjoyed their past event. I like their production way more than UFC's. UFC shoud make a lot of changes in that regard.

But it's absurd to compare Rizin with UFC, as you could with Pride back in the day.
UFC's budget is in another league, and fighters fight for money.

Look at the event ufc has just sheduled in NY...it's crazy. If you take Rizin's event over that you are more about soap operas than a fight fan, honestly.

Last edited:
Rizin is great. It's almost like Pride. I look it from the beginning to the end and enjoy the whole show, just like Pride. At UFC i look a fight or maybe two, and that's it. Thats two worlds, absolutely no comparable. I am very happy that Rizin is and am willing to pay to see it.

It's definitely not like Pride, unless you dont give a fuck about the fight itself.

Let's not fool ourselves, Tanios-Prochazka or Baruto-Fujita was more about circling around and staring each other than anything else. And there were more like that. Sakuraba vs Aoki what the fuck was that...

lol at taking only one or two fights from an UFC card like the upcoming NYC event

I like Rizin a lot for what it is, and enjoyed their past event. I like their production way more than UFC's. UFC shoud make a lot of changes in that regard.

But it's absurd to compare Rizin with UFC, as you could do with Pride back in the day.
UFC's budget is in another league, and fighters fight for money.

Look at the event ufc has just sheduled in NY...it's crazy. If you take Rizin's event over that you are more about soap operas than a fight fan, honestly.

Rizen almost reminds me more of Dream than any other org. What Rizen needs, like every other MMA promotion, is fighters who casual fans will watch. Those fighters drive TV money, event sponsorship and the gate.

There were actually some truly quality matches hidden in all the fun everyone is talking about. Despite what UFC nerds will say, there's talent in that organization.

Erson was quality, Jiri was great even with injury, Moldovsky looks solid and he'll grow into a solid fighter, Bajor was impressive but will need to improve some aspects, Aliakbari is a fucking monster, Murata dominated and is a real prospect, and the only thing that ever stops Bennett from being great is his lack of discipline and focus.

My buddy and I are headed to the 29th/31st shows in Japan to help out the Aliakbari camp and generally help out. We had the UFC on tape delay to switch over to for downtime at Rizin.... switched over 2-3 times and were thoroughly focused on our phones while UFC was on. Yes, the guys are great in that league, but they're also mostly trying not to lose and the whole thing lacks entertainment value 70% of the time... and that's from guys who work in the industry and support all fighters.

On your UFC comment.....not losing is kind of the point of fighting in most parts of the world. I get what your saying, but also in the UFC your seeing much more higher and more evenly based talent with alot to gain and lose. When you watch something like RFA you see more fighters going balls to the wall. Part of it is they have nothing to lose and part of it is they don't respect the fighters skill across the cage cause they know little to nothing about the fighter's skill. So you get more action usually and many times does come off entertaining. But at the same time your not really getting top talent vs top talent. In all sports the highest level will usually have some aspect of "playing it safe" more often than not.

Part of that is what makes JMMA entertaining. But at the same time the fan rarely gets two top guys squaring off. Hopefully Rizin continues to build itself.

Congrats on your work over there. Since you have some insight over there has Rizin got a real TV contract yet?

Cyborg should go to Rizin. Unlike Americans: The Japanese would adore her.

I had fun watching a couple fights last night, nice to see and I'm glad Rizin is around but I'm not gonna ignore the fact that they are lesser fighters then I'm used to watching.

Was is fun watching Wandy and Crazy horse stir up old shit? Yes very. Was it impressive watching crazy horse TKO a 0-0 fighter? Not really. Was it cringeworthy when that 0-0 fighter did the Wandy hand thing and nearly cried after losing? Yes most definitely. Also the Cro Cop/Wanderlei negotiation was visibly uncomfortable for both haha.

All in all though it's fun entertainment and I imagine higher quality fighters will come. It was pretty kickass to see all those banners of different orgs hang though you just don't see that kind of cross promotion anymore.

I had fun watching a couple fights last night, nice to see and I'm glad Rizin is around but I'm not gonna ignore the fact that they are lesser fighters then I'm used to watching.

Was is fun watching Wandy and Crazy horse stir up old shit? Yes very. Was it impressive watching crazy horse TKO a 0-0 fighter? Not really. Was it cringeworthy when that 0-0 fighter did the Wandy hand thing and nearly cried after losing? Yes most definitely. Also the Cro Cop/Wanderlei negotiation was visibly uncomfortable for both haha.

All in all though it's fun entertainment and I imagine higher quality fighters will come. It was pretty kickass to see all those banners of different orgs hang though you just don't see that kind of cross promotion anymore.

Minoru Kimura is a top kickboxer in the world. It was a huge upset by Bennet.

But yeah, overall the level of competition isnt that high

Here is a lot healthier life.Not too much cloned Clonor topics,only 2-3,i can handle with few...

JMMA fanboys love amateur looking MMA and pro wrestling like antics

Fake fans of the sport
994868_144339765771048_1511979023_n.jpg

Back