Rizin : I'm sold

If it had been Mauro and Bas it would be have been life changingly good. For me it was all about a select few fights. I love to see Gabi Garcia win. I know people love to criticize her for her size but it is what it is and I think she's undergone an amazing transformation. Glad to see her win. The Krazy Horse experience was genuinely insane and adds to another long list of epic moments in the career of a mad man. I would love to see him get a fat paycheck to fight Wanderlei after Wandy gets murked by Cro Cop and then ride off into the sunset. Lastly it was nice to see Cro Cop transition from brutal ground and pound to arm-triangle so seamlessly. As a long time Cro Cop fan I love seeing him get any win he can get regardless of the level of competition.

I prefer the cage, unless they were to use something like the M-1 ring; but otherwise the presentation is so much better. Love the style of KSW & Kunlun also. Makes the UFC seem dingy by comparison.

This is the most fun I had watching MMA since a long time. Loved the presentation, the fights, the happy vibe, the lighthearted approach of the commentators, and just the whole of Rizin's GP. Being a nelatively new MMA fan who never got to see pride in its heyday, I finally get why Pride has so many hardcore fans.

Fuck the haters.

WAR Rizin ! War JMMA !

a72e4ea2471b8d281c3f13bf94699cc7.gif

All they need is a special Japanese fighter like Sakuraba or Kid Yamamoto, or that kid with the big fucking head and we rolling again. They have to be hiding some talent in shoots or Pancras some where. Feed them some fucking hgh and roids and let it all go. Yeeessssss!!!

Yeah It really would be great if they had someone like Doo Ho Choi in their ranks to create a new wave

Last edited:
Not sold yet. Still more freak show than serious.

I have been missing JMMA for a while. Glad its back.

Tired of seeing people post this garbage.JMMA never left. Pride, Rizin, Sengoku, Heroes, Dream, those were all outliers, and not representative of the real JMMA scene. If you want JMMA, go watch Shooto or Pancrase on fight Pass, or a Deep stream when you can find it.

This is the most fun I had watching MMA since a long time. Loved the presentation, the fights, the happy vibe, the lighthearted approach of the commentators, and just the whole of Rizin's GP. Being a nelatively new MMA fan who never got to see pride in its heyday, I finally get why Pride has so many hardcore fans.

Fuck the haters.

WAR Rizin ! War JMMA !

Great post!

Entertainment/10 will keep watching as long as free HD streams.

in theory, Rizin is hit or miss

if you watch Rizin and aren't entertained, then kick rocks, you're a piece of shit.

I enjoyed it. These Rizin shows have been very entertaining. I don't think it'll last a long time, but I'll keep watching. It's a fun alternative to the UFC.

Who were the commentators? They had me cracking up during the Wanderlei vs Cro Cop announcement.

Last edited:
Didn't get to see it. Matches to watch?

Also glad people like the entertainment aspect of an event. I constantly read people giving bellator shit for trying to add a ramp and big screen. Calling it more wwe.

That is what it's all about. Entertainment. Make an event a fuxking event.

There were actually some truly quality matches hidden in all the fun everyone is talking about. Despite what UFC nerds will say, there's talent in that organization.

Erson was quality, Jiri was great even with injury, Moldovsky looks solid and he'll grow into a solid fighter, Bajor was impressive but will need to improve some aspects, Aliakbari is a fucking monster, Murata dominated and is a real prospect, and the only thing that ever stops Bennett from being great is his lack of discipline and focus.

My buddy and I are headed to the 29th/31st shows in Japan to help out the Aliakbari camp and generally help out. We had the UFC on tape delay to switch over to for downtime at Rizin.... switched over 2-3 times and were thoroughly focused on our phones while UFC was on. Yes, the guys are great in that league, but they're also mostly trying not to lose and the whole thing lacks entertainment value 70% of the time... and that's from guys who work in the industry and support all fighters.

Who were the commentators? Both of them had me cracking up during the Wanderlei vs Cro Cop announcement.

Heath Herring and Joe Ferrero. They were not great. Not terrible, but man Herring just says opposite-day things during the fights. Ferrero has a crush on Herring which is a little annoying. But it's not Jon Anik so I approve.

Still, give @PajamaChase the job and everyone will tune in just for commentary.

the focus on the family is so awesome, especially in defeat.

And they gave one of the winners a free year supply of cup of noodles.

Gotta love that.

Fuck the haters.

WAR Rizin ! War JMMA !

Your forgetting the most important element...

They don't let the fights stall for long and the ring makes it more dynamic/less smothering

UFC has gotten terrible at this. They'll let guys hold onto a position for like over a minute when they should stop it after like 10 seconds of inactivity.

The Cage is more like a real fight. Your more likely to get pressed against a wall than find a bounce able surface. But the ring rlly makes for dynamic fights with fighters bouncing off the ropes and a more stand-up focused style instead of cage smothering clinches for minutes.

Everyone should go the Shoot Boxing route in that regard.
Your forgetting the most important element...

They don't let the fights stall for long and the ring makes it more dynamic/less smothering

UFC has gotten terrible at this. They'll let guys hold onto a position for like over a minute when they should stop it after like 10 seconds of inactivity.

The Cage is more like a real fight. Your more likely to get pressed against a wall than find a bounce able surface. But the ring rlly makes for dynamic fights with fighters bouncing off the ropes and a more stand-up focused style instead of cage smothering clinches for minutes.
I found the Baruto break in the corner to be fast because I thought he was working. Better pace than that Kongo vs Johnson from a couple weeks ago.

Watching UFC
giphy.gif

Watching DEEP/Grachan/Krush
giphy.gif

Watching Rizin
giphy.gif

Just about right.

Any chance you and Sakaibara can get a deal on viewing rights/membership? If so you just got another subscriber, they need a way to monetize content to the rest of the World if they are going to keep holding these events.

Using services like NicoNico and the like make no sense when most CC holders get rejected. I work in fintech and I swear I felt like shooting Sakakibara when trying to find a way to buy April's event (not possible outside of Japan). We can do better.

And ideally put on more than 2-3 a year, which make your third pic be more like:

giphy.gif

I want to be swept away by Bob SAPUUUUUU!!!!

Watching UFC
giphy.gif

Watching DEEP/Grachan/Krush
giphy.gif

Watching Rizin
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556