RIZIN Going to Take Legal Action Against Jerome Le Banner

E

Edwin

Noboyuki Sakakibara has said he is going to take legal action against Jerome Le Banner for having appeared at the INOKI BOM-BA-YE event on NYE at Sumo Hall.

RIZIN has originally announced Le Banner would be fighting Baruto at the RIZIN NYE event, however Le Banner claims he had never reached an agreement with them over the fight and that he never had signed a contract for the fight.

Despite claims from both sides, Le Banner did make an appearance at the INOKI BOM-BA-YE event as a special guest attendee and he did greet Oli Thompson after having defeated Fernando Rodrigues Jr. in the main event in the finals of the IGF WORLD GRAND PRIX 2015 Tournament.

Le Banner representatives also expressed he is currently going through a left foot injury which would've also kept him out of the fight even if he had reached an agreement with RIZIN.

He also put down any rumors of possibly being offered a fight with Fedor on NYE as he was scheduled to fight Baruto.

Sakakibara on the other hand claims he is going to take legal action against Le Banner for breach of contract.

I can't confirm if a contract was indeed signed or not as both sides claim differently regarding the matter.

Where did you read about this? It is good to know that Rizin is taking legal action and not just brushing it under the rug (would imply they didn't want to pay him).

If Zuffa did this people would call them Nazis.

But I'm sure the guy who's chummy with the Yakuza is telling the truth here and not trying to bully an athlete. It's not even like he fought at the other event.

But I'm sure the guy who's chummy with the Yakuza is telling the truth here and not trying to bully an athlete. It's not even like he fought at the other event.

If you watched the first event, Sakakibara had to weirdly announce Baruto/Aerts. So I would tend to believe him here. Aerts said he was taking the fight at the last minute as a favor to Sakakibara. He fought with a fucked up leg. I don't buy Le Banner's story at all.

I don't know about that. If AA backed out of tonights fight, then went and appeared at a Bellator event tonight (if there was one) Zuffa would sue his tits off, and almost everyone would say, "he signed the contract, Zuffa is a business"

I'm going to wait until the court case is done before I take sides. I would be leaning towards taking JLB's side, but he said he was scheduled to fight Baruto, and that they didn't reach an agreement... He's contradicting himself. The official excuse I heard, was that they never reached an agreement, so why does it matter if his foot was hurt or not?

I don't know about that. If AA backed out of tonights fight, then went and appeared at a Bellator event tonight (if there was one) Zuffa would sue his tits off, and almost everyone would say, "he signed the contract, Zuffa is a business"

I'm going to wait until the court case is done before I take sides. I would be leaning towards taking JLB's side, but he said he was scheduled to fight Baruto, and that they didn't reach an agreement... He's contradicting himself. The official excuse I heard, was that they never reached an agreement, so why does it matter if his foot was hurt or not?

I think Banner is saying even if he had signed to fight that he would have had to pull out anyway.

I don't think it's a contradiction that he was scheduled to fight but that they haven't reached a deal yet. UFC jumps the gun and announces things that aren't 100% done a few times a year.

I think Banner is saying even if he had signed to fight that he would have had to pull out anyway.

I don't think it's a contradiction that he was scheduled to fight but that they haven't reached a deal yet. UFC jumps the gun and announces things that aren't 100% done a few times a year.

Probably, but you can't use that excuse the day after the event. It doesn't sound like Sakakibara knew he was injured. And if he was contracted to fight for them, he shouldn't show up at the competitors event.

You could be right about the second part, but if Sakakibara has no contract or nothing to prove that JLB agreed to the fight then why's he suing?

There's no contradiction.

Sakakibara claims he agreed to fight.

Le Banner claims he didn't agree to fight.

Le Banner said if he had agreed to fight, he still wouldn't have been able to due to the injury.

He said he wasn't offered the Fedor fight because he was scheduled to face Baruto. So he knew about their plans for him. It sounds like he might've agreed to the fight, perhaps through e-mail, text, or over the phone. Maybe he was supposed to sign the contract when he arrived in Japan?

It doesn't sound like he informed Rizin of his injury either, but who knows.

I just don't see why Sakakibara would be suing him if he didn't think JLB screwed them over. Maybe he's trying to send a message, but what would that message be? Don't get injured and back out... it's possible, who knows. like I said I'll wait to see how it plays out before I point any fingers

Edit: To sum I up, I don't get why Sakakibara wold sue him because he didn't accept a fight. There has to be more to it

Last edited:
Noboyuki Sakakibara has said he is going to take legal action against Jerome Le Banner for having appeared at the INOKI BOM-BA-YE event on NYE at Sumo Hall.

RIZIN has originally announced Le Banner would be fighting Baruto at the RIZIN NYE event, however Le Banner claims he had never reached an agreement with them over the fight and that he never had signed a contract for the fight.

Despite claims from both sides, Le Banner did make an appearance at the INOKI BOM-BA-YE event as a special guest attendee and he did greet Oli Thompson after having defeated Fernando Rodrigues Jr. in the main event in the finals of the IGF WORLD GRAND PRIX 2015 Tournament.

Le Banner representatives also expressed he is currently going through a left foot injury which would've also kept him out of the fight even if he had reached an agreement with RIZIN.

He also put down any rumors of possibly being offered a fight with Fedor on NYE as he was scheduled to fight Baruto.

Sakakibara on the other hand claims he is going to take legal action against Le Banner for breach of contract.

I can't confirm if a contract was indeed signed or not as both sides claim differently regarding the matter.

So he never reached an agreement and never signed a contract for the Baruto fight, but denied the possibility of a Fedor fight because he was scheduled to fight Baruto?

What?

Doesn't make sense.

Not good so early in their history. Hopefully they can settle for some fights from JLB. Also what is the situation between IGF and Rizin? It seems strained to say the least.

he is not gonna anything

just like he was suppoce to sue zuffa after they closed down pride

its just blustering

Did you sign the contract, big boy? Did you sign the contract??

JLB got the money. he is reportedly worth around 770 million....you read that right

What? How did JLB get so much money? I once read he was worth 200 million and couldn't believe it
I forget where I came across this link in 2015 but it was a French website I had to translate it. but yea he is worth big money

I forget where I came across this link in 2015 but it was a French website I had to translate it. but yea he is worth big money
Good for him. He must be the one of the best fighter-turned-investors there is

Good for him. He must be the one of the best fighter-turned-investors there is
Jerome has always been a favorite of mine. He's still a relatively young guy I hope he stays retired

"Jerome le banner is worth hundreds of millions of dollars"

*provides no proof to absolutely ridiculous claim*

Back