Rizin: Fights to Make for April Event

ThunderL1ps

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
What sort of bouts do you see Rizin booking for their April event? With Jerome Le Banner and Marie Gabert making appearances you know they are more than likely have opponents lined up.

For starters this is what I have off the top of my head:

Gabi Garcia vs. Jazzy Alpha Female (as advertised)

Jerome Le Banner vs. Heath Herring (two combat favs in Japan)

Amir Alliakbari vs. Shane Carwin (match that should have happened on NYE)

Tenshin Nasukawa vs. Joe Warren (the best thing last two Rizin events vs. the worst)

Baruto vs. Alexander Lungru (how does Baruto handle someone his own size?)

Rena vs. Rin Nakai

Shinya Aoki vs. Kron Gracie

Notable omissions:

Cro Cop (injured)

Wanderlei Silva (injured and/or starting contract with Bellator in May)

What do you have?

Will we be seeing Shane Carwin anytime soon? If we do, my respect will go down for the RIzin brass. How can you blacklist someone and then reneg on it a few months later. Carwin apparently broke protocol by never informing people he was having personal issues and might need a replacement back up, and then fking bailed at the last minute.

Will we be seeing Shane Carwin anytime soon? If we do, my respect will go down for the RIzin brass. How can you blacklist someone and then reneg on it a few months later. Carwin apparently broke protocol by never informing people he was having personal issues and might need a replacement back up, and then fking bailed at the last minute.

I don't recall reading he was blacklisted, only that Carwin wasn't a part of the event due to personal problems. It is up to Rizin whether they bring him back or not. I wouldn't hold it against them whatsoever if they didn't offer him another opportunity if Carwin simply chose not to communicate with the organization.

Not a good way to start any sort of business relationship.

I would like to see that high school girl that lost the fight take on a simmilar opponent someone like 19 year old Hana Date

That would be great

Her sister but not really sister 13 year old Karen Date should make her debut in RIZIN in 2017 and can fight an overseas opponent for experience

I think Rin Nakai vs RENA will never happen for
obvious reasons

Also how come you did not mention the obvious fight which is Hideo Tokoro vs Kid Yamamoto? That fight will probably happen and I cannot believe you failed to mention/suggest it

Baruto should face Ken Hasegawa

I don't recall reading he was blacklisted, only that Carwin wasn't a part of the event due to personal problems. It is up to Rizin whether they bring him back or not. I wouldn't hold it against them whatsoever if they didn't offer him another opportunity if Carwin simply chose not to communicate with the organization.

Not a good way to start any sort of business relationship.

Didn't they say he will never fight in Japan again?
That seems to imply that with what he pulled off, no other Japanese org would hire him either. No one wants to risk hiring a fighter and having them pull out, even though he's not injured but emotionally-compromised but never bothered to mention it before it was too late.

Didn't they say he will never fight in Japan again?
That seems to imply that with what he pulled off, no other Japanese org would hire him either. No one wants to risk hiring a fighter and having them pull out, even though he's not injured but emotionally-compromised but never bothered to mention it before it was too late.

Again, that's news to me.

If that is how Carwin conducts his business I don't blame the company for not giving him another chance.

I thought they had blacklisted LeBanner too after Rizin 2015 show?

Carwin will never fight in Rizin

Mirko should retire on top

Aliakbari vs Baruto.

Rin Nakai has 10 lbs of muscle on Rena and would ragdoll her.

Didn't see him in the ring, only in the audience

I can't remember at which point he went in, but Rizin was probably trying to buy some time and Le Banner went into the ring and said that he plans on fighting for them in 2017 and that his injuries are a thing of the past.

I want to see more of Andy Nguyen

<{yearp}>

no but seriously, Nguyen, Kyra Batara, Rena

Gabi Garcia only if she fights Jazzy or Katsiaryna

Kron gracie vs shinya aoki(or save this for nye) or satoru kitaoka

Rena vs. Rin Nakai
Probably won't happen. I believe Rena is a star there and they'll probably feed her with opponents at her own weight.
On the other hand... Thinking now... There's a slight possibility of Rena vs Satoko Shinashi this year... Small opponent... good record... only fight cans... Hmm...

They need some new people brought in. Mostly the same fighters every show.

Probably won't happen. I believe Rena is a star there and they'll probably feed her with opponents at her own weight.
On the other hand... Thinking now... There's a slight possibility of Rena vs Satoko Shinashi this year... Small opponent... good record... only fight cans... Hmm...

Rena has too many fights now. Since her "return" in 2014, Shinashi hasn't fought anyone with more than a single fight on their record.

They need some new people brought in. Mostly the same fighters every show.

Rena has too many fights now. Since her "return" in 2014, Shinashi hasn't fought anyone with more than a single fight on their record.
Well, i thought about that because she occasionally (more like rarely) fights people that are not cans... Like when she fought Hisae Watanabe, Sachiko Yamamoto and Fukuko Hamada (on those last two, they were both with a good cartel at the time). It could be possible... But checking her career, i can see that she's quite envolved with DEEP and i don't think DEEP has good relations with RIZIN...

Back