RIZIN FIGHTING WORLD GRAND PRIX 2017 Women's Super Atomweight Tournament 1st ROUND - Thread

Wicky and Souwer is a fun fight.

Rena makes me feel all weird inside.

There is a Rizin presser tonight. I guess it will be bout order.

Sakuraba vs Frank Shamrock announced because Hendo injured his neck in training, still under grappling rules.
Also REINA vs some ex football player and Pan Am winner called Crystal Stokes (sp?) making her pro debut, and Le Banner fighting under MMA rules.

Last edited:
Also announced
King Reina vs Crystal Stokes
Jerome Le Banner vs Roque Martinez

They are saying Stokes trains with Cyborg. Martinez is current DEEP Megaton champ and former PXC champ. Shinju Auclair was planned to be on this event but recently moved across the US and is still getting settled in so they decided to give her more time.

Last edited:
They are saying Stokes trains with Cyborg.

Yeah I wonder whether that's true, I just watched an interview with her where she claims to train under Mark Munoz; maybe they met in Phuket or sth. and sparred a bit and Sakakibara is spinning things a bit to increase interest in the fight.

Also, if he's in any kind of shape I actually prefer Frank Shamrock fighting Sakuraba.

Yeah I wonder whether that's true, I just watched an interview with her where she claims to train under Mark Munoz; maybe they met in Phuket or sth. and sparred a bit and Sakakibara is spinning things a bit to increase interest in the fight.

Also, if he's in any kind of shape I actually prefer Frank Shamrock fighting Sakuraba.
Probably, I'm sure she has trained with Cyborg before but like you said, to what extent?

Frank is a way more interesting opponent for a grappling match to me, wasn't really that interested in Hendo under grappling rules.

Cyborg or Cyborg's ghostwriter is tweeting about the matchup. She also tweeted out a video interview of Stokes.

I just looked at her RIZIN profile and she's listed as Team Cyborg, the bio also mentions Cyborg and compares her physique to Gabi. She was a pro bodybuilder and played football before beginning training with Cyborg. She's old at 38 but is huge, 6'0" and over 165 lbs.

Last edited:
Also announced
King Reina vs Crystal Stokes
Jerome Le Banner vs Roque Martinez

They are saying Stokes trains with Cyborg. Martinez is current DEEP Megaton champ and former PXC champ. Shinju Auclair was planned to be on this event but recently moved across the US and is still getting settled in so they decided to give her more time.

Nice! It is like 18 fights total now?

Buying the ppv here

I wish their GPs crowned a champ. Like CC would be the OW champ and some 300 pound beast can try to go after him. Lungu or something. Anyways I don't care about the wmma tournament but Tenshin is one of the only things in JMMA that is must watch tv for me. I love that he keeps taking fights and he keeps fighting kickboxing too. I really like his style and hope he eventually goes to full MMA but I like what he's doing now. I'll watch Kawajiri for curiosity but he should probably be done.

They just announced Wicky Nishiura vs Andy Souwer under MMA rules, so we're now at 14 fights + Auclair vs TBA.

Wicky will stand with him for sure. He's got a very unusual style but has a heck of a chin on him too. I remember seeing him forever ago thinking he was going to be big in mma, it never happened but it's still a good challenge for a guy with only a 2-2 mma record.

Still says 10am on fite app for me...was hoping they change it to live just to be sure of actual live streaming.

Still says 10am on fite app for me...was hoping they change it to live just to be sure of actual live streaming.
I emailed the PR of FiteTV a month back he said it would live. They haven't changed the clock yet for some reason.

Back