RIZIN FIGHTING WORLD GRAND PRIX 2017 Women's Super Atomweight Tournament 1st ROUND - Thread

I'm only up to the Akhmed fight but my god this has been a great event. I only recently gotten back into MMA and I wasn't even aware of Rizen, but I'm so happy I downloaded the FITE app and gave it a shot. Best part is the event was free thanks to just one friend using my invite code and he got it for free too since they got $20 in free credits.

Really loved the opening kickboxing matches too. Great way to warm up the crowd.

Last edited:
Sucks's about Moon's loss. Japanese always keeping the Koreans down.

Can't believe they let Andy rep KOTC with her top like that.

They always let fighters who are reaping other organizations do that, as part of the "Rizin fighting network" thing. Nguyen did it before, Felony did it, Moon's shorts had Road FC on them. I mean, they're using other organizations contracted fighters, they gotta give something in return.

Why didn't Angela Lee compete in this tournament?

1.Not an Atomweight
2.I don't think ONE is connected with RIZIN

She started as an Atomweight. She had to move up because of One FC's new weight cutting rules. Almost everyone had to move up 1 weight class. While fighters like Rena & others are cutting weight for making 105, Angela is fighting at her walking weight of 115.

<TrumpWrong1>

She's never four any lower than 115. Look up her record on Tapology.

I really liked both Oliveras on the card, I think Maria looks like a good up and comer. I feel bad for the booty (alyssa) but she just wasnt listening like she did in her last fight to her corner. I thought she had the armbar but damn fun fight. RENA is a beast, superstar for sure. I thought aside from King Reina and the saku/frank thing it was an amazing card. I was shamed when those kids where kickboxing and they said they where 19...I have wasted my life lol.

Asakura looked really good as well. JLB looked giant, like you know that guy would murder if only he connected, roque did the only thing he could have done I was about to shake my head before he went for the takedown.

Really thought Moon pulled it off, but a close fight.

And jeebus could birchank be anymore obnoxious with his, well in my fight (I get it, you want to show you have experience and have been in there), it was just to much. It wasn't to the point where I would turn it off but even my girl was like...you lost GTFO and over it.

They always let fighters who are reaping other organizations do that, as part of the "Rizin fighting network" thing. Nguyen did it before, Felony did it, Moon's shorts had Road FC on them. I mean, they're using other organizations contracted fighters, they gotta give something in return.
I think the mentality here is that if our guys win, we look superior and if our guys lose, theres a new guy to beat. They did the same thing for Chuck Liddell in that MWGP he competed in. He walked in with a UFC jersey and wasn't Dana on the english commentary?

I think the mentality here is that if our guys win, we look superior and if our guys lose, theres a new guy to beat. They did the same thing for Chuck Liddell in that MWGP he competed in. He walked in with a UFC jersey and wasn't Dana on the english commentary?
Rising doesn't have enough fighters on their own, so formed this "network" that is supposed to benefit both Rizin and the other partners mutually. How it has helped the other organizations has yet to be seen, however.

Best part of the card was that Black guy disrespecting the enitire Yamamoto clan and just downright annihilating Erson's career prospects LOL.

It was a shame he had to act nice in the end he could have started a storyline in which he feuds against Krazy Bee who all try to act black but are freaking Japanese. Missed opportunity by RIZIN there they should have told him to show 0 respect.

Really dislike how the Yamamotos try to act black/Gangsta and dislike thier tatooes and fake hair/fake breast implants (sorry, Miyuu) and everything about how they act/look

It was nice to see them get disrepected like that.

Also Korean guy and Andy got screwed...I get screwing the Korean guy but Andy was the aggressor and did way more damage and should have won..they are really playing with fire here by disrepecting Andy like that he may just not agree to fight anymore for them

Pacing was great as well they got rid of or severally restricted the pre-fight videos and introduction part which really helped with the pacing of this 16 fight card

Sucks's about Moon's loss. Japanese always keeping the Koreans down.

1.Not an Atomweight
2.I don't think ONE is connected with RIZIN

<TrumpWrong1>

She's never four any lower than 115. Look up her record on Tapology.
Think Rena would beat Meiko Askara's stunt double imo, but any combination of Rena ,Ham, or Lee would be fuego.

Back