RIZIN FIGHTING WORLD GRAND PRIX 2017 Women's Super Atomweight Tournament 1st ROUND - Thread

BW GP
Je Hoon Moon vs Kevin Petshi

Moon is a solid vet from ROAD, I don't think he can hang with Kawajiri, Horiguchi, or maybe Ishiwatari but will be a good test for everyone else. I don't know much about Petshi but he has a decent looking record, though he's lost to the notable names he fought.

57kg
Tenshin Nasukawa vs Yamato Fujita

Couldn't find a boxing record for Fujita but if you search his name you will find a lot of footage for him. Looks like he's doing his MMA training at Reversal Gym Shinjuku Me, We and getting work in with Kizaemon, Kanako, and Shizuka Sugiyama.

3 kickboxing bouts
Ryota Renseigym vs Yoshihisa Morimoto
Yuuki vs Kuroki Darvish
Issei Ishii vs Jin Mandokoro

I recognize a few of the kickboxing names but I'm not overly familiar with them

Last edited:
I dont mind the addition of kickboxing bouts. Fukuoka area prefers kickboxing over mma anyway.

For those unfamiliar with Je Hoon Moon, here's his last fight, where he knocked out undefeated prospect Kai Asakura by 3rd round KO. Sakakibara was in attendance that night.

What were the ticket sales looking like? I saw they sold out of the cheapest one a few weeks back.

There is a presser coming up in 2 hours
I bought mine on stubhub awhile back on the 2nd day of availability - A class i think. It was almost sold out and there were like less than 10 left. It's Japan though so I think they distribute the tix to various retailers (ticket pia etc). Not sure how well those did but since several big names are on the card i'm not surprised it's doing very well.

I'm not sure what to make of the kickboxing fights. Wish they reduced the no. of fights and brought in maybe Andy Souwer instead to fight a striker.

The Darvish dude has to be related to the Dodgers' Yuu Darvish right?

For those unfamiliar with Je Hoon Moon, here's his last fight, where he knocked out undefeated prospect Kai Asakura by 3rd round KO. Sakakibara was in attendance that night.

Moon is a tough journeyman, this is going to be a striking match for sure.

I'm not sure what to make of the kickboxing fights. Wish they reduced the no. of fights and brought in maybe Andy Souwer instead to fight a striker.

The Darvish dude has to be related to the Dodgers' Yuu Darvish right?
The kickboxing is just to play to the local audience, half of them are from Fukuoka and Yuuki is a pretty well known guy in the area.

Didn't Yu Darvish's brother get knocked silly in one of the gangster promotions years ago? I think it was in OUTSIDER but I don't remember.

Also I was looking up some info on Fujita, looks like he was an amateur All Japan boxing champion and is from a family of boxers.

BW GP
Je Hoon Moon vs Kevin Petshi

Moon is a solid vet from ROAD, I don't think he can hang with Kawajiri, Horiguchi, or maybe Ishiwatari but will be a good test for everyone else. I don't know much about Petshi but he has a decent looking record, though he's lost to the notable names he fought.

57kg
Tenshin Nasukawa vs Yamato Fujita

Couldn't find a boxing record for Fujita but if you search his name you will find a lot of footage for him. Looks like he's doing his MMA training at Reversal Gym Shinjuku Me, We and getting work in with Kizaemon, Kanako, and Shizuka Sugiyama.

3 kickboxing bouts
Ryota Renseigym vs Yoshihisa Morimoto
Yuuki vs Kuroki Darvish
Issei Ishii vs Jin Mandokoro

I recognize a few of the kickboxing names but I'm not overly familiar with them

poor guy Tenshin, not allowed to fight kickboxing under Sakakibara.

Issei Ishii fight should be a banger.

Last edited:
Got a chance to update the fight card...

Added:

Moon Jae Hoon vs. Kevin Petshi
Tenshin Nasukawa vs. Yamato Fujita
Issei Ishii vs. Jin Mandokoro - Kickboxing Rules
Yuki vs. Darvish Kuroki - Kickboxing Rules
RYOTA RENSEIGYM vs. Yoshihisa "Kyoken" Morimoto - Kickboxing Rules

Moon jae hoon lost to Thiago silva, the Brazilian the dude who Main evented the very last acb event in Kazakhstan and won by sub. Moon lost to Thiago but if u watch the fight, moon jae hoon was fkin fucking him up the whole time until he got taken down and then submitted. That was the very time when I started watching moon jae hoons fights.

Moon's wins are better than his losses, very inconsistent.

“The Destroyer” has had all but one of his MMA fights in the new Japanese upstart promotion Rizin FC, where he has twice lost by submission. During the interview it was obvious that the match making process and negotiations for his next fight were not going well.

“They don’t give me any opportunity to perform and to accomplish my goals step by step. They give me, for example, the next veteran from the UFC with almost 30 MMA fights. I think they are just using me and they are using my name.”

http://www.fightmag.com.au/2017/07/11/kickboxing-andy-souwer-fightbox-podcast/

I hope this doesn't mean we don't see Souwer in Japan again. He won a recent MMA fight in Holland and i think he can do well if matched against the right opponents (ie not a wrestler)

“The Destroyer” has had all but one of his MMA fights in the new Japanese upstart promotion Rizin FC, where he has twice lost by submission. During the interview it was obvious that the match making process and negotiations for his next fight were not going well.

“They don’t give me any opportunity to perform and to accomplish my goals step by step. They give me, for example, the next veteran from the UFC with almost 30 MMA fights. I think they are just using me and they are using my name.”

http://www.fightmag.com.au/2017/07/11/kickboxing-andy-souwer-fightbox-podcast/

I hope this doesn't mean we don't see Souwer in Japan again. He won a recent MMA fight in Holland and i think he can do well if matched against the right opponents (ie not a wrestler)

The Daron Cruickshank matchmaking for Souwer was rough, but the Miyata one was decent. Souwer is a bigger name than those two Rizin losses, so I think they were trying to build him up fast. They rushed Baby Yamamoto as well with him facing Kron Gracie and Hideo Tokoro.

Where you at @tinobar, aren't you glad we have a good chance of seeing Kawajiri on the rest of this year's RIZIN events?

Kawajiri is back on the winning sauce.

If there are no freakshows on this card it would be hard to order it..cmon RIZIN

Asakura is the only fighter that has any appeal for me right now, I have watched every RIZIN event live. If they drop the freak fights they will lose all their fans.

Why can't we have a teenager girl tournament filled with Asakuras rather than with boring woman that have distasteful bleached hair and tattoos?

Does Rizin understand what having a theme is ? "autuum people" is not a theme that matches the fights that have been booked. I would not mind a tournament filled with grannies who were stars of the 90s JMMA woman's scene that would be fitting with the "autuum people" thing

but having just another tournament full of regular fighters without any central theme is pretty depressing

Why can't they do do "spring tournament" full of 18 years old and "Autuum tournament" full of grannies ? Don't they understand what narrative and theme are?

MMA without narrative and theme MMA is just human cockfighting and the public and also me in particular aren't really that interested in watching human cockfighting cause the best human cockfighting can be found elsewhere and anyway we are all pretty sick of this human cockfighting thing...it's not what got people initially into watching MMA..it was styles vs styles or it was a fight between two famous people..

Fuck you made me LOL. Perfectly captured a certain aspect of JMMA.

They just announced Wicky Nishiura vs Andy Souwer under MMA rules, so we're now at 14 fights + Auclair vs TBA.

Wicky won't punk out like Cruickshank did and will actually strike with Souwer, good match making

I thought Wicky beat Yashabo on Road to Japan. Part of me is glad we got "ilymb", but Wicky would have been a shit ton of fun fighting Artem Lobov or whoever.

I guess you kinda got your wish with Souwer appearing on the card.

Wicky vs Souwer should be fun.

Back