RIZIN FIGHTING WORLD GRAND PRIX 2017 Bantamweight Tournament 2nd ROUND - December 29 - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
RIZIN just announced a press conference for tomorrow, viewable as usual (youtube + facebook).

They will announce Horiguchi's opponent and 2 more fights.
I hope is Gabriel Oliveira

I hope is Gabriel Oliveira

I agree. He made a good impression, and even though by the letter of his contract he wasnt guaranteed a spot in the GP if he beat Kawajiri, it would leave kind of a sour aftertaste if they didnt put him up as an alternate at least.
RIZIN have already said that they intend to keep him around, but not in what way specifically.

I agree. He made a good impression, and even though by the letter of his contract he wasnt guaranteed a spot in the GP if he beat Kawajiri, it would leave kind of a sour aftertaste if they didnt put him up as an alternate at least.
RIZIN have already said that they intend to keep him around, but not in what way specifically.
Yep he destroyed the guy they brought to face Horoguchi! I’ll be a travesty if he is not included imo

Rizin said it is exploring their streaming/tv options for international viewers. If they don't find anything else it will be FiteTV again.

Rizin said it is exploring their streaming/tv options for international viewers. If they don't find anything else it will be FiteTV again.
They should stay with fite at this moment imo. I don’t think people will pay more that 15-20 bucks to watch their product right now. Plus axs tv doesn’t show anything international like the old days of Sengoku and dream

Horiguchi vs Gabriel Oliveira is the final BW GP quarterfinal matchup

Birchak vs Jae Hoon Moon as an alternate bout

Jiri Prochazka vs Karl Albrektsson

3 solid fights, good to see Oliveira got the final spot and to have Jiri back

Can someone tell me, are they doing multiple grand prix rounds on Dec 29-31 or is everyone just fighting once that weekend and then they'll continue 2018?

Can someone tell me, are they doing multiple grand prix rounds on Dec 29-31 or is everyone just fighting once and then they'll continue 2018?
The GPs will wrap up on NYE with the semis and finals

Could you elaborate a little more? Will they do 2 fights on 29th and than the finals on 31st?
Bantamweight quarterfinals on the 29th. Semis and finals of both GPs on the 31st

Bantamweight quarterfinals on the 29th. Semis and finals of both GPs on the 31st
I am so fn excited than.

But seriously, for some of these guys to win they have to go through absolute hell.

Last edited:
I am so fn excited than.

But seriously, for some of these guys to win they have to go through absolute hell.

You should check out their previous tournaments. They had the same setup in 2015 and 2016 on NYE.

Kyouriguchi won't be the favourite for this tournament

He will be outsized by Oliveria and even if he wins he won't be able to recover enough. Oliveria should be the favourite for this Tourny IMO.

Jiri vs Albert is a good fight but would have prefered a bigger challenge for Jiri. Albert is a slow and methodical fighter and he won't last long.

Birchark vs Hoon - Would have prefered ersen Yamamoto vs Crazy Horse but at least it takes Birchark away from the commentary.

Less than two months away from an orgy of JMMA

Birchark vs Hoon - Would have prefered ersen Yamamoto vs Crazy Horse but at least it takes Birchark away from the commentary.

Less than two months away from an orgy of JMMA

Now let's hope they can get Cruickshank a fight

Good fights but we need some heavies and freak shows. Where Gabi, Baruto, Aliakbari at?

Good fights but we need some heavies and freak shows. Where Gabi, Baruto, Aliakbari at?

Gabi has already started her camp, it's not known yet whether she'll fight on the 29th or the 31st (probably the latter, usually the 29th is the more athletically legitimate show and NYE features more of the freakshow extravaganza aspect).

I doubt we'll see Baruto again, his GP experience against Cro Cop seems to have made him reevaluate whether he really wants to be a fighter. RIZIN still occasionally posts some of his promotional appearances (very rarely though), so it' not that they're on bad terms.

Dunno about Aliakbari, you could try asking Milesabove on here or Mike Swick on the UG about that.

Yachi just issued a challenge to Gomi on Twitter for NYE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back