RIZIN FIGHTING WORLD GRAND PRIX 2017 Bantamweight Tournament 2nd ROUND - December 29 - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't say Sapp does nothing for his career, he's still a big name in Asia, bigger than probably any competitive fighter they can bring in for Aliakbari. If they make the fight then it would be for the same reason they make Yachi vs Gomi, quick ratings boost and their young talents get easy wins over name fighters.

That being said, give Sapp his retirement fight but it should be some sort of spectacle. Time to finally throw money at Asashoryu and get him in there. Maybe Harumafuji if his inevitable forced retirement from Sumo happens in time. Or get Baruto back in there.
I agree on Sapp vs Baruto’

But to waste an Aliakbari fight with sapp, who is going to crawl and tap due to strikes, not fun lol

I agree on Sapp vs Baruto’

But to waste an Aliakbari fight with sapp, who is going to crawl and tap due to strikes, not fun lol

Yo, I heard that in Cro Cop's MMA Hour interview, he says he will fight the winner of 2018 Rizin HW GP champion in NYE 2018 as his farewell fight.

Sounds good to me, what do you think?

Yo, I heard that in Cro Cop's MMA Hour interview, he says he will fight the winner of 2018 Rizin HW GP champion in NYE 2018 as his farewell fight.

Sounds good to me, what do you think?
I thought he should have stayed retired after winning the last gp. But sounds cool he is fighting a champ in his last fight. Probably a rematch with Aliakbari?

I thought he should have stayed retired after winning the last gp. But sounds cool he is fighting a champ in his last fight. Probably a rematch with Aliakbari?
but yeah, his rizin gp run would've been a perfect ending in his career

Tenshin won his kickboxing match via 3 rd KO against the 73-3 Ignacio Capllonch. It didn't look like he took much damage, so he should be good for NYE.

Rizin will have a 5 hour and 15 minute Fuji TV timeslot on NYE. I'm not sure how much will be live.

Rizin will have a 5 hour and 15 minute Fuji TV timeslot on NYE. I'm not sure how much will be live.

That's great! Haven't they had only like a two hour slot on previous NYE's?

BTW there's something to be said about having only a few events a year. I usually don't get excited even for big UFC cards until the late fight week but I can't wait for these NYE shows.

That's great! Haven't they had only like a two hour slot on previous NYE's?

BTW there's something to be said about having only a few events a year. I usually don't get excited even for big UFC cards until the late fight week but I can't wait for these NYE shows.

I think they had a similar amount of time last year, but some of it might be live.

However, their 12/30 activities is more robust this year. They have a big Japanese musical group coming for the amateur mma and grappling tournaments.

Cindy Dandois def. Kerry Hughes via TKO (referee stoppage) at 3:10 of R1

No injuries for Cindy. So her fight vs King reina is green light

There will be a press conference with fight announcements and details on this year's festival activities on the 29th, 13:30h (local time). Viewable as usual via facebook or youtube.

If they keep the format established in the past 2 years we can expect a total of ~10 more fights.

"Confirmed rumours" (meaning either the fighters themselves or Japanese news sites have reported their participation, but no official announcement by RIZIN yet):

Kanako Murata
Yamato Fujita
Tenshin Nasukawa
Amir Aliakbari
Gabi Garcia

Rumoured:

Takanori Gomi
Bob Sapp
Yusuke Yachi

Last edited:
There will be a press conference with fight announcements and details on this year's festival activities on the 29th, 13:30h (local time). Viewable as usual via facebook or youtube.

If they keep the format established in the past 2 years we can expect a total of ~10 more fights.

"Confirmed rumours" (meaning either the fighters themselves or Japanese news sites have reported their participation, but no official announcement by RIZIN yet):

Kanako Murata
Yamato Fujita
Tenshin Nasukawa
Amir Aliakbari
Gabi Garcia

Rumoured:

Takanori Gomi
Bob Sapp
Yusuke Yachi

Tonight?

Kanako Murata
Yamato Fujita
Tenshin Nasukawa
Amir Aliakbari
Gabi Garcia

Rumoured:

Takanori Gomi
Bob Sapp
Yusuke Yachi

Kawajiri also posted about wanting on the card and Rizin retweeted it. Phil Baroni and Jake Heun retweeted/fav'ed Sakakibara's presser announcement.

The presser will be at the Westin Hotel Tokyo, so it will be a big one.

Kawajiri also posted about wanting on the card and Rizin retweeted it. Phil Baroni and Jake Heun retweeted/fav'ed Sakakibara's presser announcement.

The presser will be at the Westin Hotel Tokyo, so it will be a big one.

Yeah, wonder how many matches they'll announce today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Judoka_Noob
Back