RIZIN FIGHTING WORLD GRAND PRIX 2017 Bantamweight Tournament 2nd ROUND - December 29 - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why UFC didn't copy Rizin's tournament system for the women's 125 championship?

Otsuka vs Taha happening like I wanted. Great to see McCall as one of the wild cards, not sure why Oliveira wasn't made the second one

Otsuka vs Taha happening like I wanted. Great to see McCall as one of the wild cards, not sure why Oliveira wasn't made the second one

Exactly Oliveira deserves to be there

cardboard cuttout, missing fighter in slot D, so JMMA

wouldn't have it any other way

prXJizD.jpg

I wonder what they are paying McCall? He wanted 100k from the UFC.
No idea what they're paying him, but I know Cro Cop made close to $300K for winning the tournament last year.

Maybe they're paying the same to the winner of this tournament and that's why Ian took it up.

They need some big names... maybe try to get more former UFC or bellator guys otherwise no ones gonna watch this except in Japan

Didn't they try to get Carwin at one point? A name like that would be good to help the org

They need some big names... maybe try to get more former UFC or bellator guys otherwise no ones gonna watch this except in Japan
That's the goal... The goal is to get the natives to watch. The foreigners are just a bonus. They don't expect this to do 1M Fite TV streams. What they're hoping for is for natives to tune in on Fuji TV.

Didn't they try to get Carwin at one point? A name like that would be good to help the org
Yes and he withdrew for an unknown reason.

Roughly translated notes of what was said at the press conference:

McCall: I was able to get out of my UFC contract. I took the RIZIN offer because I want to participate in the tournament. Horiguchi is a fighter that belongs in the UFC. I look forward to meeting him in the finals on NYE.

Kape: McCall is easy money. I finished Erson in a minute. I'll finish McCall in 3 minutes.

Taha: I wanted to fight McCall first, but I look forward to facing Otsuka.

Petshi: I wanted to fight Horiguchi first, but a fight with Ishiwatari is a fantastic opportunity.

Ishiwatari: I'd like to fight Horiguchi in the final.

Horiguchi: I want to fight McCall.

Sakakibara: Unsure of who Horiguchi's opponent is going to be at the moment. It could be Gabriel Oliveira, a Bellator representative or a BAMMA representative.

Roughly translated notes of what was said at the press conference:

McCall: I was able to get out of my UFC contract. I took the RIZIN offer because I want to participate in the tournament. Horiguchi is a fighter that belongs in the UFC. I look forward to meeting him in the finals on NYE.

Kape: McCall is easy money. I finished Erson in a minute. I'll finish McCall in 3 minutes.

Taha: I wanted to fight McCall first, but I look forward to facing Otsuka.

Petshi: I wanted to fight Horiguchi first, but a fight with Ishiwatari is a fantastic opportunity.

Ishiwatari: I'd like to fight Horiguchi in the final.

Horiguchi: I want to fight McCall.

Sakakibara: Unsure of who Horiguchi's opponent is going to be at the moment. It could be Gabriel Oliveira, a Bellator representative or a BAMMA representative.
everyone wants mccall, from that standpoint he's a good signing for them but i wonder how healthy he is and what he will look like after such a long layoff

Wow McCall is a great signing.

Tournament been moving pretty slow, when do the finals occur?

the Guchi and Mcall getting all the call outs. Is it just me or is Kape cringey with how hard he is trying, but if he happens to knock out Ian in the first ill shut up (he wont, I dont think)

He knows the crowd he's fighting in front for and he knows what they like, so he puts on a show for them.

I mean I get that, but the whole your Mom lost was pretty low and all that. Eh, we will see what happens, if anything he is a character.

It kind of sucks Kawajiri isn't up there standing beside Horiguchi. That was there plan.

Might be time for Karajiri to think about hanging it up, 1/5 in his last 5. :(

Also Gomi, 1/7 out of his last 7, alllllthough if I remember correctly I thought he beat Diego... but them TKOs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back