RIZIN FIGHTING WORLD GRAND PRIX 2017 Bantamweight Tournament 2nd ROUND - December 29 - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Edwin

DQzhyAXVoAAwwos.jpg

Event: RIZIN FIGHTING WORLD GRAND PRIX 2017 Bantamweight Tournament 2nd ROUND
Date: December 29, 2017
Time: 1:00 AM EST
Venue: Saitama Super Arena
Stream: FITE ($19.99)
2-Pack: FITE ($29.99) ~ (December 29th + December 31st)

RIZIN 61.0 kg GP 2nd Round ~ 3 Rounds x 5 Minutes:
Kyoji Horiguchi (20-2) vs. Gabriel Oliveira (10-0)

Ian McCall (13-5-1) vs. Manel Kape (7-1)

Shintaro Ishiwatari (23-6-4) vs. Kevin Petshi (13-3)

Takafumi Otsuka (23-13-1, 1 NC) vs. Khalid Taha (11-0)

INTERMISSION

93.0 kg ~ 1 round x 10 minutes + 1 round x 5 minutes:
Jiří Procházka (19-3-1) vs. Karl Albrektsson (6-1)

70.0 kg ~ 3 rounds x 5 minutes:
KING Reina (7-0) vs. Cindy Dandois (8-3)

66.0 kg ~ 1 round x 10 minutes + 1 round x 5 minutes:
Hiroyuki Takaya (22-14-2) vs. Baataryn Azjavkhlan (2-2)

RIZIN 61.0 kg GP Alternate ~ 3 Rounds x 5 Minutes:
Anthony Birchak (12-5) vs. Jae Hoon Moon (10-10)

63.0 kg ~ 1 round x 10 minutes + 1 round x 5 minutes:
1 round x 10 minutes + 1 round x 5 minutes:
Kizaemon Saiga (3-3) vs. Kai Asakura (8-1)

57.0 kg ~ 3 rounds x 5 minutes:
Shizuka Sugiyama (15-4-1) vs. Kana Watanabe (1-0)

75.0 kg~ 1 round x 10 minutes + 1 round x 5 minutes:
Satoru Kitaoka (40-15-9) vs. Strasser Kiichi (18-7-2, 1 NC)​

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to let you know, Rizin will announce the QF tommorrow at 18:00 in Tokyo (4 AM [C])
Yep, that's why I followed up with this post:
The fights I posted are going based off this graphic on the RIZIN website:

jBAg2Cb.jpg

It also says the fights will be announced tomorrow, so the fights in the OP are just really a placeholder until then.

Hope we get Horiguchi vs Ishiwatari 2, Taha vs Otsuka, Oliveira vs Kape, and Petshi vs whoever gets a wild card.

If they keep to the Women's bracket then the matchups are RENA vs Rivera and Oliveira vs Asakura. Miyuu blowing it really benefited RENA big time, her wrestling could have at least made RENA sweat. Instead RENA will massacre Rivera while Oliveira and Asakura probably go to war.

Hope we get Horiguchi vs Ishiwatari 2, Taha vs Otsuka, Oliveira vs Kape, and Petshi vs whoever gets a wild card.

If they keep to the Women's bracket then the matchups are RENA vs Rivera and Oliveira vs Asakura. Miyuu blowing it really benefited RENA big time, her wrestling could have at least made RENA sweat. Instead RENA will massacre Rivera while Oliveira and Asakura probably go to war.

RENA has already choked out Miyuu, so it wouldn't make her sweat all that much. Asakura/Oliveira will be some fire, adn either of them winning and facing RENA in the finals would make for stellar viewing. RENA vs Asakura is the best case scenario for Rizin although Oliveira is clearly super talented and her vs RENA standing would be a much better fight.

RENA has already choked out Miyuu, so it wouldn't make her sweat all that much. Asakura/Oliveira will be some fire, adn either of them winning and facing RENA in the finals would make for stellar viewing. RENA vs Asakura is the best case scenario for Rizin although Oliveira is clearly super talented and her vs RENA standing would be a much better fight.
She managed to take RENA down in their first fight and work some top position. It's more than what I expect from Rivera who is going to be a sitting duck

Anyone have gifs of Kawajiri being ko'd? Or of Tenshin's punch?

I'm amazed that punch from Tenshin didn't KO Fujita. Look at this shit land flush and just send his head flying back.

I hope Rizin keeps Fujita around because he looks like another promising young prospect. Great striking, crazy chin, good speed, and showed some wrestling ability. I'd love to see a rematch with him and Tenshin later down the road when they both get more experience.

I wish the tournament moved just a little faster. 6 months just for the first round.

Tyvm, both look brutal, i passed out and woke up when this was close to over so didn't get a chance to watch, waiting to find fights online.

Any I should skip because the PBP threads n stuff are enough to get the jist? Or is everything worth the watch

Tyvm, both look brutal, i passed out and woke up when this was close to over so didn't get a chance to watch, waiting to find fights online.

Any I should skip because the PBP threads n stuff are enough to get the jist? Or is everything worth the watch
I'd skip the grappling match, they never even went to the ground. Rest is watchable but the main, co-main, Oliveira vs Kawajiri, Kape vs Erson, Oliveira vs Garcia, and Asakura were the MMA standouts for me. The kickboxing bouts were some of the most entertaining fights RIZIN has put on.

The Yamamotos are now 2-6 in Rizin. That's pretty bad.
Erson wasn't ready for the tournament, was surprised rizin let him in it. As for milf, she actually did good on her fight but she couldn't really do shit when she took that tall ass girl to the ground. It was the tall girl who was active when they was in the ground. Milf was actually winning the stand up exchanges, so maybe if she kept the fight on the feet, she would've won.

Erson wasn't ready for the tournament, was surprised rizin let him in it. As for milf, she actually did good on her fight but she couldn't really do shit when she took that tall ass girl to the ground. It was the tall girl who was active when they was in the ground. Milf was actually winning the stand up exchanges, so maybe if she kept the fight on the feet, she would've won.
True

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back