RIZIN FIGHTING WORLD GRAND PRIX 2017 Bantamweight Tournament 1st ROUND - Natsu no Jin - Thread

Did Yachi call out Kron in Japanese first or did he just respond affirmatively from the question in English would he like to fight Kron next?

Also, what weight class makes sense for Yachi vs Kron if they do want to fight?
155 , 145 or catch weight at 150?

Kron looks good at 145 and think he would be better off staying there vs bulking up.

Yachi has 2 nice wins recently at Rizen hope they can get him a big name like Kron. Though think Kron subs him at 145 and Yachi should fight someone else at 155 to keep his win streak advancing.

Sorry Dan, I already asked them to bring on Roxanne Modaferri instead. Her college work with languages, mastery of Japanese and experience translating fights professionally puts her in a different bracket.
I, for one, think @DanTheWolfman.com would be fantastic addition to the Rizin commentary team. His vast experience training with the world's best pros all over the globe at literally hundreds of gyms (just way too many to name...maybe Dan can help out the ignorant in that regards), his high level knowledge being the world's foremost practitioner of the famous catch-jitsu grappling style that has been so successful in the sport and his 20+ years of perfecting the intricacies of techniques that NOBODY knows the names of would not only solidify the Rizin commentary team but the Rizin promotion itself as the torchbearer for the future of the sport not only in Japan but around the world. That's not even touching on his humility and humbleness. Sounds like a match made in heaven to me.

I, for one, think @DanTheWolfman.com would be fantastic addition to the Rizin commentary team. His vast experience training with the world's best pros all over the globe at literally hundreds of gyms (just way too many to name...maybe Dan can help out the ignorant in that regards), his high level knowledge being the world's foremost practitioner of the famous catch-jitsu grappling style that has been so successful in the sport and his 20+ years of perfecting the intricacies of techniques that NOBODY knows the names of would not only solidify the Rizin commentary team but the Rizin promotion itself as the torchbearer for the future of the sport not only in Japan but around the world. Sounds like a match made in heaven to me.
I feel like commentary needs kind of a particular skillset. I like Modaferri for Rizin specifically because of the translation experience and fluent japanese. I could see Dan on a circuit somewhere in the midwest.

I caught up with this card a couple of days late. Was entertaining JMMA as usual. Was surprised by Aliakbari's improved striking too. Look forward to the next one.

giphy.gif
Imagine if UFC did this?

I feel like commentary needs kind of a particular skillset. I like Modaferri for Rizin specifically because of the translation experience and fluent japanese. I could see Dan on a circuit somewhere in the midwest.
One of Pancrase's commentators, Stewart Fulton, was at the event and said he spoke with Sakakibara about doing future events. He's a solid commentator that can handle translation and is very familiar with the scene on top of being a former fighter in it. I would like to see him get a trial run at the October event.

Roxy would be cool to try out as well, definitely better than Cruickshank or Warren as fighter commentators.

Cruickshank or Warren don't appear to be welcome commentators but I do appreciate that the fighters are given a chance. It is common in athletics to have athletes as commentators and offers employment income beyond fighting. Familiar faces also provide some marketing.

I don't listen to commentary so much but do like more neutral comments if I am listening and fighters tend to be more biased and sometimes talk about themselves like how they would react which I don't like. Backstories are nice if the commentator does some research. Otherwise I can see what is going on .

I don't listen to commentary so much but do like more neutral comments if I am listening and fighters tend to be more biased and sometimes talk about themselves like how they would react which I don't like.
That's pretty much what Joe Warren did when he was on commentary.

re: ratings - the card was pretty lousy, so if there's cause for concern, hopefully that's taken into account. then again, fuji might not be happy with mediocre cards (and likely lower ratings than would be relatively easily feasible).

re: commentary - yeah, it was bad.

i'd be stoked to hear josh barnett commentate again. and i know he's hit/miss with people, but i also always liked shiavello. no idea how affordable either would be.

re: ratings - the card was pretty lousy, so if there's cause for concern, hopefully that's taken into account. then again, fuji might not be happy with mediocre cards (and likely lower ratings than would be relatively easily feasible).

re: commentary - yeah, it was bad.

i'd be stoked to hear josh barnett commentate again. and i know he's hit/miss with people, but i also always liked shiavello. no idea how affordable either would be.
That's a great idea. A proven competitor with a LEGIT catch background. Bring Barnett Back!

fuji might not be happy with mediocre cards
Fuji TV doesn't care about the cards. They care about the ratings.

The ratings previously were brought in by freak shown fights mostly and now by WMMA fights as proven as the ratings have peaked during WMMA fights on their most recent events; previously during RENA's fights and now with Juju's fight.

Fuji TV doesn't care about the cards. They care about the ratings.

The ratings previously were brought in by freak shown fights mostly and now by WMMA fights as proven as the ratings have peaked during WMMA fights on their most recent events; previously during RENA's fights and now with Juju's fight.

Like I suggested they already brought in two teenagers and some middle aged Aunties and that seems to have been enough to keep them alive ratings wise

However they need to go more extreme IMO and start bringing in people with no combat sports background that can nonetheless put on a show

Also they need to alternate Men's and woman's fights because a lot of people have 0 interest in watching a man fight unless it's going to be a spectacle so when they do 4 straight men's fights I ASSUME that many people just switch the channel which really hurts the ratings

working some ammy cards off camera would be a great way for ted to hone his craft. Come back stronger than before and to shore up his deficencies.

I guess that's why UFC keeps putting WMMA in the co-main.

I'd rather 2 experienced fighters or trainers just doing color than that dork from last time doing "play by play".

They should get me I have over 20k post on sherdog

Back