RIZIN Fighting World Grand Prix 2016 - 1st Round Attendance Figure and TV Rating

Not sure what RIZIN was competing against on TV and as you can see, this event didn't do as great as the previously mentioned K-1 event, but it's still an improvement in ratings to their first 2 events from December 2015.

Attendance was higher than the first December 2015 event, but lower than the NYE event to no surprise as that was a bigger show.

Either way, it seems like it's slowly progressing which is a possitive sign.

Not sure what RIZIN was competing against on TV and as you can see, this event didn't do as great as the previously mentioned K-1 event, but it's still an improvement in ratings to their first 2 events from December 2015.

Attendance was higher than the first December 2015 event, but lower than the NYE event to no surprise as that was a bigger show.

Either way, it seems like it's slowly progressing which is a possitive sign.

A drama and variety show it looks like

Isn't NYE the highest rated TV night in Japan, so last night had less total people watching. The Akebono vs Sapp fight is one of the highest rated fights ever in Japan.

This is higher than UFC on Fox, correct?

Japan Google Trends - Miyuu Yamamoto and Rena both did 100k searches, so they were #1 and #2. Saiga's screaming wife was #3

The United States Google trends - Cyborg did 50k and Gabi Garcia did 50k which didn't sound correct.

Last edited:
HERO'S RATINGS STILL >PRIDE BUSHIDO,DREAM ,SENGOKU, UFC JAPAN POST MASATO MAX,RIZIN

Saiga's wife is good looking (Abiru Yu?). Did she do hair nudes photo books, etc.?

Last edited:
Fine numbers for a first round for a rebuilding org. Good to see.

Rizin really has potential, I am convinced after this show.
I was fucking great.

Rizin has great potential. They can put kron vs aoki title match(LW or FW) on NYE and some fighters who fought on Pride,Sengoku&Dream like
Xande Ribeiro, Marius zaromski, Hong Man Choi, Hatsu Hioki, Sergei Kharitonov, Mark Hunt(i believe he doesnt wanna fight in Ufc anymore). Put them all on NYE fight card and the ratings will be higher

Rizin really has potential, I am convinced after this show.
I was fucking great.
It was, I volunteer to be a Rizin sign spinner if that is what it takes to keep the show going. With USADA abound I could really see some stateside talent heading west also.

Rizin has great potential. They can put kron vs aoki title match(LW or FW) on NYE and some fighters who fought on Pride,Sengoku&Dream like
Xande Ribeiro, Marius zaromski, Hong Man Choi, Hatsu Hioki, Sergei Kharitonov, Mark Hunt(i believe he doesnt wanna fight in Ufc anymore). Put them all on NYE fight card and the ratings will be higher

Bigfoot should head to Rizin as well and get back on TRT.

You can get whatever ratings your getting but until someone is paying you big $$$$ for your product does it really matter much. Maybe some Japan people can enlighten us on if that rating is avg., good, great, etc.. Also how is Rizin being portrayed in the Japan Media today? Is the black cloud around MMA/Sak's people cleared out some?

P.S.: My understanding Sak was still working under this Public Broadcasting deal thing with were they help pay to put your product on, some kind of government media program thing. I haven't heard he ever signed any deal with traditional deal with FUJI.

Rizin's rating was better than the past 8 weeks of Fuji TV's Sunday night programming:

Pride FC 1-6 Average Attendance: 18,333. Low was 4,000. High was 47,000.
Rizin had 15,000 in attendance.

Just fyi

Back