Rizin FF 12/29 & 12/31 Rumors + Plus Suggest Name for NYE Show

kingcillo24

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
The Japanese NYE shows have always received special names such as Pride Shockwave, K-1 Premium Dynamite, and K-1/Dream Dynamite. They may just name it "Rizin World Grand-Prix 2016: Final Round".

Rizin relates to the Shinto god Raijin that used thunder and lightening, but also refers to Japan's "Land of the Rising Sun" or "Rising Up" (obvious I guess).

Name Suggestions (Different Degrees of Corniness):
- Rizin FF: Thunderbolt
- Rizin FF: Ascension
- Rizin FF: Super Nova (Term might not be used in Japan)
- Rizin FF: Climax
- Rizin FF: Pride

Rizin FF has a lot of slots to fill for their two shows. There may be more than 18 matches (combined between the two events) outside the 7 remaining OWGP tournament matches. There should be at least two injury alternate bouts on the Rizin 12/29 show just to keep the number of OWGP fights "even". Those bouts may be composed of guys like Aukstuolis, Albrektsson, Chris Barnett or new blood.

Original Rumors:

Higher Weight Classes:
- CONFIRMED Fedor appears to be doubtful for Rizin NYE due to the circumstances surrounding his daughter
- DEBUNKED Baruto broke his hand against Ironhead, but it is unknown if that will stop him from being on the event
- CONFIRMED Jiri Prochazka appeared to injure his leg (CONFIRMED TORN ACL) in his last contest, but he was able to walk on it, so Rizin might be looking to fill three spots in their OWGP (Baruto and him plus the last mystery opponent)
- Not really a rumor, but a fact, Bellator has booked King Mo vs Ishii for a mid-December event
- Rampage Jackson, I find it weird that Bellator hasn't booked him for one of their 8 remaining shows in 2016, he didn't take damage against Ishii, maybe he just Twitch Streams now

Lower Weight Class:
- Aoki is booked for a mid-November title defense in One Championship, he has also been critical of Rizin in the past, but he has fought on 9 of the last 10 NYE shows
- CONFIRMED Daron Cruickshank said he has one fight left on his contract and is down to fight on one of the two shows
- CONFIRMED Satoru Kitaoka during his post fight interview at Pancrase 281, stated his interest to fight at Rizin NYE
- CONFIRMED Charles "Felony" Bennett is already in training camp (...) for December 29th or 31st, Andre Dida would be a nice opponent (long time training partner of Wand, punched Chael in back of head)
- Where in the hell are Gono, Uno, Miyata (does some pro wrestling work), and Wicky?

WMMA:
- CONFIRMED Rin Nakai (125, might cut down further, does weird bug stuff now) said she would fight in Rizin, unclear about NYE because her next match November 13th at Pancrase 282, Murata (115) called her out at the last Rizin event
- CONFIRMED Rena and Andy Souwer will have matches at the next November Shoot Boxing event, Rena has stated she will fight at one of the Rizin shows, she was the main event for the FujiTV broadcast (shows was hour tape delay or some shit, Kron/Tokoro was moved to Co-Main)
- Rena's close friend Mio (Shoot Boxer), she may also transfer over to MMA
- DEBUNKED Kanako Murata may have a MMA match at same Shoot Boxing event (she has before) or a Shoot Boxing rules match, she likes to keep active (4 fights in 6 months),
- CONFIRMED Miyu Yamamoto is continuing to train MMA and is looking to fight again
- CONFIRMED Gabi Garcia stated she has fight news for the next Rizin show which is no surprise
Updated News/Rumors:
- Charles Bennett, Rena, and Souwer will be competing at the November 11th Shoot Boxing card. Bennett will be in the 8 man GP
- DEBUNKED Tadahiro Nomura, 41 old, 3x Olympic Judo Gold Medalist '96, '00, '04, 135 pounder maybe exhibition against Kid Yamamoto, is being pursued along with many other Olympicans by Rizin and FujiTV
- DEBUNKED Hamaguchi, 38, 2x Olympic Freestyle Wrestling Bronze Medalist 2004 & 2008 and has won 5x Fila Wrestling Championships, has prior MMA experience, supposed to have resumed training
- DEBUNKED Asashoryu (just a possibility mentioned in article), 36, Yokozuna (highest Sumo rank), started to form a MMA camp in 2010 after his Sumo retirement but became business man, it would also be nice to have his company provide some financial backing
- CONFIRMED Carwin and Kawajiri are rumored to appear
- DEBUNKED Takeru (28-1?) won the 57.5 kg 8 man grand prix to become the 126 pound Champion (?) last night and has also declared his interest of fighting at Rizin NYE.
- DEBUNKED Retina Eye Injury forced Seiichiro Ito out (Grandslam main event winner from last night) is the 22 year old ZST Flyweight Champ (11-1-2) and he wants to fight at Rizin NYE.
CONFIRMED BOUTS:

12/29:
105 lbs: Kanna Asakura vs Alyssa Garcia
125 lbs: Tenshin Nasukawa vs TBA
150 lbs: Yusuke Yachi vs Mario Sismundo
155 lbs: Andy Souwer vs Kaz Miyata
132 lbs: Yuki Motoya vs Allan Nascimento
155 lbs: Cruickshank vs Satoru Kitaoka
125 lbs: Kanako Murata vs Rin Nakai
125 lbs: Kai Kara-France vs Tatsumitsu Wada
OWGP Reserve #1: Vadim Nemkov vs Alison Vicente
OWGP: Alternative Reserve Match #2
OWGP: Moldavsky vs Bajor
OWGP: Heath Herring vs Aliakbari
OWGP: TK vs Baruto
OWGP: King Mo vs Cro Cop

12/31:
128 lbs: Kizaemon Saiga vs Dillin West
OWGP: Alternative Reserve Next Round (?)
OWGP: 1st Semi-Final
OWGP: 2nd Semi-Final
180 lbs: Hayato Sakurai vs Wataru Sakata
108 lbs: Miyuu Yamamoto vs Andy Nguyen
147 lbs: Charles Bennett vs Minoru Kimura II
136 lbs: Ersen Yamamoto vs Hideo Tokoro
185 lbs area: Gabi Garcia vs Wrestler (Garcia cannot weigh in 15 lbs higher than Kandori)
110 lbs: Rena vs Hanna Tyson
143 lbs: Kawajiri vs Kron Gracie
OWGP Final

Notes:
- The weights are rather random
- OWGP are 2 x 5 min rounds & WMMA Matches are 3 x 5 min rounds

Last edited:
Why add all this extra meaning to the name?

The name in general is just about the return of Pride style JMMA.

Rizin from the ashes.

I enjoy new and fresh faces over the tired old faces of long past JMMA (Fedor, Gono, cro cop, Kitaoka, Rampage etc) so I hope they keep pushing the new faces as well as introduce some new débutantes

I hope they get Saiga to face some one really brutal so that his wife can damage her vocal cords as he is being beaten to a pulp...

an Ideal RIZIN card for me would consist of about 12 debuting fighters (0-0) with interesting backgrounds and 12 vetarans

I just want to see Hisaki Kato or one of the Pitbull bros fighting for Rizin, both are must watch....

Rizin: Suupaa Golden Best Explosion

Charles Bennett will be completing in the November Shoot Boxing S-Cup Tournament. I am not sure if Andy Souwer is in the tournament.

Rizin: ...in the Name of Love

If Kharitonov comes though his Bellator fight ok would love to see him in the GP.

I was thinking Rampage was taking up that extra spot in the tournament based on the same reasons you are. Rampage in PRIDE rules is something we need to see again. I'll take him over King Mo any day.

Still hoping for the chance that some WSOF fighters turn up on one of those shows. Brian Foster or Luis Palomino would be great.

pride nye was called the man festival /Otoko Matsuri

I was thinking Rampage was taking up that extra spot in the tournament based on the same reasons you are. Rampage in PRIDE rules is something we need to see again. I'll take him over King Mo any day.

Still hoping for the chance that some WSOF fighters turn up on one of those shows. Brian Foster or Luis Palomino would be great.
Palomino would be really fun under Rizin rules. WSOF probably won't send their fighters because they are having a NYE Show on BIG NBC.

Gono is a DEEP/WSOF-GC fighter. Also the rumors are bleh. They're working on matchups right now.

Name Suggestions (Different Degrees of Corniness):
- Rizin FF: Thunderbolt
- Rizin FF: Ascension
- Rizin FF: Super Nova (Term might not be used in Japan)
- Rizin FF: Climax
- Rizin FF: Pride...

Rizin: Orgasm?

Baruto Rampage would be a good bout.

Tadahiro Nomura, 41 old, 3x Olympic Judo Gold Medalist '96, '00, '04, 135 pounder maybe exhibition against Kid Yamamoto, is being pursued along with many other Olympicans by Rizin and FujiTV

Last edited:
How about Sakuraba defending the honor of Wanderlei Silva by facing Charles Bennett?

For the promotional package they could show clips from the hotel where they are simulating getting themselves off, pointing at one another from the hotel, with a ghosted image of Sakuraba's head with his classic dead pan look on his face with the caption "Not in my country. This has to stop."

It is perfect for NYE in Japan.

Back